• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ML Dogs Week 3 Edition

ProV1Colt

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bark Bark or should I say Quack Quack!
And Soooooooowiiiiie!

Another great week of Dogs hitting.

Thanks for ALL the input and comments.
Please drop a line if you just have a small feeling on something. We gotta a ton of guys here they love to just talk it thru. Maybe we can find a nugget or 2 lying around.
Who is primed and ready in Week 3?

let’s go!

North Texas catching a bunch at home. Uab still licking wounds from Athens?

Utah St- I never like laying DDs with AF. But the last 2 years have been total blowout wins for Air Force.

Central Michigan- I really like their QB. Daunting task no doubt, but ill be on them + 3 tds

What teams gave absolutely putrid performances? Vandy and Jax. St. were absolutely awful their first week and had no where to go but up.....and they did.
What teams were at their best this past week and have no where to go but down?
What teams were involved in very tough games?? ND & FSU was a tough game and the following week the Irish were lucky once again while the Noles couldn't get motivated to get their first win. Ky/Mizzou was tough...both teams left it on the field but my Cats play UT-Chat...can SEMO hang with the Tigers at all?
Any rivalries this week like the Tulsa/OSU game?....that TD return on the kickoff in the 4th Qtr was killer for Tulsa's chances....

This week we have a couple Friday Night Conference home dogs in Illini & the Cards.
On Saturday Aubbie, Sparty, Purdue, UVA, & Fresno perhaps?

Kinda agree, on under because I simply don't know where the scoring will come from. Only concern for Minny is altitude if they only go a day early.
It takes the human body 7-10 days to acclimate to change. Getting there 2 days early won't make a difference for the altitude change.

It takes the human body 7-10 days to acclimate to change. Getting there 2 days early won't make a difference for the altitude change.
Cards used to train in Flagstaff for that reason, 6900 feet and always heard that working out in it took 4-5 days but you just roll in and walking up a flight of stairs has you begging for oxygen

Cards used to train in Flagstaff for that reason, 6900 feet and always heard that working out in it took 4-5 days but you just roll in and walking up a flight of stairs has you begging for oxygen
I know the feeling. Jogging around SLC vs AL, damn near exploded my heart.

When I visited Mt. Mitchell in NC a few years ago I could most certainly feel the altitude....it is 6,684 ft elev. there...

:passedout:

I feel like some of the altitude stuff isn't what it used to be. Believe we talked about it before. The way the players train and how in shape their bodies are now I think it is different. Could prove it with some game results looking at Laramie, Fort Collins and Boulder, Colo Springs... I don't think we would find a meaningful trend for low altitude teams struggling at their stadiums. Think it matters more the teams on the field more than anything else. Vandy only came into Fort Collins day before the game. They played better 2nd H than 1st H, it isn't like they got more used to altitude, because as booksbestfriend says, technically it takes quite a while for the body to adjust. But we are talking about some physically and cardio fit athletes, not regular people.

I feel like some of the altitude stuff isn't what it used to be. Believe we talked about it before. The way the players train and how in shape their bodies are now I think it is different. Could prove it with some game results looking at Laramie, Fort Collins and Boulder, Colo Springs... I don't think we would find a meaningful trend for low altitude teams struggling at their stadiums. Think it matters more the teams on the field more than anything else. Vandy only came into Fort Collins day before the game. They played better 2nd H than 1st H, it isn't like they got more used to altitude, because as booksbestfriend says, technically it takes quite a while for the body to adjust. But we are talking about some physically and cardio fit athletes, not regular people.
Don't use it much but it is a factor for linemen imo if you're betting on winning in the trenches

Used more in basketball for a 2nd game at altitude, NCAA or NBA

Here are the teams that interest me, TD or more dogs, ones I might actually play:

Louisville

UMass - Sounds crazy as bad as they have been. Eastern Michigan struggling vs Wisconsin is understandable, but they weren't real good week 1 vs FCS either. 3 score road fav here, UMass scored more points last week than all of last year and week 0 combined. Hmmmm. EM should be able to run on them, probably keeps me away from the ML, but maybe ATS

Temple - Another pretty crazy one. BC is obviously a different team if Jurkovic is out, if he is out. BC has big home game vs Mizzou on deck. Carey's Temple teams did beat Maryland and Georgia Tech in 2019. Last time Temple played BC in 2018 it was just a 10 pt loss. Teams are quite a bit different now compared to 2018 however.

Buffalo - Best team Coastal has played so far, which isn't saying much. This is kind of an interesting matchup

Western Michigan - Pitt has been known to drop surprising games and have some unexplainable squeakers. Like only beating Cuse 21-10 last year. Or only beating Delaware 17-14 2019. Or winning in OT vs Youngstown St 2017. Pitt is a hard team to trust sometimes.

Ball St - Ball St figures to have some O to push Wyoming some, although I didn't see much out of them as I would've liked vs Penn State, that was Penn St though. NIU did a lot to help the Pokes last week. Ball St is better.

Purdue - I'm a little afraid of backing Purdue this week. We have seen two poor showings so far this year out of Irish, well I didn't actually see it last week because they wanted you to pay for Peacock those bastards. Kelly knows he has a problem with an immobile QB in Coan, so we might start seeing more of the Buchner kid who can run. AFter nearly losing to Toledo in the home opener, I expect the best ND has this week, which would be bad for Purdue. If ND just comes out there the same team that nearly lost to FSU and Toledo, then they definitely could lose. I just have a hard time expecting to see yet another bad game out of Irish.

Washington STate - USC looks like they quit when STanford went up 42-14 on them last week. Fans were loudly booing. People who had previously defended Helton are jumping ship. Sometimes the locker room of teams is immune from outside noise, not sure they can escape it now. USC isn't physical at the LOS, which gives Wazzou a chance. Huge mismatch last year, has Wazzou made up that much ground to pull the upset here?

Kent State - how will Kent St stop Iowa? Don't know. How will Iowa stop Kent State is what you should be asking! I know, just being funny. But I will be on Kent St ATS, very unlikely upset given the way Iowa has played on D so far this year and given the way Kent St D figures to matchup. I am confident in saying this is the best offense the Hawks have played to date. Texas A&M did limit this same O to just 10 points, so there is that.

LaTech - SMU pass D could be an issue here. I haven't got into the NTex-SMU recap yet and depending on number, SMU got a late cover in that game, but it was played closer than some would've expected. LT nearly won in Starksville and did knock off UAB as DD home dog last year. Skip Holtz can pull some of these games out sometimes.

Southern Miss - Hall hasn't quite got the O he wants yet although they played better than the final week 1 and got a glorified scrimmage at home last week. These games vs Troy are tight historically and Southern Miss as a home dog is also something with a good history.

UTah State - Likely my favorite of the bunch. Utah St is 2-0 SU and ATS and actually have played pretty solid. MWC opener for AF so they not looking past anyone, but coming off Navy, AF has lost straight up 3 of the last 5, including losing 2 of the 3 as favorite.

Virginia - UNC D figures to get challenged this week if UVA can have any kind of O like they did last week.

North Texas - After being impressed with UAB O week 1/0, week 2 they got humbled by Georgia, which that can happen to a lot of teams, but they really got their shit kicked in like they rarely do. Not sure how they respond, probably ok. UAB has been an 8-11 win team the last few meetings and granted, North Texas is down a little, but this is a tight series normally. Last played 2019 26-21, 2018 29-21 both UAB wins, 2017 46-43 NT win as a 12 pt home dog. This is a curious game.

Tulane - Worry is stopping Ole Miss. I think Tulane O will be ok here.

Might take it personal that you think the Kent St offense is better than the Clones

Maybe they have better play calling

Might take it personal that you think the Kent St offense is better than the Clones

Maybe they have better play calling

I knew you wouldn't like that! I did mean in the sense that Iowa State just has games like the UNI game, or a couple games that dot their prior results when the O just didn't produce like it should. I'll say A game to A game - Iowa State obviously has the better personnel no doubt and when it clicks for them, which it does a lot, they are really good. Kent St has a lot of potential on their side of the ball too, and they can put up yards and points .... vs a team like Iowa? It will be interesting. Maybe we have a side bet, which team gets more points on Iowa? Kent or ISU?

I knew you wouldn't like that! I did mean in the sense that Iowa State just has games like the UNI game, or a couple games that dot their prior results when the O just didn't produce like it should. I'll say A game to A game - Iowa State obviously has the better personnel no doubt and when it clicks for them, which it does a lot, they are really good. Kent St has a lot of potential on their side of the ball too, and they can put up yards and points .... vs a team like Iowa? It will be interesting. Maybe we have a side bet, which team gets more points on Iowa? Kent or ISU?
Brock looked more like a MAC QB than a top 10 last week. No bet!

Brock looked more like a MAC QB than a top 10 last week. No bet!

We know Purdy has some occasional struggles and I like him and want him to do well. I would also like to see what a QB like Dustin Crum would do with better O players around him vs better Ds. I was kind of surprised he didn't transfer to a P5 via portal this year to try and showcase for some draft stock.

We know Purdy has some occasional struggles and I like him and want him to do well. I would also like to see what a QB like Dustin Crum would do with better O players around him vs better Ds. I was kind of surprised he didn't transfer to a P5 via portal this year to try and showcase for some draft stock.
Clones have a good prospect coming in from FLA next year too at QB, son of someone I can't remember

Wazzu more or less likely to pull the upset now that Helton is gone?

Such a mismatch on paper and Rubbers coming off the embarrassing loss, I took USC -10 at a bad number but seriously hope it doesn't matter

If anything I hope it lit a fire

Think it will help create a sense of urgency, that good enough before isn't good enough now. But you still have players underachieving and not executing. What kind of change can an interim assistant position coach who has been there one year going to have? They might as well have fired OC Harrell too because just as much needs to change there. Players probably liked Helton because, as Petros Papadakis offered, Helton was like the coddling family member that would make excuses for your bad behavior, the guy who would let people get away with stuff and pretend it never happened. To really be good again the team, the philosophy and the roster needs a complete overhaul. I'm not sure firing him will make any difference unless the interim is going to make a lot of changes. Then you have to ask if the players will respond to the changes.

What teams gave absolutely putrid performances? Vandy and Jax. St. were absolutely awful their first week and had no where to go but up.....and they did.

Dogs off really bad games/efforts...these are dogs you suggest could be backed?

Ohio - Tough matchup at ULL, who actually only beat instate Nicholls by 3. Although ULL led 27-10 4th Q before Nicholls scored 2 TDs. Nicholls outgained them 511-394 thanks to their final 2 drives of the game. Ohio appears lost right now. They weren't as bad in spots vs Syracuse, losing to Duquense last week would figure to be rock bottom, Ohio only ran 46 plays as Duquense had like 40 minutes TOP.

Ball St was another poor performance, that was however vs a pretty quality opponent.

Florida State obviously was very bad this week. Wake Forest has played absolutely nobody their first two games. FSU is battle tested even though they are off gut-wrenching loss, I'd expect them to bring it this week.

Georgia Southern off very bad game and travel to Arkansas who just off super bowl. I don't think Georgia Southern has what they want to do figured out. They are replacing their QB for the first season for the first time since 2017. They might get Tomlin back this week (suspension) but he wasn't good last year in 2 starts. Not an ideal dog to go beat Arkansas.

Rice off very disappointing game vs Houston, a game for them that matters (cross town rivalry). They play at Texas, who is a favorite, but also off an absolutely "putrid" performance.

Last edited:
What teams were at their best this past week and have no where to go but down?

Favorites off really strong games vs somebody with a pulse, these are favorites you suggest could be faded?

Michigan, assuming Washington still actually has a pulse - Mich plays NIU who already has one P5 upset win this year

Arkansas, not sure they will play better than that all year, they play the aforementioned Georgia Southern team.

UTSA beat lowly Lamar, but include it as it might've been their most dominating win ever in program history. They play MTSU

Georgia, that would be classified as their best, except for the team they played, who, UAB is a quality team in the group of 5 world. But they playing South Carolina...a rivalry, but does anyone really want to get involved with SC in that one? This SC team? I mean I have ML's SC against Georgia before, but man, not now.

Air Force, I don't think they really played a "best" type game, defense was fantastic, but offense wasn't terrific and Navy made mistakes that helped them. They play Utah St

UNC off a dominating win vs Georgia State. They play Virginia

Stanford played a vintage Stanford game that nobody saw coming vs a team that is supposed to be better than them. Just completely manhandled USC and blew their doors off leading by 28 at one point. They travel to Vandy.

Boise, again, not sure I would say that was their best, but they did Boise things and blew out an overmatched team. They are home fav over Okla State

UCLA, I don't think this qualifies as they had a bye week after LSU, but should probably include it because by most any definition, that game vs LSU was the best anybody has seen out of them vs a team who is supposed to be good. They play Fresno.

Last edited:
What teams were involved in very tough games?? ND & FSU was a tough game and the following week the Irish were lucky once again while the Noles couldn't get motivated to get their first win. Ky/Mizzou was tough...both teams left it on the field but my Cats play UT-Chat...can SEMO hang with the Tigers at all?

Favorites this week that were involved in tough, hard fought emotional games last week...these are favorites you suggest could be faded?

Miami, Fl - home vs Mich St

Pitt - home vs W Mich

Texas A&M - home vs New Mexico

Colorado - home vs Minny

Wyoming - Pokes were up big but NIU tied late and forced Wyoming to retake lead late. Not sure it qualifies in the context we are trying to drill down. They play home vs Ball St

Notre Dame - home fav vs Purdue

Iowa - home fav vs Kent State

Ohio State - home fav vs Tulsa (who was involved in their own tough game)

Toledo - home fav vs Colo St

Arkansas - seems Hogs qualify for two angles, not a close game, but an emotionally and physically tough game - home fav vs Georgia Southern

Washington - hard to know where they are mentally this week, off a game they surely would've been "up" for but fell flat - home fav vs Arkansas State (who was involved in a rivalry loss last week)

Liberty - home fav vs ODU
Troy - road fav at Southern Miss
^these could qualify, Liberty and Troy played eachother in a fairly competitive game

Texas Tech - home fav vs FIU (SFA gave TT a tough game where Raiders could've actually lost, FIU in off OT loss)

Utah - road fav at San Diego St

Air Force - home fav vs Utah State (not a competitive game but any CIC game is a "super bowl" type game)

Iowa State - road fav at UNLV

Last edited:
Any rivalries this week like the Tulsa/OSU game?....that TD return on the kickoff in the 4th Qtr was killer for Tulsa's chances....

Rivalries this week, looking to back a dog?

Virginia Tech (small dog) at WVU - old time rivalry

Nebraska at Oklahoma

Purdue at Notre Dame (one school thinks its a rivalry)

Florida home dog vs Bama (pretty sure it would be considered a rivalry given their consequential games of the past, no?)

Memphis home dog vs Mississippi State (Memphis considers Ole Miss a rival, not sure about Miss St)

East Carolina at Marshall (historically significant, but was an old time rivalry when teams were in same league)

South Carolina at Georgia

Virginia at North Carolina

Rice at Texas (rivalry for Rice)

OK so there are some answers @JROCK1966. What say you?

Fresno St can hang with UCLA i believe.. gave Oregon a solid effort....still think DTR is gonna cost the Bruins a game or 2 if someone can stop their running game.....

UNLV.....ridiculous for sure....but at home facing Iowa St who has to have their heads hanging....laying 31 when they've scored 33 total points in 2 games...

Dogs off really bad games/efforts...these are dogs you suggest could be backed?

Ohio - Tough matchup at ULL, who actually only beat instate Nicholls by 3. Although ULL led 27-10 4th Q before Nicholls scored 2 TDs. Nicholls outgained them 511-394 thanks to their final 2 drives of the game. Ohio appears lost right now. They weren't as bad in spots vs Syracuse, losing to Duquense last week would figure to be rock bottom, Ohio only ran 46 plays as Duquense had like 40 minutes TOP.

Ball St was another poor performance, that was however vs a pretty quality opponent.

Florida State obviously was very bad this week. Wake Forest has played absolutely nobody their first two games. FSU is battle tested even though they are off gut-wrenching loss, I'd expect them to bring it this week.

Georgia Southern off very bad game and travel to Arkansas who just off super bowl. I don't think Georgia Southern has what they want to do figured out. They are replacing their QB for the first season for the first time since 2017. They might get Tomlin back this week (suspension) but he wasn't good last year in 2 starts. Not an ideal dog to go beat Arkansas.

Rice off very disappointing game vs Houston, a game for them that matters (cross town rivalry). They play at Texas, who is a favorite, but also off an absolutely "putrid" performance.

Ohio is interesting...PS had glowing things to say about ULL in his season preview but maybe they're not as good? Or maybe they are that good and finally turn it on this week in which case Ohio may be running into a buzzsaw??

FSU? WTH happened to you last Saturday? I. Just. Can't.

Arkansas would go thru a wall for their Coach. I'm not going to fade them.

Fuck Rice...I'm done with them.

Favorites off really strong games vs somebody with a pulse, these are favorites you suggest could be faded?

Michigan, assuming Washington still actually has a pulse - Mich plays NIU who already has one P5 upset win this year

Arkansas, not sure they will play better than that all year, they play the aforementioned Georgia Southern team.

UTSA beat lowly Lamar, but include it as it might've been their most dominating win ever in program history. They play MTSU

Georgia, that would be classified as their best, except for the team they played, who, UAB is a quality team in the group of 5 world. But they playing South Carolina...a rivalry, but does anyone really want to get involved with SC in that one? This SC team? I mean I have ML's SC against Georgia before, but man, not now.

Air Force, I don't think they really played a "best" type game, defense was fantastic, but offense wasn't terrific and Navy made mistakes that helped them. They play Utah St

UNC off a dominating win vs Georgia State. They play Virginia

Stanford played a vintage Stanford game that nobody saw coming vs a team that is supposed to be better than them. Just completely manhandled USC and blew their doors off leading by 28 at one point. They travel to Vandy.

Boise, again, not sure I would say that was their best, but they did Boise things and blew out an overmatched team. They are home fav over Okla State

UCLA, I don't think this qualifies as they had a bye week after LSU, but should probably include it because by most any definition, that game vs LSU was the best anybody has seen out of them vs a team who is supposed to be good. They play Fresno.

I don't think UNC will get caught napping again like they did in their first game but UVA may be able to matchup with them anyway...UVA has looked good in both their games so far.

Georgia is gonna roll the Gamecocks.

Stanford does not like to travel east....they have already proven it once this year and didn't they get pummeled at UCF not long ago?? But this time its Vandy.

Fresno's loss to Oregon does not seem so bad now...I think they've got a good shot!

Favorites this week that were involved in tough, hard fought emotional games last week...these are favorites you suggest could be faded?

Miami, Fl - home vs Mich St

Pitt - home vs W Mich

Texas A&M - home vs New Mexico

Colorado - home vs Minny

Wyoming - Pokes were up big but NIU tied late and forced Wyoming to retake lead late. Not sure it qualifies in the context we are trying to drill down. They play home vs Ball St

Notre Dame - home fav vs Purdue

Iowa - home fav vs Kent State

Ohio State - home fav vs Tulsa (who was involved in their own tough game)

Toledo - home fav vs Colo St

Arkansas - seems Hogs qualify for two angles, not a close game, but an emotionally and physically tough game - home fav vs Georgia Southern

Washington - hard to know where they are mentally this week, off a game they surely would've been "up" for but fell flat - home fav vs Arkansas State (who was involved in a rivalry loss last week)

Liberty - home fav vs ODU
Troy - road fav at Southern Miss
^these could qualify, Liberty and Troy played eachother in a fairly competitive game

Texas Tech - home fav vs FIU (SFA gave TT a tough game where Raiders could've actually lost, FIU in off OT loss)

Utah - road fav at San Diego St

Air Force - home fav vs Utah State (not a competitive game but any CIC game is a "super bowl" type game)

Iowa State - road fav at UNLV
I have some interest in Sparty. I'd like to think ND might be vulnerable but yeah I agree they also may just put it together. Would be a big win for Purdue if they can pull it off.

Rivalries this week, looking to back a dog?

Virginia Tech (small dog) at WVU - old time rivalry

Nebraska at Oklahoma

Purdue at Notre Dame (one school thinks its a rivalry)

Florida home dog vs Bama (pretty sure it would be considered a rivalry given their consequential games of the past, no?)

Memphis home dog vs Mississippi State (Memphis considers Ole Miss a rival, not sure about Miss St)

East Carolina at Marshall (historically significant, but was an old time rivalry when teams were in same league)

South Carolina at Georgia

Virginia at North Carolina

Rice at Texas (rivalry for Rice)

OK so there are some answers @JROCK1966. What say you?
Florida...umm I don't think their QB situation is set enough to knock off Bama. They've got good ones but I'm not sure either is good enough passing to make enough plays....the other question is how the hell did the Gators D give up 20 to USF? USF is absolutely awful...I have big question mark concerning the Gators Defense.

ECU...interesting...I might have to look into this one further.

UNC does have revenge if one wanted to look at it that way. Heels had already lost once before UVA beat them so didn't really cost them anything, but I'm sure some players are looking at it like revenge. For what that is worth, not much because I heard UNC players were really looking forward to opening with VT because last time they were there VT won a wild one in OT. Stuff like revenge, don't know how often it ever plays a role, when a team gets revenge we are like 'yeah see they wanted it, playing with revenge' and then when the revenge team loses nobody mentions it.

how the hell did the Gators D give up 20 to USF

USF had short field and turnovers set them up. One after a fumble recovery, one after a punt return, they got 10 points off like less than 20 total yards of offense on those two specific possessions.

I am strangely so drawn to the Eastern Michigan - UMass game.

UMass message board (yes it exists) is full of optimism from fans who were at the BC game (yes UMass football acutally has fans).

UMass is on an 11 game losing streak dating back to mid 2019. Their last win was a 7 pt home dog vs Akron (Zips 0-12 that year).

Eastern Michigan is a solid middle-tier MAC program who plays in a ton of close games. 43 of their last 50 games have been either a 1 score game or loss. The ones that were not? Beat St Francis 35-15 (-32.5), 2020 beat WMich 53-42 (+13.5), 2019 beat NIU 45-17 (+5), beat Akron 42-14 (-17), 2018 beat BallSt 42-20 (-3), beat Central Mich 17-7 (-13.5), beat Akron 27-7 (-11). So EM can deliver some MOV vs lesser teams. Could be "get right game" for EM...or could be break-through win for UMass. UMass players must be encouraged about how they played vs BC. Home game here, then road trip to Coastal Carolina. Not sure it is a great comparison, but I said after the Bowling Green - Tennessee game that I saw some signs of life out of BG in that game even though they lost big. Last week I watched a BG team that played like they believed they could win. Maybe UMass plays like that this week?

Hey @JROCK1966

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TERRY WILSON, JR., NEW MEXICO
Senior, Quarterback, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma / Kentucky

• Led New Mexico to a 34-25 victory over in-state rival New Mexico State, improving the Lobos record to 2-0 for the first time since 2005.
  • Threw 26-for-37 for 381 yards and 3 touchdowns with no interceptions.
  • Wilson's 381 yards were a career-high, surpassing his previous best by 114 yards (he had 267 at Kentucky vs. Missouri).
  • It was the 13th-most passing yards by a Lobo QB in school history, and the most passing yards since 2003 (Casey Kelly).

Odds of you putting New Mexico on one of your Round Robins?

Here are the teams that interest me, TD or more dogs, ones I might actually play:

Louisville

UMass - Sounds crazy as bad as they have been. Eastern Michigan struggling vs Wisconsin is understandable, but they weren't real good week 1 vs FCS either. 3 score road fav here, UMass scored more points last week than all of last year and week 0 combined. Hmmmm. EM should be able to run on them, probably keeps me away from the ML, but maybe ATS

Temple - Another pretty crazy one. BC is obviously a different team if Jurkovic is out, if he is out. BC has big home game vs Mizzou on deck. Carey's Temple teams did beat Maryland and Georgia Tech in 2019. Last time Temple played BC in 2018 it was just a 10 pt loss. Teams are quite a bit different now compared to 2018 however.

Buffalo - Best team Coastal has played so far, which isn't saying much. This is kind of an interesting matchup

Western Michigan - Pitt has been known to drop surprising games and have some unexplainable squeakers. Like only beating Cuse 21-10 last year. Or only beating Delaware 17-14 2019. Or winning in OT vs Youngstown St 2017. Pitt is a hard team to trust sometimes.

Ball St - Ball St figures to have some O to push Wyoming some, although I didn't see much out of them as I would've liked vs Penn State, that was Penn St though. NIU did a lot to help the Pokes last week. Ball St is better.

Purdue - I'm a little afraid of backing Purdue this week. We have seen two poor showings so far this year out of Irish, well I didn't actually see it last week because they wanted you to pay for Peacock those bastards. Kelly knows he has a problem with an immobile QB in Coan, so we might start seeing more of the Buchner kid who can run. AFter nearly losing to Toledo in the home opener, I expect the best ND has this week, which would be bad for Purdue. If ND just comes out there the same team that nearly lost to FSU and Toledo, then they definitely could lose. I just have a hard time expecting to see yet another bad game out of Irish.

Washington STate - USC looks like they quit when STanford went up 42-14 on them last week. Fans were loudly booing. People who had previously defended Helton are jumping ship. Sometimes the locker room of teams is immune from outside noise, not sure they can escape it now. USC isn't physical at the LOS, which gives Wazzou a chance. Huge mismatch last year, has Wazzou made up that much ground to pull the upset here?

Kent State - how will Kent St stop Iowa? Don't know. How will Iowa stop Kent State is what you should be asking! I know, just being funny. But I will be on Kent St ATS, very unlikely upset given the way Iowa has played on D so far this year and given the way Kent St D figures to matchup. I am confident in saying this is the best offense the Hawks have played to date. Texas A&M did limit this same O to just 10 points, so there is that.

LaTech - SMU pass D could be an issue here. I haven't got into the NTex-SMU recap yet and depending on number, SMU got a late cover in that game, but it was played closer than some would've expected. LT nearly won in Starksville and did knock off UAB as DD home dog last year. Skip Holtz can pull some of these games out sometimes.

Southern Miss - Hall hasn't quite got the O he wants yet although they played better than the final week 1 and got a glorified scrimmage at home last week. These games vs Troy are tight historically and Southern Miss as a home dog is also something with a good history.

UTah State - Likely my favorite of the bunch. Utah St is 2-0 SU and ATS and actually have played pretty solid. MWC opener for AF so they not looking past anyone, but coming off Navy, AF has lost straight up 3 of the last 5, including losing 2 of the 3 as favorite.

Virginia - UNC D figures to get challenged this week if UVA can have any kind of O like they did last week.

North Texas - After being impressed with UAB O week 1/0, week 2 they got humbled by Georgia, which that can happen to a lot of teams, but they really got their shit kicked in like they rarely do. Not sure how they respond, probably ok. UAB has been an 8-11 win team the last few meetings and granted, North Texas is down a little, but this is a tight series normally. Last played 2019 26-21, 2018 29-21 both UAB wins, 2017 46-43 NT win as a 12 pt home dog. This is a curious game.

Tulane - Worry is stopping Ole Miss. I think Tulane O will be ok here.
I wouldn't fade Alabama or Clemson or LSU when they were on fire and I wouldn't back a turd in Notre Dame when they are turds either, This is a Notre Dame bounce back or they get their First loss.

Purdue Money line for me. I am not good at moneylines but I am good at Following certain teams, bet against this Turd.

I have read a lot of what you do, someone I follow here, nice work. :clapping2:

Hey @JROCK1966

Odds of you putting New Mexico on one of your Round Robins?
That would be just great to have TW beat A&M @ A&M LOL....he did already play there his 1st year at UK FWIW....it was one of those several games of his UK career where he had more to do with the loss than a win.....

felt like I really shit the bed last week missing out on so many dogs. Good job by lot of you guys!

Should udub really be laying 17 to a team with a very capable offense? Arky st defense isn’t good but I dunno if that means huskies crappy offense can hang a 40 s burger?!?? This could either be a game udub takes out their early season frustrations or they could really go into the tank! Think almost worth sprinkling the huge ml in case it the latter.

I'm stubborn and playing Auburn. Just not a Franklin fan. PSU is still only 8-8 in white out games.

I just think it's an ugly defensive game. The under is probably the better play, but that's no fun.

interesting, you would think they undefeated or at least have a insanely good record in white out games the way the media talks about it!

Back