• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Is Dennis Green Justified in being upset?

52wingman

Dennis Green is really pissed about Leinart not being in camp yet. He has now gone public with his displeasure. Is he right in hanging his rookie QB out to dry? Just thoughts here.

:money2:

I think he needs to do whatever he can to get into camp. I think Leinart isn't only being perceived by the public to being "Hollywood" but also by Green. Get into camp and get the job done.

Leinart is going to have to come to the realization that he was the 10th pick and not the 1st pick in the draft...

He wanted to go back to take ballroom dancing and be "Joe Hollywood" in Cali...If he woulda come out like he was supposed to when he's an absolute lock to be the first pick, it woulda been a no brainer...instead, fucking Alex Smith was the first pick...ALEX SMITH

He knew Bush was coming out for sure, so it's his own dumbass fault...

He needs to stop being a three year old and get his ass in camp...everybody knows that Warner won't make it through a year and Navarre is terrible...the writings on the wall, but he and Condon are the only ones that can't see it..

Last edited:
JumpOnBoard said:
Leinart is going to have to come to the realization that he was the 10th pick and not the 1st pick in the draft...

He wanted to go back to take ballroom dancing and be "Joe Hollywood" in Cali...If he woulda come out like he was supposed to when he's an absolute lock to be the first pick, it woulda been a no brainer...instead, fucking Alex Smith was the first pick...ALEX SMITH

He knew Bush was coming out for sure, so it's his own dumbass fault...

He needs to stop being a three year old and get his ass in camp...everybody knows that Warner won't make it through a year and Navarre is terrible...the writings on the wall, but he and Condon are the only ones that can't see it..

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. He needs to get in camp or go start his acting career.

I agree. Especially about him falling to #10. Luck of the draw in the draft. Prob should have gone higher, but after the the first 2, nobody needed him. Not his fault, but he expects someone to pay him like a #1 with all the up front money. Not gonna happen. Sets a presendence NFL teams don't want have to deal with.

POSTED 8:52 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:03 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2006
LEINART DEAL DONE
A league source tells us that Cardinals first-round pick Matt Leinart has agreed to terms.
Per the source, the deal includes $14 million in guaranteed money on a six-year deal worth more than $50 million.

Denny Green should shut his pie hole. QB's are different breeds when it comes to negotiations, Green should know that.

Leinhart got a great deal. Cutler's agent (Bus Cook) also did a good job, he just didn't have the leverage that Leinhart had. Also, the Cardinals are NOTORTIOUS for being one of the more difficult teams to deal with in the NFL.

there is something about Leinart that doesn't jive with me. Hes a statue in the pocket for one, he throws wounded ducks that will be begging to get picked in the NFL, and his actions/looks suggest he may have a serious problem with marijuana (not that all NFL players don't but I dont want my QB to be a stoner)

"and his actions/looks suggest he may have a serious problem with marijuana"

Now that's funny. :cheers:

red flags get raised when you pass on being the #1 pick so you can take ballroom dancing and goof off another year. Thats like staying home and going to community college another year when you have a scholarship to Stanford. He just probably wanted another year to smoke carefree before having to learn a crazy NFL offense.

Denny Green needs to realize the 9ers are going to come in and lay a whooping on his boys week 1.

WOOT WOOT

I don't like the golden boy but he's got a better gig going on that VY ever will in the NFL. He basically got #3 money... and is surrounded by talent years ahead of Tenny's.

That's fine but he still has avg arm strength and looks like a statue behind the pocket.

There's a reason why he fell all the way to #10.

Back