• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

NBA "off-season" discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, this will be the weirdest off-season we've seen. I traditionally love the summer in NBA..the Uncle Dennis...homeboy that's an insider got Lakers...and plenty of other hilarity keeps us going.

This will be short...and the draft is November 18th...

The rumors last week had the season starting on MLK day... But looks like things have changed...

This would get Xmas day into the equation and maybe this shortens the schedule permanently??

Well, this will be the weirdest off-season we've seen. I traditionally love the summer in NBA..the Uncle Dennis...homeboy that's an insider got Lakers...and plenty of other hilarity keeps us going.

This will be short...and the draft is November 18th...

The rumors last week had the season starting on MLK day... But looks like things have changed...

This would get Xmas day into the equation and maybe this shortens the schedule permanently??

I kinda like the 22nd, my first thought was why not Christmas, but get every team in for a game on the 22nd and 23rd and then the big christmas games

Olympics is interesting, we talked about it a few months ago, and I'm guessing that's why its 72 instead of 82 this year?

Hopefully though this leads to December starts going forward, that's the big thing, in a regular year December to early August, draft and FA end of august

Would have to fade the Lakers win total/Lakers early on principle if the season starts before 2021.

Back on the grind in less than 2 months after winning a 'ship with an ageing roster.

We should all be prepared that 2021 is gonna be a lot weirder than 2020. Fact.

NBA wants that Xmas cash grab.

Also Wilson balls and Jordan branded jerseys.

What a big off season upcoming for the NBA to save its face. No more Marxist crap on the court. No more invitationals.

Will the Raptors repeat without Leonard?

How will the Clippers fare with their new coach? Could CP3 return there, somehow?

Will the Warriors avenge their finals loss and run the league like they should if healthy?

Can AD and Lebron compete with teams outside of a bubble and win a championship?

I think Billy D gets the Bulls to the playoffs. Moving the crappy Magic out of the perennial bottom seed in the East.

Christmas Day would be a great start for new beginnings.

Could be wrong, believe he had a clause pre-bubble.

Sounds extreme either way.

Will be fading the Lakers regardless if he plays or not.

The NBA would not be starting this early unless the finances depended on it

I think the "star" players may want to re-consider whether they decide to play or not in December

The NBA would not be starting this early unless the finances depended on it

I think the "star" players may want to re-consider whether they decide to play or not in December
And really the season is only a quick turnaround for 4..maybe 8 teams overall.

And really the season is only a quick turnaround for 4..maybe 8 teams overall.

right, I think Lebron can suck it up and go through the motions for a couple of months. maybe try hard on Xmas Day?

I don't think the athletes quite understand that the future of the NBA is not on solid footing right now, I saw something that they are projecting a 1.5B shortfall this season.

The Bubble cost 200 Million

right, I think Lebron can suck it up and go through the motions for a couple of months. maybe try hard on Xmas Day?

I don't think the athletes quite understand that the future of the NBA is not in solid footing right now, I saw something that they are projecting a 1.5B shortfall this season.

The Bubble cost 200 Million
Yup, even before the shutdown etc the NBA was on shaky ground... And the bubble etc did nothing to help that whatsoever.

Yup, even before the shutdown etc the NBA was on shaky ground... And the bubble etc did nothing to help that whatsoever.

Yeah, the whole reason you were hearing earlier this summer about March start dates was because they were assuming that is when fans would be allowed back.

I also think the NBA has no interest in playing basketball deep into the Summer , after the ratings disaster of the playoffs

Tell ya what, they need to get this started on the 22nd for multiple reasons...

One not being talked about...the league needs to start taking back control of the league itself...

The last several years they have let the players influence way too much and what a coincidence the ratings are falling off...

Stern would never have this at all...

These guys had a freaking 3 month break already...

Most of these teams will have played 0-13 games in a 9 month stretch if you start the season in December.

Tell ya what, they need to get this started on the 22nd for multiple reasons...

One not being talked about...the league needs to start taking back control of the league itself...

The last several years they have let the players influence way too much and what a coincidence the ratings are falling off...

Stern would never have this at all...

These guys had a freaking 3 month break already...

Most of these teams will have played 0-13 games in a 9 month stretch if you start the season in December.
Not to mention they had 4 months off before the bubble restart. Unreal how soft these guys are

As if it wasn’t bad enough you screw my knicks with them not being a part of the bubble or being allowed to gather for extra practices or participate in “league” games for non bubble teams, now you want to start the season basically just after free agency? We’ve only got like 5-6 guys under contract so will have what, 2 weeks to get guys signed and worked in w who we have? Thx Silver

The entire purpose of this coming season is an attempt to set up the 21/22 season in normal circumstances.

Again, shit gonna be weirder than the bubble.

Who do you guys like for MVP? Lowvig has lines up. I was hoping to bet Doncic at a good price, but only +500 seems low.

Looks like NBA is back on December 22.

By the way, I realized I bet on my Kings last season and then covid happened.
All regular season O/U totals got nullified right? I almost tore my Vegas ticket in February.

Great news that it's starting up before Xmas.

Gonna be weird but should be profitable looking at the landscape.

Looks like NBA is back on December 22.

By the way, I realized I bet on my Kings last season and then covid happened.
All regular season O/U totals got nullified right? I almost tore my Vegas ticket in February.
Some books paid on overs

My Kings got refunded

Rumors heavy on russ to ny if he’s up for it. Could be interesting if they keep Mitch, RJ, their draft pick, Randle and sign some defensive minded guys like MKG

I don't get Kawhi tbh... I realize he used to play with solid pg, like Parker or Lowry, but can't see him do well with RW...
I think that Beverly and Lu Will solid enough and overall, Clips hit the panic button wat too early...

I don't get Kawhi tbh... I realize he used to play with solid pg, like Parker or Lowry, but can't see him do well with RW...
I think that Beverly and Lu Will solid enough and overall, Clips hit the panic button wat too early...
Panic reaction to lakers winning the title, doc leaving, Harrell prob leaving, feel like they gotta make a big move. Not to mention supposedly after their playoff loss PG tried giving a speech about next season and a lot of the clippers players were eye rolling and tuning him out

Hearing it's a strong possibility that Jimmy Harden is heading to the Nets, smh. Flat Earth, KD and this dude, what ?

Strip clubs in Brooklyn suck.

Hearing it's a strong possibility that Jimmy Harden is heading to the Nets, smh. Flat Earth, KD and this dude, what ?

This might be the funniest team of all time, if this happens.

Zero chance those 3 can co exist. I hope he does go there bc it’ll be an even bigger shit show than just KD and kyrie. Jimmy dominates the ball, so does Kyrie, and you know kd will want his touches. Don’t see how this fits better than just harden and Russ when they didn’t like playing together

I dont see the argument tho that there isnt enough ball for them

You stagger the lineup so at least 2 are out there at all times, have 3 out there likely only for opening 6-8 minutes of each half and then crunch time

Harden and Durant are great passers too which most super teams lack, all need to win too, so I dont think theres a buyin issue, harden in general, kd and kyrie to prove they weren't carried by steph and lebron

I dont see the argument tho that there isnt enough ball for them

You stagger the lineup so at least 2 are out there at all times, have 3 out there likely only for opening 6-8 minutes of each half and then crunch time

Harden and Durant are great passers too which most super teams lack, all need to win too, so I dont think theres a buyin issue, harden in general, kd and kyrie to prove they weren't carried by steph and lebron

All year it’s been said nets have to most likely move levert and dinwiddie, or at least one, as both are bad fits w KD and Kyrie. Don’t see how harden helps this problem. He’s even more ball dominant than either of them, and he pouted when Russ took over in games. None of them will be ok sitting or not having playing normal minutes

Not sure it's a good move for the Lakers... Hope they plan to flip him...

I like Schroeder. Rondo will leave and lakers need another guy to take some pressure off lbj and AD and let them feel comfortable sitting some. It’s clear Kuzma isn’t that guy nor does he exist on their roster

with houston finding trade partners for a Westbrook deal difficult bc of his contract, and Russ and Harden not wanting to play together their only option may be to trade James. Honestly, if I’m houston I trade both. You’re not winning a title with them so might as well start over. I’m sure they could get a few good young players and a bunch of draft picks as capital.

Back