• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NHL offseason ingame

Doc Emrick retired today, big loss for you guys down in the states

He was probably a top 5 pbp guy ever imo

I've always thought hockey would more popular in the US if you just used the TSN feed, but Doc was always exception, I'd watch plenty of finals games on nbc over sportsnet because hes better than hughson

Bettman says plan to start new season on January 1, perfect

This draft gets real interesting at 2, byfield or stutzle for LA

Top 8 seems set in terms of being where the first tier ends, but in what order?
Still planning a New Years Day start?

Saw yesterday the PA leaking to a few guys they want an answer in the next few weeks, especially if training camp would start in december

Think it's still deciding how they were gonna do it is hold up, whether its gonna be split with divisional only, I.e is a canadian division only necessary with the border issues

Wonder if vaccine news today about the moderna one changes that too, if they think delaying a month gets fans in?

Nhl doesnt have the issue with july/Aug Olympics like NBA, so I dont think they would hate delaying a month or so if it meant they could do a normalish schedule

We may have some issues

Supposedly league is trying to push in some higher escrows on a 62 game season over 4.5 months

Players are pissed because they signed a new CBA literally 5 months ago which was supposed to factor in pandemic losses

Some talk that some players wanna just wait out a few months, we can get fans in the stands with a vaccine, so they get more money

Also I dono if anyone else has seen the reverse retro jerseys

They are very bad very bad, outside like 4, the rest are trash

I like the seals.

the ducks one is hilariously bad

Sabres yikes
Sabres if they had the regular logo and took the buffalo part out could look so good too

Ducks is a joke lol

Wings looks like a practice jersey that may be the worst... if not for the jets going gray

Lebrun saying this is a big week

I dont think January 1 is happening, maybe 5%

League and owners are basically in same position as mlb was earlier this year, they want to play a shorter season, with no fans, a 48 game season makes way more sense than 82, 72, or 60. It saves them money.

Players wont want to give up more escrow right now, since they just signed deal 6 months ago. But they know owners cant outright cancel.

Gonna hear a bunch of hot air between both sides the next few weeks, and we have a 48 game season start either late january or the week after the super bowl. They have said they wanna be done by mid July at the latest, they dont want to compete with olympics and NBC definitely doesnt want that, although like I said above they could literally end the day before, don't need s break like nba does

We will see 4 divisions, 1 all Canadian, 3 american, and then they stay in division for the first 2 rounds, and meet up for the final 4. With the hope that crowds can start to trickle in as season goes on. Although some owners are pushing for a 1 year 1-16 ranking playoffs, which could be fun, which means it wont happen.

4 teams are looking into outdoor games to have fans

Pittsburgh, boston, LA, and Anaheim

No word yet on how realistic, but could be an interesting way to get a decent chunk of attendance

56 sounds like fun
Yep, quick season too, sounds like it's basically gonna be a game every 2 nights type of window, so 120ish days. Will be MLB type series though most likely, so whatever the divisions are, let's go with Canada since we know that will be one. Leafs fly into Vancouver and play 4 over a week, then to Calgary and do the same thing.

Could make for some almost playoff type animosity, especially later in the season when playoffs are closed since only 4 from each division will get in

One of Pens or Caps sitting home in May, which one?

Could be both, that division is stacked

One of buffalo or New Jersey could even make a big jump if dahlin or Hughes makes a massive jump

My semi hot take is Boston misses out

I'd go

Philly
Penguins
Rangers

Then a toss up between the islanders, caps, and a sneaky feeling about buffalo, I think kane and eichel go supernova on a short season

Last edited:
West looks like its colorado, vegas, and st Louis, then a huge gap to 4. I think SJ may bounce back, arizona peobly close to them, LA could be fun to watch with some young talent coming but they are a bit away.

North is Ottawa on bottom, then kind of a toss up. I'd have toronto, Vancouver, and Edmonton as most likely, with Calgary and winnipeg fighting for 4th, Montreal a bit back

Central I'd have tampa 1, carolina 2, then some combo of Columbus, florida, dallas, and nashville. Chicago should trade kane for futures, then detroit at the bottom hoping for Aatu Raty in the draft, and if not hoping for Shane Wright in 2022.

Pending odds, and even with Kuch out, how can you not take the 71.5 points over for TB? That division is SOOO soft.

Changing of guards in Boston. Chara informed they will not be pursuing their HOF captain. Signs with the capitals for 795k

Pierre Luc Dubois 2 years 10 million.
Matt Barzal hasn’t been signed and there’s only 3.9 million of cap space for the islanders... he, at the minimum, would fetch 5 a year. Hoffman wasn’t wanted to go to the Islanders but did not want to wait on Barzal signing.

Back