• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Let's get a real early off-season discussion going...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, we know how CFB rolls now...it's gonna be the big 3 and then toss in a few more each year to compete for the big prize...

So, outta that...who is primed?

We know we'll have new QBs at Clem, OSU and Bama...

Georgia is my sleeper for now and I'll be hating my future by week 2-3...

Who's a surprise team?

Who's gonna be great fades?

I see Twink online so figure good to get it going.

Obviously Free Agency changes things a lot but we have the bases of these teams for the most part.

If that Texas QB looks anything like what I saw that last game, they could certainly be a player. But OK out recruits em still.

UGA like you said....you summed that up. Have to think they get it right one day, but need a new offense some how some way. That shit doesn’t work these days.

I’d love to see someone in B10 push Ohio St and the obvious choice is your squad BAR and they’ve made some good changes. Still not a Harbaugh fan, but at least they made some changes. Still get recruits but you would know more than me there.

That’s quick off the hip.

USC could certainly be “back” too. I don’t know enough about Oregon, tho

As far as my squad, I definitely likes what’s coming in and Maxx looked gritty at times but still think we need to wait on Howard to get back into contention.

If that Texas QB looks anything like what I saw that last game, they could certainly be a player. But OK out recruits em still.

UGA like you said....you summed that up. Have to think they get it right one day, but need a new offense some how some way. That shit doesn’t work these days.

I’d love to see someone in B10 push Ohio St and the obvious choice is your squad BAR and they’ve made some good changes. Still not a Harbaugh fan, but at least they made some changes. Still get recruits but you would know more than me there.
Yeah, I like the coaching changes mostly.

With that being said, Jim was ahead on many things (camps, free agency etc) but was always behind in severing ties with coaches.

None of this matters unless he gets his 2015/2016 fire back. Shall see.

The culture hopefully is better. This class is phenomenal and the next is already shaping up.

JJ gonna be fun at QB...prolly be a bit wild but that's fine.

With all that being said, I feel the conference is way down...kinda like the 2008-2014 or so era...

I should add, if Brennan is healthy he will likely be starter I would think but who knows

Crazy to think 35 years ago that we'd be favored in every game except @OU and don't have a basketball coach that's worth a shit

Yeah, I like the coaching changes mostly.

With that being said, Jim was ahead on many things (camps, free agency etc) but was always behind in severing ties with coaches.

None of this matters unless he gets his 2015/2016 fire back. Shall see.

The culture hopefully is better. This class is phenomenal and the next is already shaping up.

JJ gonna be fun at QB...prolly be a bit wild but that's fine.

With all that being said, I feel the conference is way down...kinda like the 2008-2014 or so era...
I agree on the camps. That was visionary and he got the push back for it for the obvious. But shoot your shot, always.

And he was loyal. Is loyal. That’s a good thing ideally. Someone I’d want on my side and I know Michigan “works” that way. But he had no choice in today’s climate.

I think kinda down too, as you said. It’s better CFB when B10 is up for sure.
This free agency shit is wild to say the least

I agree on the camps. That was visionary and he got the push back for it for the obvious. But shoot your shot, always.

And he was loyal. Is loyal. That’s a good thing ideally. Someone I’d want on my side and I know Michigan “works” that way. But he had no choice in today’s climate.

I think kinda down too, as you said. It’s better CFB when B10 is up for sure.
This free agency shit is wild to say the least
The thing with UM, is they have to recruit different types and still get a #9 class and I think can get a top 5/6 with these new coaches... he's never had a FULL staff of recruiters...

The thing with the young guys they have on staff is they are animals out there so far.... but you gotta coach em up...

Michigan gets A LOT of players to the pros... which only has been reflected in half of his 6 seasons record-wise...

Comes down to the “hearts and smarts” as y’all say up there. The talent is undeniable, as always.
Obviously Pelini was a disaster as we all knew and expected. If Ricks stays(hopefully) well you got him and Sting, so that should be fine. McGlo stepped in when I didn’t expect him to see the field and he showed heart and a “gamble” that can be feast or famine but if the two I mentioned are back there will be no better duo(no disrespect but on paper that looks the best duo).

Clemson LB in free agency coming....if he doesn’t start I’ll be disappointed for sure. It’s likely the weak link on the D but time for some of these guys to step up and could happen.
The D line was young and should be much better. Some real players that were just too young in a really good league. Safety room is almost too full but competition will be wide open and Sage Ryan should play right away I would think.

On offense the entire O line basically came back. Doesn’t mean much because for the most part looked like shit a year after winning the ship and the award, but this was very very crucial. Would’ve been devastating. The RBs have to show out. We had a walk on getting reps in SEC games. Big games. Think about that. Emery has to look like the 5 star he was coming out...he has shown flashes. TD Price actually played more early and showed more promise but he too caught the “bug” of shit effort last year.

TE Gilbert gone, but maybe addition by subtraction. Obviously talented but he ain’t right Taylor showed some promise tho.

WR.....just something we don’t have to worry about down this way really. But Kayshon Boutte obviously looks dynamite as we saw.

Stop me if you’ve heard this before......QB
Who. Fuxking. Knows......

And just for fun, LSU going AT UCLA this year to open. Similar to when they went AT WASHINGTON before people lump em in with SEC teams that don’t travel. And AT Lambeau bs Wisconsin before.

Just a friendly reminder

In a reversal of the last several seasons, I expect Alabama unders to be a play. So many losses on offense including the playcaller. I expect Bryce to be great eventually, but we're so young at WR and loaded on the OL and RB, so I could see us leaning on that as BY gets acclimated. The defense looks to finally have the depth and talent back to where it was 2015-17. Losing Surtain and Barmore will sting a bit, but front 7 should be a strength. Secondary will need some guys to grow up quick, so hopefully our ability to get to the QB will erase some of the growing pains.

Schedule isn't too daunting on the face of it, but road trips to Gainesville and aTm will be tough, especially for a young QB. I expect both of those to be full capacity games, so should get the full HFA. I think 11-1 (7-1) is a reasonable prediction, but 10-2 wouldn't surprise me too much. Feels like it's an Alabama-aTm battle in the West with LSU kind of an unknown to me, but certainly capable. We'll see what Lane has up his sleeve for year 2. Not sure what we'll get out of Arky other than they'll play hard. Miss St may still be a year away from Leach having all his guys in place. I think AU made an awful hire and their roster is decimated. Maybe they'll surprise everyone, but I would put a lot of money on UCF and Gus having a much better season than Aub.

East is Florida and UGA. Like AU, Tenn made an awful hire. They are inflicting most of the damage on themselves, feels like they need a complete reboot. Maybe that's what this is. Mizzou is interesting, think they could make some noise. Don't expect anything new out of Kentucky, probably 8-4 type team again that will make it hard on a lot of teams. Vandy, lol. No clue about SCAR.

Great stuff @gps_3

Maybe we'll get some value on totals with the tendency to shade them the last few years.

Great stuff @gps_3

Maybe we'll get some value on totals with the tendency to shade them the last few years.
Thankfully we'll have a spring practice to at least get an idea of what O'Brien will be thinking for the offense. Though I expect it will still be pretty vanilla on any session that is open for public consumption

And just for fun, LSU going AT UCLA this year to open. Similar to when they went AT WASHINGTON before people lump em in with SEC teams that don’t travel. And AT Lambeau bs Wisconsin before.

Just a friendly reminder
And at Arizona and at Arizona State fairly recently. They've still never played in Death Valley, however.

Clemson LB in free agency coming....if he doesn’t start I’ll be disappointed for sure. It’s likely the weak link on the D but time for some of these guys to step up and could happen.
The only reason for him to leave (that I can think of) would be that he thought he got outrecruited with Simpson last year and Carter coming in this fall. If so, we'll be in good shape, and either way y'all will have a really good player.

Last edited:
Rush has some serious credibility issues. The Paul Bryant Jr stuff has been a story for decades, if it's true, then there are plenty of people who know about it because it's been on the message boards since the dawn of the internet, so I'm guessing the NCAA doesn't care or maybe it's not as big of a smoking gun as people would hope. I don't know anything about UGA other than the rumors that everyone else knows. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle for both programs

Les out at KU.... new search starts immediately... Art Briles to Lawrence would be my vote

Gators new QB coach was with Lamar Jackson...so I think we can expect a similar couple of years from Emory (this adroit take should not be utilized for gambling purposes due to the sender's obvious bias)

It’s early and Coach O gave Max 1st team reps outta respect but reports are this isn’t a Myles forgone conclusion

The O line didn’t look very good, but the D line looked much better

Let’s get it going here

Early SP+ ratings:

(1) Bama, (2) Clem, (3) Okla, (4) Ohio State, (5) Oregon, (6) Georgia

Week One

Bama v. (8) Miami (Atlanta)
Clemson v. Georgia (Charlotte)
Okla at Tulane
Ohio St at Minnesota
Oregon v. Arizona

Last edited:
Staff is complete, so what are your thoughts?
I know he isn’t the sharpest tool in the drawer and I like honesty but to say he didn’t interview past coaches is pretty alarming.

I’m ok with the staff. Obviously there were a few DC’s I liked before we got to this one and anyone would agree with that likely. I liked that he relied on Brady for some hires, that seems smart.

Early SP+ ratings:

(1) Bama, (2) Clem, (3) Okla, (4) Ohio State, (5) Oregon, (6) Georgia

Week One

Bama v. (8) Miami (Atlanta)
Clemson v. Georgia (Charlotte)
Okla at Tulane
Ohio St at Minnesota
Oregon v. Arizona
Always see Oklahoma up there and then the usual happens with them. Time to prove something

With the turnover, specifically at QB, at the elites, I think there’s an excellent opportunity for some second tier teams to seize the moment. Looking at you Michigan, Penn St, A&M, Florida, UNC.

I’d love a breakdown of OSU. I know their receivers are just fine and they reload but this is an opportunity for others.

With the turnover, specifically at QB, at the elites, I think there’s an excellent opportunity for some second tier teams to seize the moment. Looking at you Michigan, Penn St, A&M, Florida, UNC.

I’d love a breakdown of OSU. I know their receivers are just fine and they reload but this is an opportunity for others.
I feel like I’ve done this and it usually ends with the new QB at Bama hoisting another trophy but....the kid in waiting, is it just forgone that he’s the starter basically? I’m just not totally sold yet

It's got to be better than the Dome. I saw Ole Miss beat Tulane 38-0 circa 1994, and the only excitement was my date stealing an instrument from the TU band and performing a little solo a couple sections over.

There were about 2,500 there.

It's got to be better than the Dome. I saw Ole Miss beat Tulane 38-0 circa 1994, and the only excitement was my date stealing an instrument from the TU band and performing a little solo a couple sections over.

There were about 2,500 there.
We used to call it the mausoleum instead of the dome. It was awful for Tulane games. Back on campus saved them. It really is a cool place to see a game. I feel like I’ve been to many tulane vs ole miss games in the dome. One time the lights went out, I was very young

Back