• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Is it me or did Pederson Just Throw That Game

lvmike32

Played a small Eagles ML line bet toward end of Q3 because it looked like they could move the ball better and Smith couldn't move and throw. Obviously a mistake.

But wow, never seen anything like the 4Q. Don't kick the FG to tie in Q4 from 4th Goal at 4, then take Hurts out for Sudfeld. I mean if you tie it there, Washington doesn't look like they can score again and Hurts likely makes a play with his legs at some point. I was shocked but then I guess they get a better draft pick by losing and they have no love for NYG. So probably shouldn't be too surprised. But if I'm the players busting my butt to win for 3 quarters I've lost all respect for Pederson.

I'm an Eagles fan and that shit pissed me off. They win that game if they keep Hurts in. I guess in the long run it's better as we get 6th pick vs 9th... but still, it's the principal for me. BS.

That was weird. Hurts had no clue throwing the ball and it was iffy the Eagles win if he stayed in but they had a much, much better chance to do so w/ him in the game. Neither he nor Sudfeld was going to do anything in the air but at least Hurts keep that d-line honest with his running ability and, with the latter, there's always a chance to break off a 30-yard play at any time. Sudfeld has the mobility of a house plant and wasn't going to do that.

So, yes, really weird.

Very odd stuff to say the least not to mention now Hurts has to wonder if he has the backing of the coach being pulled in the 4th of a 1 score game bc pederson says nates been w us 4 years he deserved an opportunity to get done snaps? That doesn’t sound like trying to win to me

Why should Philadelphia care about winning? The game means nothing to it. It's the same thing imo as when you pull starters in a preseason game even if the starters had been "fighting" or whatever to win. It benefits the team to give its backups a chance...especially at the quarterback position...to see what they offer. It seems like people are seeing some kind of conspiracy or whatever...

Bizarre for sure, after 3-6 snaps for Sudfeld and we all knew he wasn't that good. For the integrity of the game, would have liked to see Hurts get a chance to go win it. So, think about it, the Rams, Cards, and Giants/Wash all had their playoff chances decided with a back up QB at the helm. Or in some cases, the back-ups back-up.

I don't know if he threw the game but he definitely didn't having winning at the top of his agenda.

Ok disclaimer i'm a Redskin fan, but really you know what you have in Sudfeld already....career backup. Made no sense to pull Hurts, he's the one with a future and needs the reps. Also not kicking the FG on 4th and goal from the 4 was ridiculous.

Ok disclaimer i'm a Redskin fan, but really you know what you have in Sudfeld already....career backup. Made no sense to pull Hurts, he's the one with a future and needs the reps. Also not kicking the FG on 4th and goal from the 4 was ridiculous.

Is his future as Philly‘s starting QB set though?

Wentz should be playing QB for the Eagles anyway. Looks like they've given up on him but Hurts is definitely not the answer.

Wentz should be playing QB for the Eagles anyway. Looks like they've given up on him but Hurts is definitely not the answer.

Hurts is definitely the answer, Brewers, you‘re crazy. Or didn‘t you hear that for next year they banned throwing the ball downfield?

The Eagles have so many problems, OL, WR, secondary that it is hard to tell if any qb could produce with them right now. I'm happy for the Skins, they have achieved as well as possible this year with the players they have. Defense has been solid, and what Del Rio has done with their patchwork secondary is completely amazing. Fuller had to move from slot to outside, Darby far exceeded anything he has ever done and became reliable, and Curl really turned out to be a find at safety. DL is solid, and got good performance form LB group. One and done in the playoffs most likely, but nice for Alex Smith to get in and their younger players will at least get some further experience in the playoffs.

Yes, they threw the game.

Birds hate the Giants more than any other team in their division.

Pedo just doing his due diligence and not letting them into the playoffs.

That being said, I can't stand the dude.

Why would Pederson remotely want to put next season, in which his job will likely be on the line, in the hands of Jalen Hurts at QB?

Might as well resign as opposed to that mess.

Last thing he needed was some heroic Hurts comeback to end the season.

Atleast the report of Sudfeld getting snaps was true.

Attachments

• B90B135B-7EAE-48A5-B890-3CD40D6292B9.png
    B90B135B-7EAE-48A5-B890-3CD40D6292B9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
As far as my bet goes, I'll paraphrase an Airplane movie quote "Looks like I picked a bad time to bet the Eagles live". Luckily it was small (because Hurts was playing badly passing wise no doubt). But my one point going forward would be this - if the NFL is going to align itself more and more with sports betting and gambling, then they will need to better ensure the integrity of games like this, especially one they purposely moved to put on in Prime Time TV. I actually don't have that big a problem with it, but just the timing. Play Sudfeld the whole fucking game then and announce that's what you're going to do before the game.

It was a preseason game for Eagles. I think Pederson obviously has a huge heart for Washington coach and qb. That’s it. It was ez $ for the football team. Enough said...it will be interesting vs Brady

I can’t say I absolutely hated going for it on 4th. I mean it wasn’t win and in for Eagles.
But pulling Hurts was dogshit. So was the Giants Coach kinda speaking on it today I saw. Maybe he is using that for motivation, but

Yes, they threw the game.

Birds hate the Giants more than any other team in their division.

Pedo just doing his due diligence and not letting them into the playoffs.

That being said, I can't stand the dude.
2nd statement is facts

A cheery way to go into the offseason......

Eagles players were "shocked" and "outraged" by head coach Doug Pederson's decision to bench Jalen Hurts in Week 17 against Washington.​

Two defensive players had to be held back from approaching Pederson after the QB change. Hurts was reportedly distraught about the decision to yank him in favor of Nate Sudfeld with the team trialing Washington by three points. The Eagles lost 20-14. Pederson defended the decision to bench Hurts so Sudfeld could get some playing time in a meaningless Week 17 game. He revised his reasoning the following day and rambled about offensive struggled with Hurts under center. Miles Sanders expressed frustration with Pederson's decision in a Tuesday interview. "If I'm being honest, nobody liked the decision. Nobody," he said. Having alienated his players at the tail end of a disastrous season, it's reasonable to question whether the team can bring Pederson back in 2021. Unless, of course, Pederson was told to lose the game. The Eagles have the sixth pick in the 2021 NFL draft; they would've had the ninth pick if they had beaten Washington.

The Associated Press reports Carson Wentz is "hopeful (his time with the Eagles) won’t end in a divorce."​

The AP reports Wentz nevertheless "needs time away to think about his future" after being benched for the final four games of 2020. Be that as it may, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the sides will begin talking this week. Wentz has an uncuttable contract. It could be traded, but it would be extraordinarily complex. From Wentz's deal to Jalen Hurts' intriguing but imperfect late-season cameo, there are a million moving parts here. It could be months before there is a resolution.

6/5/2019: Signed a four-year extension bringing total contract to six years and $154 million. The deal includes $107 million guaranteed. 2019-2024: Under Contract; 2025: Free Agent

GL trying to unload that contract......

Played a small Eagles ML line bet toward end of Q3 because it looked like they could move the ball better and Smith couldn't move and throw. Obviously a mistake.

But wow, never seen anything like the 4Q. Don't kick the FG to tie in Q4 from 4th Goal at 4, then take Hurts out for Sudfeld. I mean if you tie it there, Washington doesn't look like they can score again and Hurts likely makes a play with his legs at some point. I was shocked but then I guess they get a better draft pick by losing and they have no love for NYG. So probably shouldn't be too surprised. But if I'm the players busting my butt to win for 3 quarters I've lost all respect for Pederson.

going from 9 to 6 in draft shouldn’t be reason enough to destroy the integrity of the game, guess it was for them. Pathetic.

What a cry baby. Where's his criticism of his own team for winning a measly 6 games. Look at yourself before you look at other teams.

i mean sure that true, doesn’t mean he wrong tho. What Philly did was a huge kick in the nuts to the integrity of the league.

i mean sure that true, doesn’t mean he wrong tho. What Philly did was a huge kick in the nuts to the integrity of the league.
Giants getting in at 6-10 would have been a much bigger kick, like ten yard kickoff run up kick to the nuts

Giants getting in at 6-10 would have been a much bigger kick, like ten yard kickoff run up kick to the nuts

i don’t see much difference between 6-10 and 7-9 getting in? Surely don’t think either deserve it and have no empathy for giants. Still sickens me what Eagles did.

i don’t see much difference between 6-10 and 7-9 getting in? Surely don’t think either deserve it and have no empathy for giants. Still sickens me what Eagles did.
Pederson will absolutely get fired if Hurts is his starting QB going into next season. What would you do as a coach? Win a game and concede your future? They need a QB and have some trade equity with Wentz, Hurts would destroy your career. Debunk that fast if you like your job.

Is there really much of a difference between Sudfeld and Hurts. The bigger deal to me is how they've treated Wentz benching him for a clearly inferior guy.

I think Wentz to Denver makes some sense with the pick they can give up as opposed to Indy. And I think he'd do well there.

Pederson will absolutely get fired if Hurts is his starting QB going into next season. What would you do as a coach? Win a game and concede your future? They need a QB and have some trade equity with Wentz, Hurts would destroy your career. Debunk that fast if you like your job.

pretty sure I would do my job and try to win the game. No clue how letting hurts try to win that game impacts him either way going forward? Philly a total mess regardless. Cant see any way they bring Wentz back as starter and have any success? It clear nobody in that locker room believes in him. I agree Hurts ain’t the answer either. I dunno wtf they can do at this point? Regardless it shouldn’t have impacted them trying their best to win that game as we are supposed to expect in the nfl!!

Back