• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Off-season...

In all seriousness good signing for Toronto but the back end years will probably be ugly which is usually the case with free agents.

In all seriousness good signing for Toronto but the back end years will probably be ugly which is usually the case with free agents.
Fully expect 2-3 good years out of him, 4 if you’re lucky, but like you said virtually all FA contracts for stars get like that. We already had one of the most productive OF in baseball, this just adds to it and balances the lineup. Now they must address the starting rotation.

I don’t mind it, and by then it’ll be when the control over our youngsters comes to an end I believe. Gotta believed we won’t be keeping all of biggio, bichette, Vlad and Pearson. But it’s going to be a great year.

I’m pretty sure Walker signed back w Seattle. Shame bc he was lights out for us.

don’t see us being a player on Bauer, especially after the huge springer deal and potentially bringing in Brantley.

agree on Roark, dont mind him as a no 5, it’s 2-4 I worry about. We have some depth, and potential there, and Pearson/Ray pitching to their capabilities would help, but there’s no one clearly established with the goods g
Walker is still a free agent. You in Toronto as well ??

Springer 8
Biggio 4
Bichette 6
Brantley DH
Hernandez 9
Guerrero 5
Gurriel 7
Tellez 3
Jansen/Kirk 2

Grichuk holds some value 25 homers and about 60-70 RBI’s at 9.3 a year. Let’s go get a sp

Eh he was so bad last yr, and hurt, but maybe getting out of ny will help like it did sonny grey.

now is the time to go get Bauer if you have to stones to go all in
At this point I’d rather have him than roark. Kudos to the brass for keeping to their word. Said they would want to build the youngsters up and when they are ready to spend they will. It’s happening.

Lineup is so dangerous, bullpen is filthy

But still need at least two starters, Walker is still a FA

Do think trade is coming, I'd love to go big with a package for Bryant and Hendricks

Do think trade is coming, I'd love to go big with a package for Bryant and Hendricks
Def need 1 if not 2 starters. Don’t feel comfortable with both Roark and chatwood as projected starters

Would love that package and Jays drafted Bryant in his first year and he obviously wasn’t coming but semi full circle story Toronto media will run with saying how they drafted him in high school but never came lol.

So Jays came out and said Brantley deal is not done. That’s what we get for trusting Hazel Mae

Padres-Jays WS matchup would be awesome for everyone who couldn't care less about tv ratings

Would be incredible
I mean you would get the whole country of Canada which is the same size of California? But none the less ratings would be fine.

Reactions: KJ
In this market no team is taking on Grichuk's contract.
Would disagree. We are handing out Martin Perez 4.5 million on the open market and Jon Lester 5 million. I think revenue is definitely an issue for majority of teams but I’m on the side where I think these smart business men are using it to be more frugal this year. Hell Alex wood got 3 million too,

Would disagree. We are handing out Martin Perez 4.5 million on the open market and Jon Lester 5 million. I think revenue is an definitely an issue for majority of teams but I’m on the side where I think these smart business men are using it to be more frugal this year. Hell Alex wood got 3 million too,
I would be absolutely shocked if any team takes on that contract unless the Jays take an equally hideous contract in return. There are maybe 5 teams willing to spend this offseason and none of them will want Grichuk.

I would be absolutely shocked if any team takes on that contract unless the Jays take an equally hideous contract in return. There are maybe 5 teams willing to spend this offseason and none of them will want Grichuk.
Point is, teams are willing to spend more than it is being reported. The white Sox just spent 54 on Liam Hendricks. In your opinion, what is 20-25 homers a year going to fetch in FA? Kyle Schwarber just got 10 million with 11 homers and 24 RBI’s and year before was 38/92. And Randall was 31/80 the year before covid season. So similar outputs. I don’t personally think 9 is that unattractive. Maybe it’s me putting make up on a pig, but similar numbers

Last edited:
Point is, teams are willing to spend more than it is being reported. The white Sox just spent 54 on Liam Hendricks. In your opinion, what is 20-25 homers a year going to fetch in FA? Kyle Schwarber just got 10 million with 11 homers and 24 RBI’s and year before was 38/92. And Randall was 31/80 the year before covid season. So similar outputs. I don’t personally think 9 is that unattractive. Maybe it’s me putting make up on a pig, but similar numbers
Good luck to the Jays trying to move Grichuk but I just don't see it.

It's interesting how teams manage this whole thing with salaries, kinda predicting the future of fans, etc

Some will come out flourishing that you probably wouldn't think is my guess and some will over spend and be sunk for years

It's interesting how teams manage this whole thing with salaries, kinda predicting the future of fans, etc

Some will come out flourishing that you probably wouldn't think is my guess and some will over spend and be sunk for years
Some owners want a delay, so that more of the vaccine can be administered which would help to loosen guidelines and get fans in the stands.
manfred said they are starting on time, should be interesting, like tou said.

AL Central

My kiosk has Twins +160

White Sox -133

I'm guessing Indians have no chance +600

I want to bet WS cuz only other team that has shot is Twins.

Are twins underrated ?

Lot of holes on that team currently.
What are your favorite references for preseason capping, as opposed to day to day single game matchups?

I dont think I know how to use fangraphs correctly. I want to bet futures/win totals primarily this year.

These division winners are mostly 1 of 2 teams. Trying to think of best way to play it.

National East seems most volatile

NLW & ALC seem straightforward.

What are your favorite references for preseason capping, as opposed to day to day single game matchups?

I dont think I know how to use fangraphs correctly. I want to bet futures/win totals primarily this year.

These division winners are mostly 1 of 2 teams. Trying to think of best way to play it.

National East seems most volatile

NLW & ALC seem straightforward.

fangraphs would certainly be my go to place. If you go to the RosterResource header in the black bar on their homepage, you will find links to each team with a breakdown of their current depth chart.

Realmuto resigns with Philly. No surprise there. NL East just gets better. Should be a helluva race. I like what the Nats did this off-season with Bell, Hand and Lester.

Hall of Fame class will be announced today. Say there's a good chance no one gets elected. Early returns only have Schilling above the 75% threshold and he was barely over at 75.1%

Back