• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

European Hockey, Oct 10th...

charvik

NHL Road Fade Guru
Thought I would start out with Sweden this time:

Frolunda/MoDo

Two teams with decent goal keepers at the moment, with MoDo's Karol Krizan (90.13%, 2.73 GAA) and Frolunda's Joel Gistedt (90.80%, 3.03 GAA). Krizan has had a couple of low scoring games and a shut out in those stats, so you know they can be scored on. The reason this total is low is the reputation of both keepers, but I think there's value in the OVER, Modo's last 5 has all gone over the number, as well as Frolundas last 2.

Frolunda/MoDo OVER 5.5 -105

Linkoping/Mora

I don't see a single lean in this game and will just leave it alone. Both teams are up and down...

Lulea/Djurgarden

Can't get a read on this game either, but leaning Lulea and the over... I will stay away unless I see something interesting on my TiVo'd games.

HIFK/HPK

Both teams are averaging well over 6 goals per game, both overall and on the home/away splits. The only unders is pretty much each teams last game. They played each other tight in 5 games in the play off last year, but still managed to hit the over twice (with the old rules). I have a decent price for a low over.

HIFK/HPK OVER 5.5 -111

Jokerit/TPS

Best team in the league, on home ice, against the worst road team in the league over 5 games not coming close to a point at 10-25 goals... Jokerit should win easily, and will, but the line is horrible, probably to discourage action... I will still bite though.

Jokerit -0.5 -142

JYP/Tappara

Leaning under as these are two teams that like a slower pace. The stats are a bit up and down and the line is -125, so I will pass.

KalPa/Assat

The two bottom teams in the league and both likes games with a lot of scoring allowing/scoring around 6.5 goals per game... I have an odd feeling that this will go a little slower though, based on prior years history between the teams. Pass.

Pelicans/Karpat

Pelicans is too irratic right now, so I will pass this game. Lean would be Karpat and Over...

SaiPa/Blues

Blues are in a little slump, but SaiPa never got out of theirs... Two teams playing crappy hockey right now. I'll pass this too...

Record:

Finnish Sides 8-4-5
Finnish Totals 10-9
Swedish Sides 10-6-1
Swedish Totals 4-4
SWE/FIN YTD 32-23-6, 8.98 units

NHL Sides 4-4
NHL Totals 4-2
NHL Salami 2-1
NHL YTD 10-7, 1.65 units

Plays:

Frolunda/MoDo OVER 5.5 -105
HIFK/HPK OVER 5.5 -111
Jokerit -0.5 -142

Thanks! Off to a good start of the European season... let's hope it stays that way...

:cheers:

Good luck Charvik, I'm leaning towards Tappara and will probably pull the trigger on Trinec, Zilina and Martin tonight. No time for writeups though.

Satyr said:
Good luck Charvik, I'm leaning towards Tappara and will probably pull the trigger on Trinec, Zilina and Martin tonight. No time for writeups though.

Yeah, Tappara looks to be a good play, but JYP is playing so up and down lately that I was hesitant to pull the trigger myself.

Good luck!

yeah, I think he's out for another 3 games at least...

Blues with a score... low scoring so far today...

Well, Jokerit did nothing with that PP. They better pick it up. TPS has been playing better of late, I think, but JOkerit should be beating them.

I totally agree.... oh well, let's hope for more scoring in the 2nd... seems like all the games are slower today... SaiPa with a score though to make it 1-1 against Blues.

charvik said:
I totally agree.... oh well, let's hope for more scoring in the 2nd... seems like all the games are slower today... SaiPa with a score though to make it 1-1 against Blues.

The -1 was -105, at which point I should have taken it. It skyrocketed up to -119. I felt so confident with it, that I took them straight uP! Whoops...:spank:

Oh well. They better do something here. GIving up those two PP to start hurt them.

True... well, it's still early so I am not too worried yet...

HPK with a quick score in the 2nd...

shakes said:
Um...X 2.5 That's how much I thought Jokerit should be dominating this match.

yeah, you're right... I wasn't too concerned laying -0.5 early and then -1 today... let's hope for a quick comeback.:drink:

Every time Jokerit has been on the PP they have created nothing and then got a 2 min of their own right after or during... this score was 4 on 4 and a break away...

I just saw that Jani Hurme is in goal for TPS... contrary to what I heard...:spank: :hairout:

I need 3 scores in the HIFK-HPK game and at least 3 scores by Jokerit in the 3rd... ouch...

shakes said:
Piece of crap. Oh well. That's alot of money I wont see again.

It's hockey, so things can happen quickly... and you only need 2 scores to push your ML play

2-2 HIFK-HPK, 15 mins left... Hoping for a quick score for either team which would give me a shot at an empty netter...

Back