• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Off-season...

So his penalty was sitting out a year, going from a World Series team to a bottom feeder and still getting paid millions? Cheating isn’t all that bad lol

Knew the Theo news was coming. I think Jed has been running the show for at least a year anyway.

Rumors swirling that Stearns will leave the Brewers to go run the Mets. Really hope its not true since I have gotten used to no longer being a laughingstock.

Free Agency well underway and we still don't know if there will be universal DH next year. Embarrassing.

A lot of these free agents are in for quite the rude awakening. There are going to be a ton of guys forced to sign one year deals.

Mets just got Lindor and Carrasco for a very weak package headed by two light hitting shortstops in Rosario and Gimenez. Feel bad for Indians fans having to accept that package because they can't afford Lindor.

Mets just got Lindor and Carrasco for a very weak package headed by two light hitting shortstops in Rosario and Gimenez. Feel bad for Indians fans having to accept that package because they can't afford Lindor.
and they are likely to sign Springer right? If the rumors are true that it's between trhe mets and jays and that the jays came in under the number Springer was lookign for.

Thor, DeGrom, Carrassco, Stroman... nice rotation also have Matz, Lugo and Oswalt.. likely need lefty help in the starting rotation.

also...how are they still employed in Cleveland for this..

I mean, how do you not ask for Mauricio and not budge from that ask?

and they are likely to sign Springer right? If the rumors are true that it's between trhe mets and jays and that the jays came in under the number Springer was lookign for.

Thor, DeGrom, Carrassco, Stroman... nice rotation also have Matz, Lugo and Oswalt.. likely need lefty help in the starting rotation.
Just a guess but I don't think they end up signing Springer.

also...how are they still employed in Cleveland for this..

I mean, how do you not ask for Mauricio and not budge from that ask?
The Indians have a great front office but were in a terrible spot here. Lindor only has one year and very few teams are willing to spend any money right now. The mistake they made was not moving him last offseason when he had more value.

The Indians have a great front office but were in a terrible spot here. Lindor only has one year and very few teams are willing to spend any money right now. The mistake they made was not moving him last offseason when he had more value.
I mean sure they've been known to reload quickly, but other execs are asking the exact same question and they are all in a spending crunch minus like 5-6 teams.

I'd put the Mets at 100% right now to sign Springer. Hope I'm wrong though. Unless there's a mystery team, there's no way he picks Toronto over the Mets.

The Mets have to think about future spending obligations such as Conforto and Alonso. That is why I don't see them signing Springer but then again they have the richest owner in the sport so they may blow past every spending projection.

The Mets have to think about future spending obligations such as Conforto and Alonso. That is why I don't see them signing Springer but then again they have the richest owner in the sport so they may blow past every spending projection.
Didn’t he pretty much say money isn’t going to be a concern. Between Cohen and Rogers ( Toronto owners) there’s enough money to go around. They have a real shot, but like Naught said.. womp womp

Didn’t he pretty much say money isn’t going to be a concern. Between Cohen and Rogers ( Toronto owners) there’s enough money to go around. They have a real shot, but like Naught said.. womp womp
Cohen is definitely spending big but you can’t pay everyone top of the market money. If money was no concern at all they would have signed Realmuto instead of the far inferior catcher in McCann.

Cohen is definitely spending big but you can’t pay everyone top of the market money. If money was no concern at all they would have signed Realmuto instead of the far inferior catcher in McCann.
I hear you, now there are rumors of Bryant being traded there. Lol

Liam Hendricks was a very good signing for the Sox. However it’s a huge price tag. If he doesn’t work out it’s going to be like one of Theos post 2016 moves that tanked the rebuild for the Cubs. I would’ve moved kopech to closer and then used the 18 million to get a pitcher who can log 200 innings. But if Hendricks shines the Sox will win 100+ games. The al central is not good. The AL central is dog shit now that Cleveland is turning into a cheap organization. Sox will probably be the AL favorite since every team in the AL isn’t making moves besides the Buff jays

Padres dodgers and Mets are better on paper than every American League team.

I think the buff jays are the best value pick to win the AL pennant.

Liam Hendricks was a very good signing for the Sox. However it’s a huge price tag. If he doesn’t work out it’s going to be like one of Theos post 2016 moves that tanked the rebuild for the Cubs. I would’ve moved kopech to closer and then used the 18 million to get a pitcher who can log 200 innings. But if Hendricks shines the Sox will win 100+ games. The al central is not good. The AL central is dog shit now that Cleveland is turning into a cheap organization. Sox will probably be the AL favorite since every team in the AL isn’t making moves besides the Buff jays

Padres dodgers and Mets are better on paper than every American League team.

I think the buff jays are the best value pick to win the AL pennant.
Thats a ton of money for a closer. Its not a deal I would have made but if he pitches like he has the last two years he will help a lot.

Thats a ton of money for a closer. Its not a deal I would have made but if he pitches like he has the last two years he will help a lot.
If the Sox offense gets better after last season, he could be a very key addition. I’d love them to get a starter though.

Why do I feel this happens every year w them
It's interesting that they knew about it and hired it, then it got exposed and fired him...Mets players were saying he needed to be canned...but to cause the woman to not want to be a reporter for baseball anymore cuase of his actions..oof

Him and Springer are best buds

Kinda causes a log jam at DH tho, but would allow them to maybe move someone for starting pitching, I'd probly keep the depth for this year though and try and sign another starter

Kirby Yates of hell a great signing right before springer that's going under the radar, if bullpen is healthy its gonna be dynamite

Him and Springer are best buds

Kinda causes a log jam at DH tho, but would allow them to maybe move someone for starting pitching, I'd probly keep the depth for this year though and try and sign another starter

Kirby Yates of hell a great signing right before springer that's going under the radar, if bullpen is healthy its gonna be dynamite
Bullpen is gonna be filthy. Need to fill out reliable starters past Ryu. If Ray can revert back to form that’s huge, but a big if, and need Pearson to become more consistent. I’m disappointed they didn’t bring back Walker, he was a good acquisition last year.

Bullpen is gonna be filthy. Need to fill out reliable starters past Ryu. If Ray can revert back to form that’s huge, but a big if, and need Pearson to become more consistent. I’m disappointed they didn’t bring back Walker, he was a good acquisition last year.
Pearson has excelled everywhere before last year, I think he has a big year. Ray reverting would be massive, allow them potentially 3 horses. I don't mind Roark as a 5th guy if he can eat innings, and they have some potential swing guys like Kay too

Is walker for sure not coming back? He could be had for good value imo

If Bauer is truthful on only wanting 1 year deals I'd give it a shot, Rogers is still printing money without fans in the building anyway

Can also see a trade too, reds and cubs both have pieces Jay's could use and are selling for cheap, shapiro clearly willing to move some guys if they came 2nd on Lindor deal

Pearson has excelled everywhere before last year, I think he has a big year. Ray reverting would be massive, allow them potentially 3 horses. I don't mind Roark as a 5th guy if he can eat innings, and they have some potential swing guys like Kay too

Is walker for sure not coming back? He could be had for good value imo

If Bauer is truthful on only wanting 1 year deals I'd give it a shot, Rogers is still printing money without fans in the building anyway

Can also see a trade too, reds and cubs both have pieces Jay's could use and are selling for cheap, shapiro clearly willing to move some guys if they came 2nd on Lindor deal
I’m pretty sure Walker signed back w Seattle. Shame bc he was lights out for us.

don’t see us being a player on Bauer, especially after the huge springer deal and potentially bringing in Brantley.

agree on Roark, dont mind him as a no 5, it’s 2-4 I worry about. We have some depth, and potential there, and Pearson/Ray pitching to their capabilities would help, but there’s no one clearly established with the goods g

Back