• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

National Championship Discussion : #1 Alabama vs #11 Ohio State

And since you're so confident, let me know if you'd like to make a straight up bet on the winner of the game. I've got the Tide.

my only hesitation is the vast amount of emotional energy that ohio state put into clemson for the last 365 days. but in my opinion this game is a coin flip. and coin flips dont spell tons of confidence on either side. i was justc urious why you think the future second qb taken in the draft is a fraud. and was also curious why you cant see him throw guys open like i do, and how you are unable to see him toss beebees into guys with dbs draped on them. you are obviously living in a different dimension than i am, and thats ok!! your players are still good too dont worry

my only hesitation is the vast amount of emotional energy that ohio state put into clemson for the last 365 days. but in my opinion this game is a coin flip. and coin flips dont spell tons of confidence on either side. i was justc urious why you think the future second qb taken in the draft is a fraud. and was also curious why you cant see him throw guys open like i do, and how you are unable to see him toss beebees into guys with dbs draped on them. you are obviously living in a different dimension than i am, and thats ok!! your players are still good too dont worry
I don't remember ever calling Fields a fraud? I just thought some things went Ohio State's way that won't go their way vs Alabama.

I don't remember ever calling Fields a fraud? I just thought some things went Ohio State's way that won't go their way vs Alabama.
perhaps it was a different poster. i think it will be a great game. talent wise these teams are the top 2 teams in the world. satan is a proven coach. Sark , with a daddy next to him is also a proven commodity also calling plays. i expect a lot of points and i think ohio state can run on bama which will/should make this an interesting matchup. and ill stick to it..no way in hell are these teams are separated by 7.5 points. 3 maybe but not 7.5. Bama may very well win and wion big, but if i play this game no way in hell do i lay the points. 1H bama has been at play all year but also be aware that Day is one of the best in the biz at scripting an initial gamplan and getting up early.

Last edited:
Trader I responded to your post in the Clemson crushes Ohio st thread even though I asked everyone to post in my other thread I was wrong. I just didn’t want you to miss my response to your post.

perhaps it was a different poster. i think it will be a great game. talent wise these teams are the top 2 teams in the world. satan is a proven coach. Sark , with a daddy next to him is also a proven commodity also calling plays. i expect a lot of points and i think ohio state can run on bama which will/should make this an interesting matchup. and ill stick to it..no way in hell are these teams are separated by 7.5 points. 3 maybe but not 7.5. Bama may very well win and wion big, but if i play this game no way in hell do i lay the points. 1H bama has been at play all year but also be aware that Day is one of the best in the biz at scripting an initial gamplan and getting up early.

I was saying I’m not a fan of Fields at the next level. Especially after his 3 previous games. Congrats on the big win. Fields looked great vs. that confused Clemson D. You were certainly vindicated this year!

Quick derail...hearing that Bryce Young follows Sarkisian to Austin maybe. Just rumors at best?
I highly doubt it. Only way Bryce is leaving is if Mac is staying IMO. Bryce is pretty much the only legitimate option we have for next year. Even though it will be somewhat of a rebuild, I can't imagine he'd want to leave a situation like that

I highly doubt it. Only way Bryce is leaving is if Mac is staying IMO. Bryce is pretty much the only legitimate option we have for next year. Even though it will be somewhat of a rebuild, I can't imagine he'd want to leave a situation like that

Thanks. Yes, was under the (very unlikely) assumption that Jones stays.

Had not heard this floated but have found myself listening a lot to Lance Taylor on Birmingham radio and was mentioned this AM.

Now, the way Ohio State looked tonight...it's going to be very difficult for them to duplicate that performance. Now is not the time to be buying Ohio State if you are a buy low type guy.

1. Was Ohio State so geeked up to beat CLEMSON that they blew their wad and will have a monumental letdown?

Or

2. Will they do what every other really good offense does against Alabama late in the season, i.e., COVER THE SPREAD?

And, if so

3. Will they do what half of those teams do (despite getting an average of 9 points) i.e., win STRAIGHT UP?

101 points vs. Ole Miss
98 points vs. UF

76 seems awfully low

Except those teams aren‘t remotely comparable to OSU defensively + Alabama D is a lot different than it was at the beginning of the season.

Bamas D has come miles from that game. Ohio St caught a number of breaks v Clemson. They certainly outplayed them, but so much went their way as well as all the revenge stuff. Alabama is too well coached. Give me Bama -7 all damn day yo... mac muthafuckin dre! (hoping someone gets this reference).
Bama defense NEVER catches up to good offenses. Well, maybe it has THIS time, but we have 10+ years of Saban defenses getting torched by (or at least not covering against) good offenses at this time of the year.

Bama defense NEVER catches up to good offenses. Well, maybe it has THIS time, but we have 10+ years of Saban defenses getting torched by (or at least not covering against) good offenses at this time of the year.
Yup

Alabama scored 52 against Florida and 63 against Ole Miss and never came close to covering either game. Saban runs a basic bitch defense and teams with enough talent to hang with their players are simply out scheming him. The fact he doesn't move his CB is unfathomably frustrating. Surtain played 1 snap at right corner last week and it was the first snap that wasn't at left corner in 8 weeks! Same with Jobe. He doesn't put his best players on the other teams' best players and then gets mad about it.

Another problem is Alabama is top heavy on D. Surtain is a great player and Jobe is pretty good too but the coverage falls off a cliff after that. It's the worst group of LB they've ever had and Barmore and Anderson are the only good players on the DL.

Florida saw they don't move their CB and said that's great we just won't throw at them, and instead they lined up Toney and Pitts on LB and S who can't cover and had a field day. Same with Kiffin. He lined up Moore in the slot and their TE had 200 yards.

Ohio State plays Garrett Wilson in the slot and moves Olave all over the field. If Saban doesn't shadow them with his best players then OSU is going to score a bunch.

Alabama scored 52 against Florida and 63 against Ole Miss and never came close to covering either game. Saban runs a basic bitch defense and teams with enough talent to hang with their players are simply out scheming him. The fact he doesn't move his CB is unfathomably frustrating. Surtain played 1 snap at right corner last week and it was the first snap that wasn't at left corner in 8 weeks! Same with Jobe. He doesn't put his best players on the other teams' best players and then gets mad about it.

Another problem is Alabama is top heavy on D. Surtain is a great player and Jobe is pretty good too but the coverage falls off a cliff after that. It's the worst group of LB they've ever had and Barmore and Anderson are the only good players on the DL.

Florida saw they don't move their CB and said that's great we just won't throw at them, and instead they lined up Toney and Pitts on LB and S who can't cover and had a field day. Same with Kiffin. He lined up Moore in the slot and their TE had 200 yards.

Ohio State plays Garrett Wilson in the slot and moves Olave all over the field. If Saban doesn't shadow them with his best players then OSU is going to score a bunch.
I’ll never get teams who have stationary corners and stationary receivers to one side. Learning from watching fantasy football WRs, my bitch would always be dumb coaches leaving their stud WRs outside to matchup with elite corners. All they had to do was move them into the slot or if the D plays sides with their corners, make your 2nd best WR the sacrificial lamb. What Andy Reid dies with Tyreek Hill isn’t brilliant, it’s what you should do. Move the guy around. Just blows my mind sometimes how stupid these guys are.

Surtain and Jobe allowed 42% and 45% of targets to be caught this year. They were 1st and 5th in the entire freaking country in yards per coverage snap allowed.

And he won't fucking move them!!!

You think Ryan Day and this OSU staff aren't gonna come up with a gameplan to just you know...move their best players away from those two guys?

I’ll never get teams who have stationary corners and stationary receivers to one side. Learning from watching fantasy football WRs, my bitch would always be dumb coaches leaving their stud WRs outside to matchup with elite corners. All they had to do was move them into the slot or if the D plays sides with their corners, make your 2nd best WR the sacrificial lamb. What Andy Reid dies with Tyreek Hill isn’t brilliant, it’s what you should do. Move the guy around. Just blows my mind sometimes how stupid these guys are.
I don't get it either. And Saban has been burned big time by this in recent years as smart teams have figured him out. He'll bitch afterwards that "we couldn't cover anyone". Yeah no shit, when you park your best players on an island and the opposing offenses just put their best guys on your worst guys.

Decent way to look at it. Good post

Where does he post?

place was poppin when he did CFB movements..

“Nah that wasn’t Billy....Pokers”
Just twitter ...

he's been moving around vegas books working as a linesmaker the last 3 years or so since moving back to US

I'm wondering if an OSU points or moneyline play doesn't correlate well with the under.

I kinda liked what ND did last week in slowing things down and disrupting the flow of Bama's offense. Granted, ND's only objective in that game was to cover the spread but hey, it was effective.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if an OSU points or moneyline play doesn't correlate well with the under for some parlay action.

I kinda liked what ND did last week in slowing things down and disrupting the flow of Bama's offense. Granted, ND's only objective in that game was to cover the spread but hey, it was effective.
(Not an argument)

..or, did Bama take their foot off the gas because they knew it was in the Bag? Obviously, it was Bama's objective to simply win and move on.

Just how I viewed it,

(Not an argument)

..or, did Bama take their foot off the gas because they knew it was in the Bag? Obviously, it was Bama's objective to simply win and move on.

Just how I viewed it,
Yes of course. I think we all knew that Bama was going to be disinterested in the 2nd half.

But I don't think Bama willingly let ND hold the ball for 8 min in that first half drive which resulted in a td.

If Bama had their preference it would've been 35-3 first half but ND kept that from happening. Sark's weirdo play calling at the end of half also contributed. But getting thrown off rhythm could've impacted his play calling.

The offensive play-calling against Notre Dame was the most vanilla I've seen in 2 years. And it got even more vanilla after that last drive at the end of the 1st half. Sark does some curious things, especially at the end of halves. The play that killed a drive against LSU last year cost us the game most likely, since we ended up giving up 14 more points when we should have at least gotten ourselves into FG position, but what's past is past

I'm wondering if an OSU points or moneyline play doesn't correlate well with the under.

I can't make myself bet an under, either in an Alabama game or a national championship. There's very little give up in these games, so the back door is always wide open. And in this matchup in particular, seeing both teams in the 40s seems not only possible but probable

I think the biggest concern for Alabama is the interior OL without Dickerson. Owens and Brown struggled a little bit against ND, so OSU's DL could present some problems. If Alabama can block, I don't see the offense having much trouble. On defense, we're going to give up yards no question. If Fields' injury limits his ability to run, I think it works in our favor as far as getting off the field when the opportunity arises. I expect a close game and wouldn't be surprised if either team wins. I'm sure those close to the Ohio St program feel the same way, but I don't think this Alabama team gets denied. Most cohesive team I've seen here since the early part of Saban's run

I can't make myself bet an under, either in an Alabama game or a national championship. There's very little give up in these games, so the back door is always wide open. And in this matchup in particular, seeing both teams in the 40s seems not only possible but probable
I certainly wouldn't bet the under with a bama ticket.

News now reporting that Waddle is expected back at practice tomorrow. Still no idea if he'll be even remotely able to contribute, but it appears it is a possibility
Not sure if it's just message board lunacy, but there seems to be increased optimism that Waddle can play and contribute. I'm still very skeptical. Even if he could, I'm not sure it's worth it, but not my decision

I certainly wouldn't bet the under with a bama ticket.
If anyone wants to bet the under, I think you have to expect a blowout in either direction, where one team starts burning clock. If it stays a 10 point or less game throughout, I think we cruise past the over. I can't see a 31-24 type final here

Anything to the rumors that Ohio St has significant Covid issues? Or is Fields hurt more than they want to let on?

Anything to the rumors that Ohio St has significant Covid issues? Or is Fields hurt more than they want to let on?

If Fields survived that missile of a shot without being hurt / having ramifications his ribs must be made of titanium.

I'm guessing he wears some sort of a flack jacket, but still.

Not major news....just some Saban's comments from a new post on ESPN.

Alabama coach Nick Saban told ESPN that junior receiver Jaylen Waddle has been cleared to practice this week and has a chance to play Monday against Ohio State in the College Football Playoff national championship game.

"He's been running, but we need to see him in practice," Saban said. "Our medical people will evaluate him as the week goes on and make a decision from there. He wants to play and has been working hard to get back."

Waddle has not played since fracturing his right ankle on the opening kickoff against Tennessee on Oct. 24. Getting him back would be huge for an already explosive Alabama offense that ranks second nationally in scoring (48.2 points per game). The Crimson Tide are tied for fourth nationally with 16 passing plays of 40 yards or longer and rank first nationally with seven passing plays of 60 yards or longer.

Back