• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

National Championship Discussion : #1 Alabama vs #11 Ohio State

Hmm.....

Gut feel?
I still say he doesn't play, or if he does, it's more as a distraction than anything, similar to when Hollywood Brown played against us in the CFP in 2018. But like I said earlier, I know it sounds hokey, but this team is really unified and I could see Waddle risking further injury for this game. If he does play, I really really hope he is as healed as you can be. No championship is worth him losing the future he has for himself and his family

With two starters on defense out for bucks, looks like covid has made the decision on who wins.

Alabama fans shouldn't be so quick to want to play a backup QB from Ohio St. Just sayin'
Question.

Since the spring, how has the Covid situation been at Bama overall among the team. Other than Nicky having it twice (yes, I typed that on purpose)... It seems like you rarely heard about it down there.

Question.

Since the spring, how has the Covid situation been at Bama overall among the team. Other than Nicky having it twice (yes, I typed that on purpose)... It seems like you rarely heard about it down there.

Herd immunity!

Question.

Saban runs a tight ship.

I know.

Now, in this instance, which type of 'tight' we talking?

I don't want to goof up the thread...this was merely a discussion earlier elsewhere and got me wondering is all.
I live in the state and don't recall anything significant, or anything at all really. Flu season doesn't kick on until next month.

Question.

Alabama has been doing daily testing since the season started, so that helped mitigate any contact tracing issues. They've also been using the same tracking system that the NBA used during their bubble season. Plus, most of the team had it in the late summer. They were able to keep it under wraps because of no media at all in the football complex, etc. I believe the policy was that after a confirmed case was resolved, there was no need to test for 6 months. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not, but once in season, I think the team has done a good job of holding each other accountable and taking it very seriously as far as following the protocols to keep the season going. Maybe some students on the ground there can tell a different story, but that's just what I've gathered from talking to people. Despite what folks in other parts of the country may believe, most people down here have taken this situation pretty seriously. Obviously there are some weather and density issues that help in Alabama compared to Ohio as well

The efficiency stats throwing at some of these Bama guys are hilarious.

Dylan Moses giving up 66% completions at 10.9 per catch.
Christian Harris is 73% at 14.9
Daniel Wright is 73% at 15.1
Hellams is 71% at 15.9

If Saban doesn't shadow Wilson and Olave with Surtain and Jobe then these four kids are going to be HUNTED all game long.

Amazing that the Big Ten is testing at a higher cycle than the CDC recommends. It's like they didn't want a season.....embarrassing.

The number of testing "cycles" that the BIG is utilizing? 40...in layman's terms that means the number of times they are amplifying the sample.......that means they are picking up even very very minute portions of any genetic matter present to trigger a positive test....

the number of testing "cycles" that the SEC is utilizing? 35-37....which means they aren't picking up those very very minute traces on their positive tests.....

you would think the difference between 35 cycles and 40 cycles wouldn't be a big deal....right? Wrong.....its maybe 80-90% less positive tests....

Interesting take I heard from Josh Perry of B1G Network and former OSU player, is that OSU only playing 7 games, and only 2 of them meaningful (his words not mine), is that they don't have the experiences that they would normally have during a season. Namely, playing a tight game against a worthy opponent. He said that not only does that affect the players, but also the coaches. I think the benefit of only playing 7 games to this point are obvious, but there are definite negatives to that as well. Such a fascinating game to analyze. I think I may just stick to Alabama 1H and just enjoy or bet live

Alabama coach Nick Saban said Thursday that wide receiver Jaylen Waddle will be a “game day decision” for Monday’s national championship game against Ohio State.

“He’s been able to practice some,” Saban said. “Status for the game is still relatively up in the air.”

Waddle returned to practice Tuesday after missing more than two months with an ankle injury. Teammates on Wednesday said Waddle “looked good” on the field his first day back.

“I don’t have any crystal ball to know,” Saban said Thursday of Waddle’s status. “The issue with injuries is when a guy does practice, how does he respond to the workload? Sometimes if a guy practices one day and gets sore the next, you can’t practice him the next day, so you just keep trying to build up his workload to where he might be able to play.

“So that’s a work in progress right now. So you really can’t predict where he might be. Other guys seem to get stronger as everyday they practice, they get a little bit better. So this is something that we’re trying to evaluate but not anything we can make any kind of prediction on at this point.”

I think Bama plays a stubborn style of defense that Ohio State is going to exploit for points.

But at the same time, the OSU back 7 is pretty bad for their standards. Hard not to see them gettig torched.

Amazing that the Big Ten is testing at a higher cycle than the CDC recommends. It's like they didn't want a season.....embarrassing.

The number of testing "cycles" that the BIG is utilizing? 40...in layman's terms that means the number of times they are amplifying the sample.......that means they are picking up even very very minute portions of any genetic matter present to trigger a positive test....

the number of testing "cycles" that the SEC is utilizing? 35-37....which means they aren't picking up those very very minute traces on their positive tests.....

you would think the difference between 35 cycles and 40 cycles wouldn't be a big deal....right? Wrong.....its maybe 80-90% less positive tests....
this was actually explained in an article concerning false positives, I'm sure it's been taken down.

Yeah, if you like the over but are hesitant about that 75' for both, it seems the logical alternative.

I'm seeing some -9 now, kind of makes me think there's something to the COVID rumors. Otherwise, can't see how anyone bets Alabama at more than a TD

9.5 with my local now

I have tOSU+18.5 left in a 10 pt teaser for a dime - might play Bama now and go for a middle

Any offensive starters rumored to be out? I'm not sure OSU being a little short-handed on defense changes the way I view this game

Any offensive starters rumored to be out? I'm not sure OSU being a little short-handed on defense changes the way I view this game

I think when all is said and done, we are going to see a handful of players out, but nothing significant due to Covid.

I’m in Ohio, and typically the chatter has been fairly accurate the last day or so leading up to the game. Obviously this game has been extremely hush, but there hasn’t been anything substantiated to note yet.

I took both team overs to start and hold a position live...najee rushing yards over....mostly small shit for fun. What you got?

agreed on the team total overs, but I don’t want to get too cute. I would hate to split those and see the game over hit and not be on it. Whole world is anticipating a shootout I feel like, so that seems too easy. Some value on the OSU ML. good luck!

Back