• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NBA Playoffs Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Hey all,

Regular season thread was blah... once I kinda stopped posting I had a nice run for a bit but finished very uneven at the end. To be honest, the time just wasn't there consistently enough. With that being said, I think I'll have some plays here and there this postseason so I wanted go get something started and will have random takes as well..

Wednesday Play-In

LA Lakers -180
risking 2.5 units

The road will be tough moving forward for the Lakers but I still think they are a legit threat to win the West. I really do.. Obviously health is a big thing. We'll talk more about that in a bit. For this game, I would have the line more like 6.5/7. The league is wild, so I am gonna play the ML to be safe. I will look to perhaps freeroll this with a goodsize ML at some point. I mentioned +500 earlier but in reality I want to profit a unit on this game so I will need to see a 650 or so. We'll see... everything is fluid when I bet and I could potentially trade the game. Unless Chef goes for a bonkers 50 point game or something of the sort I expect the Lakers to cruise in the 2h to a comfortable win and get ready for the Suns.

1st Round Series Play

New York Knicks +100
2 units

I'll preface this by saying I am apt to change my mind at points in this series but I doubt I'll have to. I am getting even money on the team with homecourt advantage and whom I believe to be much better suited for a playoff series. I was high on Atlanta entering the year with a few of their moves but this team wasn't that impressive to me overall. Yes, you can say they finished the season strong (won 7 of last 8) but the only two that were impressive were Portland and Phoenix. The game vs the Suns was the night after the wild OT game Phoenix had in Cleveland. That was no surprise to myself. I am not a fan of the Hawks style for this series at all...

The Knicks play hard every night and have an MVP candidate that just keeps getting better and better. This team will get an extra surge from some fans at MSG who are so damn thirsty for some playoff basketball... this is going to be fun...

New York won all three games by 5,11 and 10 points in the season series.

The key matchup is obviously who guards Trae at both the beginning (to avoid a hot start) and in the 4th quarter. I trust the Knicks coaching staff much more here.

I have been wanting this matchup and it happened... Knicks in 6 and we get a fun Sixers and Knicks series in round 2.

Now, some quick hitters as we start the playoffs...

-Milwaukee is garbage and could lose again to Miami. The ceiling for this team is 2nd round this season... and time to make a change at the helm this off-season.

-I gave Brooklyn a lot of shit early on but the 3 guys gelled together pretty solid when they actually all were on the floor. They will snooze through the 1st round and should toy with the Bucks in round #2.

-I honestly do not know what to think of our #1 seed in the East. I am glad I'll get some series to watch to cap the potential Nets-Sixers conference finals.

-I'll be rooting for Portland, I just love Dame. Malone needs to go for Denver to get to that next level and a 1st round exit might do it, but probably not. This is the series with coaches that just cannot get let go. I think the Nugs are garbage right now to be honest. Either way, they are not going to deep this time around.

-The Clippers may well be the team this year. They shoot the three well, and just set an NBA record for FT percentage in the regular season. A lot will fall on Playoff P obviously. This will be the best 1st round series, but they should dispatch of the Mavs in 6 games or so.

-Overall, the league is not that strong this year... the champion will be solid but nothing all that memorable to myself. We'll see...

We'll talk Jazz hoops tomorrow night...

Hey all,

Regular season thread was blah... once I kinda stopped posting I had a nice run for a bit but finished very uneven at the end. To be honest, the time just wasn't there consistently enough. With that being said, I think I'll have some plays here and there this postseason so I wanted go get something started and will have random takes as well..

Wednesday Play-In

LA Lakers -180
risking 2.5 units

The road will be tough moving forward for the Lakers but I still think they are a legit threat to win the West. I really do.. Obviously health is a big thing. We'll talk more about that in a bit. For this game, I would have the line more like 6.5/7. The league is wild, so I am gonna play the ML to be safe. I will look to perhaps freeroll this with a goodsize ML at some point. I mentioned +500 earlier but in reality I want to profit a unit on this game so I will need to see a 650 or so. We'll see... everything is fluid when I bet and I could potentially trade the game. Unless Chef goes for a bonkers 50 point game or something of the sort I expect the Lakers to cruise in the 2h to a comfortable win and get ready for the Suns.

1st Round Series Play

New York Knicks +100
2 units

I'll preface this by saying I am apt to change my mind at points in this series but I doubt I'll have to. I am getting even money on the team with homecourt advantage and whom I believe to be much better suited for a playoff series. I was high on Atlanta entering the year with a few of their moves but this team wasn't that impressive to me overall. Yes, you can say they finished the season strong (won 7 of last 8) but the only two that were impressive were Portland and Phoenix. The game vs the Suns was the night after the wild OT game Phoenix had in Cleveland. That was no surprise to myself. I am not a fan of the Hawks style for this series at all...

The Knicks play hard every night and have an MVP candidate that just keeps getting better and better. This team will get an extra surge from some fans at MSG who are so damn thirsty for some playoff basketball... this is going to be fun...

The key matchup is obviously who guards Trae at both the beginning (to avoid a hot start) and in the 4th quarter. I trust the Knicks coaching staff much more here.

I have been wanting this matchup and it happened... Knicks in 6 and we get a fun Sixers and Knicks series in round 2.
New York stand up! The Knicks got no respect being picked to win 22-23 games this year and are still getting none despite being the 4 seed and at home. We swept the hawks, and held Trae to about 36% shooting, granted he did play well in their last meeting before exiting with the ankle injury. Julius has terrorized the hawks, he had 2 40+ point games and 28 in their last matchup. Key for the Knicks is gonna be what they do at PG. Payton has been awful the last few weeks and still starting but hardly giving them anything outside of his defense. Rose has been playing near his mvp level the last 10-15 games, and Burks has been hot since returning from covid. I believe those two are gonna see the majority of the minutes there, Payton prob sees 15-20 min max for his d on Trae, and Quickley might get some minutes there as well but he’s been a mixed bag since missing a few games w injury. ATL is dangerous no doubt, they have a lot of shooters, and capela/Collins can be a handful inside but the Knicks lunch pale attitude and play of their big 15 will be the difference imo.

-Milwaukee is garbage and could lose again to Miami. The ceiling for this team is 2nd round this season... and time to make a change at the helm this off-season.

-I gave Brooklyn a lot of shit early on but the 3 guys gelled together pretty solid when they actually all were on the floor. They will snooze through the 1st round and should toy with the Bucks in round #2.

-I honestly do not know what to think of our #1 seed in the East. I am glad I'll get some series to watch to cap the potential Nets-Sixers conference finals.

-I'll be rooting for Portland, I just love Dame. Malone needs to go for Denver to get to that next level and a 1st round exit might do it, but probably not. This is the series with coaches that just cannot get let go. I think the Nugs are garbage right now to be honest. Either way, they are not going to deep this time around.

-The Clippers may well be the team this year. They shoot the three well, and just set an NBA record for FT percentage in the regular season. A lot will fall on Playoff P obviously. This will be the best 1st round series, but they should dispatch of the Mavs in 6 games or so.

-Overall, the league is not that strong this year... the champion will be solid but nothing all that memorable to myself. We'll see...

I’ll respond to this stuff tomorrow

The only thing that worries me is Thibs vs McMillan over an entire series. I prefer the later in a series as he’s one of the league’s best. What is the Hawks third and fourth gear? We’ve been seeing 5th gear out of the Knicks all season - what’s left?

Will there be b2bs in the first round? Would be ideal to hedge series with possibly Hawks on b2bs where possible.

Burke returning is huge for the Knicks.

Haven’t watched a second of play this season but might try to bet/watch playoffs. Gun to head, who are y’all picking to win it all?

Wow Bobcats a complete joke. What kind of trash offense is this? They like the Knicks hit a lot of luck box 3s this season. Should have known.

Wow Bobcats a complete joke. What kind of trash offense is this? They like the Knicks hit a lot of luck box 3s this season. Should have known.
Yeah, it's not the best...

Of course when I played both we had a sloppy ass 5 minutes..

Just wanted to set up to take an under coming back the other way. I think we get a pretty good 3rd to accomplish this.

Darn,

That start to the third was perfect but I needed to more points to come back under hard...game totally died since then.

Oh well, onto the Lakers tomorrow.

Wiz tonight gun to head but not touching.

Damn near 50 points the last 5 mins.

I'm gonna pivot off and just do half on under to guarantee some profit.

Gotta think the Hornets are ready for their vacations now.

Unrelated to anything but why on my Mac in Safari I can't tab enter to send a message? I can in Chrome. WTF am I supposed to do in Safari?

Been awhile since I've used a PC/Mac for anything besides work...

Interesting FH in Boston. If Beal was 100% you have to think they win easily.

Loser faces a well rested team in Indiana. Brogdon is a underrated player in the association and Sabonis is a star. Neither played really well tonight and/or limited mins

Wizards don't blow anyone out but they look like they should win this. Celtics will live and die with the starting 5, getting no production from the bench. Wiz got a donut from Bertans and still had good bench production. Celtics might start with an early run, but Wiz should wear them down.

Wizards don't blow anyone out but they look like they should win this. Celtics will live and die with the starting 5, getting no production from the bench. Wiz got a donut from Bertans and still had good bench production. Celtics might start with an early run, but Wiz should wear them down.

Amazing they have no bench despite Ainge having 25 first round picks last 8 years.

The denver coaching change you mentioned is 1 year out imo, which sucks for that squad cause a real coach next year with jokic, Murray off a career ending injury*, and porter is a threat

But I think Murrays injury this year gives malone an excuse and another year, cheering for portland in the off chance a rd1 loss maybe does it

Ok. I promised a response. Here goes...

Agree with you on Milwaukee, although THIS is the matchup they’ve wanted since losing to Miami last year without Giannis so maybe they show up. Miami has been trash all year so not sold on them just turning it on either.

nets cruise in round 1 with or without the 3, I do think a series w Milw gets interesting bc I don’t think either team can stop the other. Those games would easily be 120s-130s for each

Sixers go as far as Joel can take them. He’s the one guy they got no one in the east has an answer for. If he dominates and they get enough shooting from harris, green, curry it’ll be tough to beat them, although I do like the Knicks matchup w them in round 2 :)

I think port ousts Denver. Denver had a nice run last year but that was all basically Murray going HAM and he’s obviously out. Don’t think joker, even if he gets help from Porter and Gordon has enough bullets to go blow for blow w dame and co.

I hate the clippers but they have kawhi, they got playoff rondo, they got Ibaka, if P is just average and doesn’t shoot like 5-21 they will be dangerous. Even guys like Bev, Morris, Cousins are big for them

Hey all,

Wednesday Play-In

LA Lakers -180
risking 2.5 units

1st Round Series Play

New York Knicks +100
2 units

Really like the Lake Show, but having a tough time swallowing 5.5 points. Conversely, having a tough time also swallowing that money line price. Maybe a Grizzlies/Lakers Moneyline parlay?

The three injured have horrific stat lines

I'd assume the rest for the next play in game?

Warriors aren't doing anything special.

Why are the Dubs wearing jerseys that say Oakland when they basically punted that city to the curb?

Glad I had chance to hedge/freeroll this.

Down to the wire, just got home to catch the end. Hopefully cash a small profit.

Back