• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Ok, forget Opening Day...lets play Monday

Seabass

Well, baseball is here. Other than college football and CBB totals, it's really the only sport where I feel confident that I'm going to make money over the course of the season. I'm leaving for 3 weeks in July, and I haven't decided yet if I'll just shut it down then or come back for September, so it might be a short season for me.

There's a few games that I like on the real Opening Day...no opinion on the Mets/Cardinals tonight.

Philadelphia and Myers -107 over Atlanta and Smoltz (2.14/2)
This is the line that stood out to me when I first looked at things. I think the pitchers are about even...both of them are prone to occasionally having real bad outings, but what can you do. I think that on a neutral field the Phillies are still a better team than the Braves, and while I do like the Braves to surprise this year due to their pen, I don't think that -107 is unreasonable to get Brett Myers at home. Myers is far from being what I would call an ace, but he is definitely a very good pitcher and I'm not sure he's getting the proper credit for that now.

Under 8: Washington/Florida (Patterson/Willis) (2.04/2.0)
These offenses, IMO, are both going to be pretty bad. Willis might not come out as sharp as I'm hoping, but even if he falters, I'm still not sure how hard the bats on Washington will really hit him. It surprises me that there are games like Santana/Bedard with O/U's at 7.5, but this one is at 8-just goes to show, sometimes people put more value in the SP's in an O/U than the teams that they are pitching towards. Patterson is making his first Opening Day start and was sharp in his last tuneup, and he's been talking about how much this means to him...I lean towards WASH, too.

Cincinatti/Harang over ChicagoCubs/Zambrano (2/2.1)
Cincinatti is a home dog against the Cubs. Let's evaluate this for a second. Cinci started very hot last year. Cinci is sending the NL strikeout leader to the mound. Both teams have mix and match bullpens with shaky closer situations. Cubs feeling a lot of pressure to start off strong, might be in over their heads a little bit. Why, exactly, am I getting plus money on the Reds?

Texas Rangers/Millwood over LAAAA Angels/Lackey (2/2.66)
Road dog here, which is not so much my thing. The thing is, though, I'm not sure LA is going to start out hot. They are without Colon and Weaver (this doesn't matter today), but more importantly, Figgins is out for a month, and Gary Matthews is an overpaid distraction right now. On the other side of the diamond, it sounds like Ron Washington has breathed life into the Rangers, and Millwood is just as good a pitcher as Lackey, IMO...especially if he doesn't have to pitch in that Texas ballpark.

Thats it for now, but I might end up talking myself into playing more. Zach Duke and Erik Bedard both seem to be getting too much money...2:1 for borderline aces on opening day? Doesn't sound too bad to take either dog.

those plays all look pretty solid to me........I really like the Nats and am leaning towards the Reds over as well as the Reds

GL this year

Millwood is nowhere near as good as Lackey. Thats a stretch dont u think?? Lackey is a darkhorse Cy Young canditate while Millwood is a notch above medicore. Though Lackey stinks it up versus Texas..dont disagree with the play just that comment....carry on...

Nut-

I don't really know where to go with on Millwood...he's had 3 very, very good seasons, and the rest is just sitting in there somewhere above a 4 ERA...Lackey, on the other hand, has 2 straight seasons of 3.5 ERAs...but prior to that, he was a 4.5 4.6 guy.

I don't know, I just am never too too impressed by Lackey. I mean you can throw him out there and he'll dominate at times, but he's not a guy I'd ever pay for.

I think I'm kinda in the middle on this debate with you-I'm lower on Lackey, and higher on Millwood. GL

looks good Seabass, like the Washington/Florida play... don't see how that Washington offense can get going now.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Seabass-Good luck this season!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree with SN about Lackey remark, but I would say their baserunning/hitting will suffer with Chone being out for a month...don't know about Gary Matthews Jr really, how he'll adapt to the new team once the real thing starts, forget preseason.

I prolly won't bet anything tonight, don't really see a betting edge on tonight's Halos game.

GL tonight buddy, have a good season. :shake: :cheers:

Tough 1-3 start, as the Phils blew a lead late and the Rangers had plenty of opportunities but never capitalized. Oh well-what are you gonna do.

A little busy with my personal life right now, so the only play I've got is for tracking purposes only really...

Blanton/Oakland +112 over Washburn/Seattle....2/2.24

Back