• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB opening days plays.......

Kmacc

Air Raid Returns!
Finally get to contribute a little knowledge to this forum as I feel like baseball is my best sport. Nice fresh start and will be keeping accurate track of my progress for all to see. So lets have a profitable season, by the way I have found a solid local and he uses CRIS/10 cent lines and all totals have -20 no matter which way, so looking for a very solid season.....

Mets +140 (3 units) Glavine vs Carpenter
Glavine has been sharp this spring and the Cards offense has been very inconsistent once again. It's tough not to like Carp in this spot but I think the Mets w/ their solid left handed sticks can scratch across a couple and stake Tommy to an early lead. Lets hope Pujols doesn't burn me again......and Glavine continues his success at Busch.

This is the only play I have locked in so far as I am still wading through Monday's action but do like a couple so far.......

Mariners -115 Haren vs The King
Nats +115 D-train vs Patterson
Chi/Cin hova 9 .......one of these teams will explode in this bandbox Reds ovas:spank:
Bal/Min over 7.5 I think one if not both of these starters won't be sharp and don't have the cojones to lay it or take it against Johan
D-Rays/ Yanks Under 10 Kazmir will be able to keep em in it but for how long
KC +155 Bloody sock vs Meche nice price considering Schill's struggles in KC

Excellent way to start off the season 1-0 +4.2 units

Today's card looks like it has potential

The KING -115 (4 units) +4.00
He has been on my radar for what feels like 4 or 5 years now and I finally feel like this is the year he puts it all together. The guy is only about to turn 21 years old but has rapidly become the ace of this M's staff. The Mariners preserved his arm last year keeping him under 200 innnings, and he has come into this season with a renewed work ethic having dropped 20 lbs. Felix was 0-2 w/ an era near 6 in 2 starts against the A's last year and this should be added motivation on opening day. My only concern is if he comes in too juiced up and lets it get away from him early. Haren on the other hand has been lights out against the M's in the past posting a 5-0 record w/ a 2.95 era but its time for a changing of the guard. I like the additions the Mariners made in Guillen and Vidro but did lose one of the best arms in the game in front of JJ Putz in Rafael Soriano, only to replace him w/ a couple rooks so we will see how that plays out this season. But as for tomorrow its all about the King:smiley_acbe:

Cubs/Reds over 9 (2 units) -2.2
I am pretty sure Zambrano will come out fired up for this one and he definately provides an extra stick in the lineup. Remember Bronson went yard off the Cubs Glendon Rusch twice last year so Carlos may be due for one of his own. Harrang has not had a stellar spring and the Cubs have a lot of right handed sticks which should help him. Both teams bullpens are always a questionmark and it appears to be about 70 degrees or so tomorrow around these parts so the ball should be flying. This park won't hold a few of em tomorrow.........I will root for the Reds and bet on the OVER!

Brewers -120 (1 unit) +1.00
KC/Boston over 9.5 (1 unit) -1.2
Texas +140 (1 unit)

a couple more may be in store see what the morning brings GL w/ your bases everybody!

Last edited:
i have a feeling KC wins outright as well. i remember BoSox struggling in KC last year.

KMACC - The Cubs bullpen COULD be pretty good this season IF Dempster can settle in that closer's role. Erye and Howry are nice setup men, and Dempster, who has had some rough stretches as a closer, is apparently in great shape and Sweet Lou has been raving about him all spring. Again, it does open the season as a question mark, but I think this could end up being at least a solid pen.

I agree spider Eyre and Howry are a good combination to have at the back of that pen but hasn't Dempster been trying to settle into that closers role for like 3 years now. Some guys just aren't cut out pitch when the game is on the line and I think its more of a mental issue with him than anything physical. He will still be a questionmark until he proves to me that he is consistent enough to get the job done day in and day out.

GL today!

I am rooting for your Cubs/Reds over, hopefully its cause the Cubs came out swinging.

Adding 1 more play for the night session:

Texas/LA over 8 -120 (3 units):drink:

Last edited:
Back