• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Injury & Roster News

Theo Wease, a highly-touted WR, is out indefinitely for the Sooners.

A 5-star guy who was expected to be a starter and showed last year he had the talent to be a star

Rutgers CB Patrice Rene out vs Temple (26 starts 5y at UNC, first year at Rutgers)

“As far as Patrice Rene, he got an injury,” Schiano said. “We’re hopeful that he returns soon but he won’t be able to play this weekend.”

UTEP's #1 RB Deion Hankins left the week 0 game and is not practicing so far this week. UTEP has the very capable Ronald Awatt and Quardraiz Wadley behind him. Hankins is a guy UTEP will want to have available vs their tougher games (Bethune-Cookman this week).

Update on Carson Strong. This is from last week. After sitting out some of fall camp following some healing complications to his knee scope, he returned to practice last week.

Texas State signed 21 transfers this season and I'm pretty sure zero high school kids! 75% of the transfers will be in the 2-deep.

The depth chart was released on Tuesday, revealing 10 new starters: six on defense and four on offense. Three of those offensive starters are on the offensive line with center Charles Fletcher, guards Kyle Hergel and Dobson, and slot receiver Chandler Speights. The new defensive starters are defensive tackle Nick McCann, cornerbacks D.C. Williams and Michael LoVett III, safety Troy Lefeged Jr., and linebackers London Harris and Coleman.

Jarron Morris, a 2020 all-conference second-team selection who has started 34 games the last three years, was listed second team on the depth chart. Spavital attributed this move to injuries and the addition of several transfers.
“(Morris) sat out the entire fall camp,” Spavital said. “He ended up coming back a little bit last week, so we put him in at the end of fall camp. Last week was his first week kind of moving around. You are going to see him playing. You will. We play a lot of (defensive backs) but just for the starters going out there, we’ve got to put the guys out there that have repped it the most.”

App State reserve RB Daetrich Harrington is targeting Sun Belt play to return. He led the team in rushing through the first 5 games before a knee injury. Rushed for 595 in 5 starts up to that point. Cameron Peoples took over from there (1124 yards 2020) and is #1 RB now.

Illinois starting quarterback Brandon Peters has returned to practice after leaving last week's season-opening win against Nebraska with left shoulder injury.

Peters, who suffered the injury to his non-throwing shoulder in the first quarter, has been throwing passes this week. Illinois coach Bret Bielema said the sixth-year senior should return "sooner than later," although likely not for Saturday's game against UTSA.

Rutgers transfer Art Sitkowski, who replaced Peters against Nebraska, would get the start at quarterback against the Roadrunners.

Nabers WR for LSU is out. Might not matter, but the names he was jumping as a true freshman to start definitely turns heads for those in the recruiting world. Should be ok, but am anxious to see him play to be starting before all those all yoinked bucks

No one else officially reporting this yet, but the rumor has been out for about 4 hours now and no Ohio St site is shooting it down....that OSU center Harry Miller did not make the trip to Minnesota and 2nd yr frosh Luke Wypler will start at center for Ohio St tonight.

Nabers WR for LSU is out. Might not matter, but the names he was jumping as a true freshman to start definitely turns heads for those in the recruiting world. Should be ok, but am anxious to see him play to be starting before all those all yoinked bucks
Is Stingley not 100% to start the season?

Injury updates from twitter:

#Gophers running back Mo Ibrahim will have season-ending surgery from his lower-leg injury sustained in season-opening loss to #Buckeyes, head coach PJ Fleck said Monday.

Michigan WR Ronnie Bell is out for the season with a knee injury. Big blow to the Wolverines offense.

UTEP Coach Dana Dimel says RB Deion Hankins will NOT play Friday night at Boise State. Hankins left the Miners’ season-opener at New Mexico State with shoulder injury. Dimel adding that Hankins is expected back the following week against New Mexico.

Jedd Fisch says he’s hopeful wide receiver Jamarye Joiner and left tackle Jordan Morgan will be available for the San Diego State game.

Lake says Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan and Terrell Bynum are week-to-week.
^those are some of Washington's top receivers. Additionally they lost another WR on the first play last week, Ja;Lynn Polk will be out a while.

Kalani Sitake said that Gunner Romney is doubtful for the Utah game, but NOT out for the season.

Bret Bielema: Chase (Brown) will be cleared and good to go this week. At least he is heading into Tuesday's practice. #Illini

Jeff Monken said QB Tyhier Tyler's injury, "is not a serious injury. It may slow him down or hold him out of the game this weekend. We don't know. It's such a fresh injury. It's not anything that's going to be a long-term deal, which is great." #ArmyFootball
^Army has a ton of good and experienced QBs this year

Status of Temple QB D’Wan Mathis is week-to-week according to Coach Rod Carey. Freshman Justin Lynch will start if Mathis can’t go against Akron on Saturday. Tight end David Martin-Robinson also out for a couple months due to shoulder injury he suffered at Rutgers.

Iowa State was without two of its starters from a season ago during its season-opening win over Northern Iowa on Saturday. All American tight end Charlie Kolar missed the game due to a right ankle injury and Sean Shaw — who started eight games last season — missed the game reportedly due to an upper-body injury. Both were dressed for Saturday’s game but did not take the field.

After the game, Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell gave a status update on both Kolar and Shaw as Iowa State turns its attention to the Cy-Hawk game next Saturday. The coach started with an update on Kolar.

"My hope is he'll be back,” Campbell said. “We felt like [he] was probably really close to playing today. And he tweaked his ankle a couple of weeks ago. And he's been pretty relentless on trying to be able to play. I think he was probably really close to being able to play and just wasn't ready yet."

And Shaw, does he have a timetable for a return?
“Sean is probably a couple weeks away,” Campbell said. “Sean had offseason surgery, he's probably closer than not. I would say, still probably not ready to go next week. But I would say maybe after that, we'll be getting a little bit closer. But Sean's done a great job in terms of kind of getting himself back ready to rock and roll for sure."

Iowa State was almost able to leave the opener without any additional injuries that were visible, but O'Rien Vance went down in the third quarter after he rushed the passer. Vance stayed down on the field for a few moments but slowly walked off the field under his own power.

"I think he will be okay,” Campbell said. “It was a little bit of a hamstring deal. I don't think it's one of those things that I'm globally concerned about and I don't feel like our staff is. I think we'll probably know a lot more tomorrow. But really positive. He was walking around pretty good inside. And again, where's the positive? Gerry Vaughn comes in and played outstanding and I think he's been waiting for his opportunities. So really proud of him as well."

All three players played important roles on last year's team and will be important figures this season. Vance is a multi-year starter at MIKE linebacker and is someone Campbell praised for his offseason work ahead of the season. Shaw is a big-bodied receiver that offers a wide catch radius and is one of Iowa State's top run blockers at the wide receiver position. Kolar has established himself as one of, if not the top tight end in college football. The two-time All-American reshaped his body ahead of the season.

Run down on some injuries from twitter and beyond:

Will Anderson’s lower leg injury is not believed to be serious, sources tell The Athletic. I’m sure he’ll have additional tests at some point, but as of now it’s not feared to be a major injury.

USC WR Drake London "tweaked his back" on his fourth-quarter TD catch, Clay Helton says, but it's not expected to keep him out against Washington State

Skylar Thompson update: Sources say the senior quarterback is expected to play again this season after yesterday’s scary knee injury
^ hurt in 1st H last game, K St came from behind to win with backup QB

BC quarterback Phil Jurkovec has undergone tests on his injured right wrist
^ hurt in 1st Q last game

Matt Campbell says O'Rien Vance is "day to day." Campbell said he did some running yesterday.
^ ISU's third leading returning tackler, DNP vs Iowa

Broussard suffered an injury in the third quarter and walked off the field under his own power in Saturday's loss to Texas A&M. Before leaving the game, he rushed 12 times for 51 yards and a touchdown and caught one pass for one yard.

Standout senior #WSU cornerback Jaylen Watson has his left arm in a sling on the sideline. We hadn't seen him for the past few possessions. Watson is one of the Cougars' best players overall.
^CB Chris Jackson has yet to play this year as well.

#OKState defensive end Trace Ford will miss the remainder of the season with another torn ACL, this time on his other knee, according to his mom. Injury happened in practice this week.

Beamer said during his coaches show, which is taped immediately after the game, that Doty could have played against the Pirates if he was needed, which is slightly different than what he told members of the media.

But on Sunday, after going through a brief practice, Beamer is still confident that Doty will be available against Georgia this Saturday.

Ball St RB Tye Evans (leg) sat out vs Penn St and LB Brandon Martin (knee) has not played yet this season. Status unknown for upcoming game.

Minnesota WR Chris Autman-Bell has yet to play this season and starting S Jordan Howden DNP vs MiamiO.

Stanford WR Michael Wilson has not played yet this season.

Nebraska WRs Oliver Martin and Omar Manning both DNP last week.

Ohio State S Josh Proctor left the game and CB Sevyn Banks has not played yet this season.

Wake Forest starting S Nasir Greer has not played yet this season.

Wisconsin played without two starters in the secondary vs EMich. CB Faion Hicks and S Collin Wilder DNP.

North Carolina State - 1st Tm LB Payton Wilson and FSU transfer and starting S Cyrus Fagan both out for the year.

FSU - former starting OL Dontae Lucas no longer with team (14 starts 2019-20 - was backup this season)

BC - K Aaron Boumerhi out for the year

VT - TE James Mitchell out for the year. Was third leading receiver last year, caught 3-36-TD vs UNC

Ohio Bobcats were without both starting Guards Hagen Meserv or Kurt Danneker. One of their best WRs Isiah Cox DNP again. WR Jerome Buckner had big game 1 (7rec-102y), injured his shoulder (0 catches vs Duquense). They also played witout starting LB Keye Thompson and top reserve LB Jeremiah Wood. CB Justin Birchette who started last year and week 1, DNP last week.

Akron QB Kato Nelson hurt vs Temple

Houston using CB Marcus Jones to boost WR unit:
The Marcus Jones offensive experiment continued Saturday night.

For the second straight game, coach Dana Holgorsen inserted Jones into UH’s offensive game plan. But unlike the season opener against Texas Tech when he was used as a two-way player, Jones played exclusively on offense in the 44-7 win over Rice.

“We felt like we could handle Rice defensively without him,” Holgorsen said. “We were looking for a little spark on offense.”

Jones, considered one of the nation’s top cornerbacks and All-American punt returner, finished with four catches for 51 yards. Most of his yardage came on a pair of big plays – 19- and 29-yard catches that set up a field goal in the first quarter.

“We couldn’t get him loose,” Holgorsen said. “We got him loose once on a vertical route. Him tracking the ball downfield is as impressive as I’ve seen. It’s why he’s such a good punt returner.”

Holgorsen joked that Jones was bored on the sideline in the season opener when UH had a 16-play drive that chewed up 8 1/2 minutes off the clock. There was plenty of work Saturday. Jones was targeted eight times by quarterback Clayton Tune, the second most on the team behind receiver Nathaniel Dell (10).

Holgorsen has never had a two-way player during his nearly 30-year coaching career. For that reason, he plans to remain cautious how much he uses Jones.

“It’s going to be a week-to-week thing,” Holgorsen said. “I wish we had two of him, where he could cover people all the time and we could use him at slot all the time. There’s only one of him. We’ve got to be careful with him. He helped us and made a couple of big plays.”

Jones played wide receiver in high school. He could not remember the last time he did not play defense in a game.

“I was excited being on the other side of the ball,” Jones said. “Some games if I have to play defense or offense, it’s whatever coach wants. Any way I can help the team I’m down for it.”

Improved depth at cornerback this season has allowed the Cougars to use Jones on offense. His replacement, Art Green, had an interception against Rice.

“We actually have depth at corner,” Jones said. “Corner is one of those positions you have to have a good mindset and have to be right mentally.”

Will have to see if Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore is a go vs Pitt. Injured vs Michigan, MRI negative, DNP vs ILL St. Not sure what his status is. Or they let him heal up until Oct 2nd for MAC play. Without Moore WM is without it's top 2 WRs from last year.

Injury updates from twitter:

True Frosh Mukuba from Texas has started the first two games to rave reviews, but the loss of Zanders certainly diminishes the quality of the safety group as a whole. Zanders was limited b/c of shoulder injury most of last year, so Mukuba/Turner this year should be better than Turner/Zanders last year. Mukuba beat out 6th-year senior Turner, but Turner will take Zanders's spot at the other safety position.

True Frosh Mukuba from Texas has started the first two games to rave reviews, but the loss of Zanders certainly diminishes the quality of the safety group as a whole. Zanders was limited b/c of shoulder injury most of last year, so Mukuba/Turner this year should be better than Turner/Zanders last year. Mukuba beat out 6th-year senior Turner, but Turner will take Zanders's spot at the other safety position.
First time a true freshman safety has started the opener for Clemson since freshman eligibility was reinstated in the early '70's.

They are probably ok without him...Rice, Stanley and Arias being the top 3 receivers now, but hope was that Shenault would have bigger impact this year.

Scott Frost looked down the sideline in the third quarter of Nebraska's 28-3 win over Buffalo and saw “a bunch of our best players” out of action.
NU’s top two tight ends and three of its top receivers either got hurt before the game or during it.
The Huskers managed OK without them against a MAC team, but No. 3 Oklahoma presents a different challenge Saturday.
Frost wants tight ends Austin Allen and Travis Vokolek — plus receivers Oliver Martin, Omar Manning and Zavier Betts — good to go for the Sooners. He didn’t rule any of them out, but he’d like to know quickly if they’re in.
“Those are some of our most talented skill guys and we need them back, and I know they’re working hard to get back on the field,” Frost said.

UTEP's #1 RB Deion Hankins left the week 0 game and is not practicing so far this week. UTEP has the very capable Ronald Awatt and Quardraiz Wadley behind him. Hankins is a guy UTEP will want to have available vs their tougher games (Bethune-Cookman this week).
He looked great. It was 10-3 and UTEP with UTEP down on the 3 or so of Boise. Awatt had gashed Boise on the drive. UTEP kicks fg instead of letting Awatt have 4 chances. I can't remember if they even gave him one chance

Also going to have to do a little research, do we know why Utah/SDSU is playing at LA GALAXY ARENA?

I think they are moving into their new stadium next year and they demolished Qualcomm earlier than they were supposed to.
SDSU playing all home games there? Plenty of places they could play in SD and not have to go to LA

Colorado St WR Dante Wright has not practiced this week yet and has a brace on his knee. According to rotowire.com he has had 17 targets in 2 games this year.

Will have to see if Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore is a go vs Pitt. Injured vs Michigan, MRI negative, DNP vs ILL St. Not sure what his status is. Or they let him heal up until Oct 2nd for MAC play. Without Moore WM is without it's top 2 WRs from last year.

Skyy Moore was also out last week against Illinois State but Lester said Moore is fully healthy now and ready to play against his hometown Pitt Panthers. Moore seconded that sentiment, adding that the mental aspect of recovering from an injury was what he was really focusing on this week.

“Mentally, that’s probably the biggest part of it (injury recovery),” Moore said. “Being able to be confident in the way I move naturally is a big part of coming back but I think I’m there. I feel like I’m mentally able to go out and just be me.”

A couple injuries to monitor which might influence how one views certain matchups:

Washington State's best CB Jaylen Watson status unknown (arm in sling last game) - twitter to check - @SpokesmanClark

North Texas RB DeAndre Torrey (left game, coach declining comment) - twitter to check - @brettvito

Some info on San Diego State backup QB Lucas Johnson:
SDSU is confident backup quarterback Lucas Johnson can seamlessly replace Brookshire.

“With all the work that we’ve done with Lucas, Lucas is ready to go,” SDSU offensive coordinator Jeff Hecklinski said in a radio interview following Thursday’s practice. “We look for a great game from Lucas.”

Johnson’s only start for SDSU came last year at Nevada, where he guided the Aztecs to a 21-16 halftime lead while both throwing and running for touchdowns.

A hamstring injury limited him in the second half of a 26-21 loss to the Wolf Pack, and prevented Johnson from playing the remainder of the season.

The graduate transfer from Georgia Tech was on the cusp of making an impact there before being sidelined by a foot and shoulder injuries.

“It’s always been Lucas’ injury history that’s kind of kept him from really taking off,” Hecklinski said. “Lucas has a great grasp of what we’re doing. I don’t look for any changes (on offense). ...

“That’s the position we’ve put ourselves in in our quarterback room is to be able to operate the exact same way and on the same offense, regardless of who’s at quarterback.

“I think the team feels really good with Lucas and is ready to go.”

Might this also be when SDSU fans get their first glimpse of highly regarded freshman quarterback Will Haskell?

SDSU coaches said before the season began they have a package for Haskell that could give him an opportunity to make an impact.

CSU shorthanded. The Rams will be without two defensive standouts — safety Logan Stewart and linebacker Tavian Brown — in the first half against Toledo as the result of targeting personal foul ejections in the Vanderbilt loss. The Coloradoan also reported that receiver Dante Wright and safety Tywan Francis did not practice Tuesday or Wednesday this week while nursing undisclosed injuries. Francis is CSU’s leading tackler (20) and Wright is the team’s top downfield passing threat. Do the Rams have enough depth to compete?
CSU twitter to check for Wright update if needed @Kevin_Lytle

Last edited:
Getting caught up on Tuesday:

#Purdue injury update: WR David Bell (concussion protocol) WR Mershawn Rice (foot) out DL DJ Washington out TE Jack Cravaack (knee) out for the season. CB Cory Trice (ankle) 2-4 week timeline
^ Bell is obviously the really important one. Trice is a starter at CB. Rice has 6 catches the last 2 games with 1 TD.

Big injury news for UCF. QB Dillon Gabriel suffered a fractured clavicle on the final play in the loss last night vs. Louisville. Surgery is NOT required. He's expected out for an indefinite period of time.

#UCF RB Isaiah Bowser is week-to-week after taking a big blow to his knee early against Louisville, Malzahn said.

Manny Diaz said D'Eriq King is questionable with a shoulder injury. "I never bet against that guy because he was already like Willis Reed (on Sat), but I'm concerned about D'Eriq. He's been thru 3 physical games." Said they're repping backup QBs Van Dyke, Garcia to get 'em ready.

On TrojansLive just now, #USC interim coach Donte Williams said Jaxson Dart is day-to-day with his right knee and they are holding him out for precautionary reasons.

X-rays and an MRI for Kedon Slovis came back negative. Donte Williams expects the quarterback to practice this week.

On Monday evening on his radio call-in show, Dabo Swinney said that Clemson junior defensive tackle Tyler Davis will be out 7-8 weeks after suffering an unattached bicep tendon vs. Georgia Tech.

Davis will undergo surgery on Tuesday morning.

"Hope to get Davis back for the stretch run at the end of the season," Swinney said.

Nick Rolovich says Jayden de Laura’s status is day by day and is unsure if he’s going to be playing against Utah. “It’s going to be close.”
^Guarantano has been unavailable the last 2 games

Charlotte's Davondre Robinson was held out of the previous two contests with a biceps injury, and it is unclear if he will suit up for the tilt against Middle Tennessee on Friday.

FAU Johnny Ford missed his previous start due to a shoulder injury, and it is unclear if he will take on Air Force on Saturday.
^Ford's not the only option they have

Colorado St Dante Wright missed his previous game due to a knee injury, and it is undetermined if he will take on Iowa on Saturday.

LSU Andre Anthony is sidelined with a knee injury, and he will miss the remainder of the season.
^ 4 TFL this season, tied for second most on team

Texas A&M C Luke Matthews, RB Ainias Smith and S Keldrick Carper are all day-to-day with their injuries, according to Jimbo Fisher.

Getting caught up on Tuesday:

^ Bell is obviously the really important one. Trice is a starter at CB. Rice has 6 catches the last 2 games with 1 TD.

^Guarantano has been unavailable the last 2 games

^Ford's not the only option they have

^ 4 TFL this season, tied for second most on team
Great stuff. Andre Anthony was playing well but his replacement was already playing and might lead the nation in sacks BJ Ojulari

Back