• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Monday Discussion Thread

Bard has to be losing that closer job soon

leans

May 3houser
HENDRICKS
sanchezAA
civale
glasnow
matz

this price on Hendricks is obscene, though he clearly can't get the Braves out or they have a tell on him

As I guessed, they probably should have sat Springer today but he was removed because he said his legs felt tired and the Jays took caution.

Would check his status for tomorrow, it makes everyone's life around him in the batting order easier.

As I guessed, they probably should have sat Springer today but he was removed because he said his legs felt tired and the Jays took caution.

Would check his status for tomorrow, it makes everyone's life around him in the batting order easier.
Do like the Jays to win w a bounce back effort from Matz. Springer prob plays but might DH him let him rest his legs a bit

I’m surprised LAD not -400
just so hard to back the doyers when you can only rely on Mookie and Corey after that no one scares me in the line up. Pollack and Beaty had like 15 of the RBIs combined and most of them were when it was out of hand anyways...Walker showed he can be hit his last start at home. Mind you Hendricks hasn't shown shit either, classic stay away for me with a slight lean to Cubbies at anything +170 and above

Montas has been lost since that steroid suspension, still has the stuff but control hasn't been there and at this level it doesn't matter if you throw 95+ when it finds the barrel.

Matz still tough to trust along with the lineup, even with Teoscar adding that needed big power threat, just see them as an all-or-nothing group so they'll look good when things are good or really bad when things are bad. Now have to hit in a MLB park, albeit a big one. Not a great thing at nearly 50% odds and with a bullpen that still is a concern for me. Romano seems like a 3rd choice closer and without Merryweather they're down so many arms

Lynch with a fair amount of hype and respect in this line, too.

CLE comes off a good series @CHW, but should have entire bullpen available after Civale goes 6 and gives up 2 or 3. Not sure the KC lineup is as strong as it has looked this season, name value is there but Benintendi got dealt for a reason + Taylor never made it + Soler can't make contact. Santana has looked good, but Perez being the best hitter not going for singles like Merrifield leaves plenty to be desired. Dozier also hasn't become the guy we thought after he had a hot end of 2019

KC bullpen can get outs, Holland to Staumont with Barlow doesn't look too bad. Major downgrade vs CLE and even the best young studs are impossible for me to back in their debut. Haven't seen a + on CLE yet and not sure we will

Not sure Harper will be in the lineup after potentially injuring himself in his return yesterday on SNB, that'll move the line to MIL favorred i suspect. Houser not being able to get through the Pirates at home a few weeks ago makes me too concerned to bet them, even though any bet on MIL is a bet on a bullpen. That bullpen should be available, but lineup is trash and at this point so is Houser

Velasquez also trash, Neris not available last night but i think will be tonight? Not sure as he didn't work that hard only throwing 12 or less pitches albeit 3 appearances in 4 days. Without Neris that bullpen imploded last night, sorry if you had PHI ML, Alvarado who can be wild looks about alone back there unless we trust Brodgon and i don't know him much

homer

Quintana in for Ohtani?
sometimes I feel like one, but I faded them yesterday and lost so I like to think i'm a little different than tipy

Ya price is gone and Pinnacle for me is action, I should have just played it tbh oh well. In game it is

I have played Cle, Tor, Minny over..Will see if I can get no runs in the first inning and see if I can get a slightly better price live on TB

Montas has been lost since that steroid suspension, still has the stuff but control hasn't been there and at this level it doesn't matter if you throw 95+ when it finds the barrel.

Matz still tough to trust along with the lineup, even with Teoscar adding that needed big power threat, just see them as an all-or-nothing group so they'll look good when things are good or really bad when things are bad. Now have to hit in a MLB park, albeit a big one. Not a great thing at nearly 50% odds and with a bullpen that still is a concern for me. Romano seems like a 3rd choice closer and without Merryweather they're down so many arms
our BP has been fire with all things considered. Borucki from the left side is slick and ppl sleep on him IMO.

the hitting is getting better, but you're right they are swinging for fences more than anything else but they've slowly turned that corner. Springer makes a huge difference as I mentioned before since it allows guys like vladdy and teo move one more slot down..can't believe randall is relevant, might make it easier to trade Lourdes for an arm this year.

this price on Hendricks is obscene, though he clearly can't get the Braves out or they have a tell on him

has he been able to get anyone out other than milw suspect lineup this year? That would be my concern as I don’t think it just been Braves, the pirates knocked him around at beginning of year also. I guess those the only 3 teams he has faced, pitching great against Brewers twice, getting smashed by atl twice, then only going 3 at beginning season against pirates. I kinda hope he keeps getting knocked around so we can get a nice plus number on him when he sees the cards and inevitably shuts them down! Lol

has he been able to get anyone out other than milw suspect lineup this year? That would be my concern as I don’t think it just been Braves, the pirates knocked him around at beginning of year also. I guess those the only 3 teams he has faced, pitching great against Brewers twice, getting smashed by atl twice, then only going 3 at beginning season against pirates. I kinda hope he keeps getting knocked around so we can get a nice plus number on him when he sees the cards and inevitably shuts them down! Lol

he's been about as good as anybody, so now we just expect him to get blasted by everybody?

our BP has been fire with all things considered. Borucki from the left side is slick and ppl sleep on him IMO.

the hitting is getting better, but you're right they are swinging for fences more than anything else but they've slowly turned that corner. Springer makes a huge difference as I mentioned before since it allows guys like vladdy and teo move one more slot down..can't believe randall is relevant, might make it easier to trade Lourdes for an arm this year.

of course grichuk been great, happens to every outfielder cards trade away!

he's been about as good as anybody, so now we just expect him to get blasted by everybody?

i dunno that I expect it, it just been what has happened facing the teams not named Brewers, of course as I said it only been 2 teams. I didn’t have time to really look into the games tonight so I don’t have any great guess on what I expect out of him tonight. Outside the other day not like Dodgers are really hitting.

Certainly understand the appeal of backing him at that price, or maybe a under, it does look like there some storms moving into Chicago tho so I’d be aware of that. Not sure what time they gonna hit? Might get a pitcher friendly strike zone if Ump trying to get game in?

i'm not in a rush to fade the Dodgers because of the bullpen, nor Buehler, so i can skip this one and see if he regains his ability to paint corners

i'm not in a rush to fade the Dodgers because of the bullpen, nor Buehler, so i can skip this one and see if he regains his ability to paint corners

he could get blasted his next several amd id still take him to shut cardinals down. I don’t recall us ever being able to hit him.

One the most effortless complete games I ever saw was Hendricks running thru cards in like 90 pitches!!

thought y'all were trading Biggio?
can see that happening too with some of the kids we have waiting in the minors which could challenge him for a spot. I'm more interested to see if Groshans pans out and Bo is willing to go to the 2 bag

Back