• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Off-season...

Dodgers move to -238 and Padres to +175.

It is too much of a move imo. I'm going try and understand SOS early for these 2. I want to bet Padres now and Dodgers most likely later in a smart money move type hedge.

If not for Mookie I would not be on blue. Bellinger is weird. I dont like him. Team makeup will be different, I like Padre vibe in that regard

10 days until pitchers/catcher report!

halos don't have much pitching, or much depth. would need way more value to touch them, as it would take a whole lot to go right (and wrong for others) for them to squeak into a wild card spot. they're better than texas though...

Dodger fan here....

Not a big fan of the Bauer signing for that amount of money; I do not blame baseball fans for calling for some type of salary cap since the luxury tax does not seem to be a hindrance for spending. In the Dodgers case, the Bauer signing will not hurt them long-term since it is essentially a 2-year deal. Fact is, the Dodger front office is very calculating and with ownership approval, they have decided to absorb the luxury tax for the next 2 years and make a serious run at 2 more WS with this particular group, They only have 1 player signed beyond 2022 in Mookie Betts. After the 2022 season they could theoretically completely re-tool their team if they so desired.

As it stands now, they have 4 studs in Seager, Bellinger, Betts and Smith. Starting pitching includes Bauer, Kershaw, Price, Buehler, Urias and May. Also a top notch bullpen with a questionable closer at the moment.

Personally, I love Corey Seager and Mookie Betts but think Cody Bellinger is kind of a weirdo and selfish player. Also think after chasing a WS for so long and finally attaining one, they will hit a flat spot early on. I have told a lot of my local Padre fan/friends that i would expect the Padres to be in 1st place come May 15th (or so). We will see after that. Padres have obviously improved, but their outfield is subpar for being such a contender. I'm not sure Grisham or Pham would even make the Dodger roster.

Will be a fun baseball year in So Cal regardless.

Dodger fan here....

Not a big fan of the Bauer signing for that amount of money; I do not blame baseball fans for calling for some type of salary cap since the luxury tax does not seem to be a hindrance for spending. In the Dodgers case, the Bauer signing will not hurt them long-term since it is essentially a 2-year deal. Fact is, the Dodger front office is very calculating and with ownership approval, they have decided to absorb the luxury tax for the next 2 years and make a serious run at 2 more WS with this particular group, They only have 1 player signed beyond 2022 in Mookie Betts. After the 2022 season they could theoretically completely re-tool their team if they so desired.

As it stands now, they have 4 studs in Seager, Bellinger, Betts and Smith. Starting pitching includes Bauer, Kershaw, Price, Buehler, Urias and May. Also a top notch bullpen with a questionable closer at the moment.

Personally, I love Corey Seager and Mookie Betts but think Cody Bellinger is kind of a weirdo and selfish player. Also think after chasing a WS for so long and finally attaining one, they will hit a flat spot early on. I have told a lot of my local Padre fan/friends that i would expect the Padres to be in 1st place come May 15th (or so). We will see after that. Padres have obviously improved, but their outfield is subpar for being such a contender. I'm not sure Grisham or Pham would even make the Dodger roster.

Will be a fun baseball year in So Cal regardless.

Seager, Mookie and Smith are great.

David Price is a total loser, but the other 5 are quite the staff.

Jansen will be an even bigger heart attack this year. Bullpens like Tampa are what it's all about.

It makes sense Bauer went to LA. That's his hood. Thing about Bauer is his personality. I like his personality, he brings heat to everything, but not everyone does. Does he become like immediate "leader" of his new team? Are they all going to be bffs? I think that is weird. He is certain to get under the skin of some teammates no matter what. He is good but I'd rather my stud pitcher keep his mouth shut. These 2 NL west teams have gigantic egos.

Seager, Mookie and Smith are great.

David Price is a total loser, but the other 5 are quite the staff.

Jansen will be an even bigger heart attack this year. Bullpens like Tampa are what it's all about.

Agree with all of this except I know very little about Price since he came from the AL and sat out his one year in LA (which i suppose does tell us something)

It makes sense Bauer went to LA. That's his hood. Thing about Bauer is his personality. I like his personality, he brings heat to everything, but not everyone does. Does he become like immediate "leader" of his new team? Are they all going to be bffs? I think that is weird. He is certain to get under the skin of some teammates no matter what. He is good but I'd rather my stud pitcher keep his mouth shut. These 2 NL west teams have gigantic egos.

Turner is the leader of the team when he comes back, being pretty hopeful he returns. I understand Bauer is a fiery personality and could get under other players' skin but in Roberts i trust in managing a clubhouse with many large egos. You are definitely spot on when you say both the Doyers and Padres contain many big egos within their respective clubhouses.

Agree with all of this except I know very little about Price since he came from the AL and sat out his one year in LA (which i suppose does tell us something)
David Price creates drama. He wronged Eckersley in Boston. He literally creates pressure everywhere; on the mound., in the clubhouse, in his kitchen. His performance is always fleeting. I wouldnt be surprised if Bauer and Price hate each other before spring training ends.

Turner is the leader of the team when he comes back, being pretty hopeful he returns. I understand Bauer is a fiery personality and could get under other players' skin but in Roberts i trust in managing a clubhouse with many large egos. You are definitely spot on when you say both the Doyers and Padres contain many big egos within their respective clubhouses.

I was thinking Turner was gone, and that this would create leadership vacuum. If he returns that is good for chemistry. I need to keep my eye on it.

David Price creates drama. He wronged Eckersley in Boston. He literally creates pressure everywhere; on the mound., in the clubhouse, in his kitchen. His performance is always fleeting. I wouldnt be surprised if Bauer and Price hate each other before spring training ends.

I remember thinking what a little weasel that guy was when he wronged Eck...completely forgot that it was Price. So Price will be the diva, primadonna while Bauer will be no nonesense and intense...what could go wrong, haha?

Turner has to go back to LA now, right? I mean they are already over the Luxury Tax.

Turner has to go back to LA now, right? I mean they are already over the Luxury Tax.

Unless there is some underlying animosity between Turner (and agent) and the Dodger front office...I think this should get done. I suppose there is not any real hurry at this stage.

NL East
Braves +130
Mets +150
Nats +525

NL Central
Cardinals +120
Reds +295

NL West
Dodgers -270
Padres +190

AL East
Yankees-189
Blue Jays +360
Rays +370

AL Central
White Sox -143
Twins +170

AL West
Athletics +120
Astros +145

Nats at +520 is intriguing. They are kind of the forgotten team in that division and were awful last year. But Stras being back. Add Hand, Bell, Schwarber, and Lester for the back end of the rotation.

Yes the division is a bear but the Mets and Braves still have a few warts. Definitely not the worst play in the world at 5-1.

Nats at +520 is intriguing. They are kind of the forgotten team in that division and were awful last year. But Stras being back. Add Hand, Bell, Schwarber, and Lester for the back end of the rotation.

Yes the division is a bear but the Mets and Braves still have a few warts. Definitely not the worst play in the world at 5-1.
I agree, particularly after reading Mark Bradley at AJC feeling that Ozuna signing makes Braves some great team.

I also like the Ray's a bit for similar makeup/expectations.

I feel like I should get down on Twins as there should be opportunity for a hedge. Baldelli over Larussa.

Last edited:
i didn't know that bauer was worth 8 times more than buehler. the money allocation rationale is almost like a drug addict executing hedge fund trades. buehler's agent should also be fired. how do you watch bauer get 33 mil a year and then you sign that piece of shit contract?

I was thinking on Andrus/Simien tradeout. I'm really feeling the As. It would be great to have a big bet on a team I want to pull for and watch anyway.

Elvis is always positive. Simien is always streaky. Let's go

Turner as expected resigned with the Dodgers leaving the Brewers infield and really entire lineup looking embarrassingly bad. Never thought I would see the day where the Brewers have a good pitching staff and terrible lineup but that day has arrived.

Look for the Doyers to slowly migrate to Graterol as their closer this year...both he and Jansen will get opportunities imo and Roberts will go with the hot hand
That can get dangerous though. Much bigger fan of guys knowing their roles.

Watched a lot of Price. Not a big game pitcher in my estimation

I saw Cardinals drop to +120 and back to +150.

It seems like Reds have some backing. Idk.

If I could get comfortable with Twins pitching I could see buying them now. Basically even with WS but I remind myself with MLB and NFL futures to back managers/coaches I trust/respect everything else being equal, and not play good team with coach I dont like.

This will be Baldelli bet over Larussa. Should have chance to hedge and enjoy outcome with the ebb and flow of season.

Mets front office is dumpster fire. Prolly should play Braves now too.

Johnny I kinda assume you sleep in a Twins hat every time I come in this thread

Like the old school one View attachment 54129

My favorite glove as kid was Lyman Bostock signature.

Just trying to find value. Baldelli reminds me of Cash. He is young and tough.

Who do you lean this year?

I'm thinking Cards, Twins. Braves for divisions and will be done to focus on win totals.

When do they drop?

I had an Ozzie Smith signature, either Wilson or Rawlings but it was awesome. Still use a baseball glove for softball.

I don't know how to attack baseball this season. There's still a chance Opening Day is pushed back and in the West we're all kinds of fucked with SD and LA so the thrill isn't there...and with all the travel restrictions, even Spring Training isn't a big deal this season. Usually the Seattle/SF/LAD/Cubs crowds are flooding this place by now but nothing this year.

I had an Ozzie Smith signature, either Wilson or Rawlings but it was awesome. Still use a baseball glove for softball.

I don't know how to attack baseball this season. There's still a chance Opening Day is pushed back and in the West we're all kinds of fucked with SD and LA so the thrill isn't there...and with all the travel restrictions, even Spring Training isn't a big deal this season. Usually the Seattle/SF/LAD/Cubs crowds are flooding this place by now but nothing this year.

I hear ya bro.

I hear ya bro.
Chick is on S Padre, was supposed to fly home last Sunday and just got the call from AA that flights are canceled again til this Sunday. Even she can't get to Scottsdale ffs, the world is kinda on hold. Guess she finally got water yesterday.

Win Total.
Make playoffs

AL East

Yankees. 95.5.
Yes -1000/+600

Jays. 86.5.
-111/-111

Rays. 85.5.
No -133/+110

Red Sox. 80.5.
-370/+275

Orioles. 64.5