• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Early Superbowl matchups.

skanless13

We come in peace
Though some may hate this, I always feel it's interesting to try and predict Superbowl matchups week by week to see how they change and how accurate we might be... it's always interesting to look back at these.
Should have done this week 1, but better late than never.

Before season, my prediction was Ravens v 9ers.

4 weeks ago it was KC v GB.

Now after week 7: KC v TB.

How about you all?

That would be my current as well...

Three weeks ago, it would have been GB vs KC.

Chiefs vs Packers.

Packers need Aaron Jones back. They look way better with him in the lineup.

KC / TB looks like a solid possibility but last year after week 8, NE was the clear favorite at around +140.

Titans vs niners

niners are too fucked up ain’t they? Suffering the losing the prior year SB curse that haunts the nfc it seems.

It gotta be tampa or seattle in nfc at this point me thinks. Need to see how much seattle defense improves with adams back and adding Dunlap. The way they played d so far feels like they be ripe to get upset but I think they will improve quite a bit over the next month.

I suppose I have 4 teams (I’m a cheater) cause feels like kc or steelers in afc. Very bold of me saying the top 2 in each conf, lol.

I suppose for sake of gams I’ll say kc/seattle this week even tho I believe tampa better at this current time w their d and adding AB. I have no short answers, lol!!

niners are too fucked up ain’t they? Suffering the losing the prior year SB curse that haunts the nfc it seems.

It gotta be tampa or seattle in nfc at this point me thinks. Need to see how much seattle defense improves with adams back and adding Dunlap. The way they played d so far feels like they be ripe to get upset but I think they will improve quite a bit over the next month.

I suppose I have 4 teams (I’m a cheater) cause feels like kc or steelers in afc. Very bold of me saying the top 2 in each conf, lol.

I suppose for sake of gams I’ll say kc/seattle this week even tho I believe tampa better at this current time w their d and adding AB. I have no short answers, lol!!
Yeah. Niners are done now. Between injuries and now half of who is left w covid can’t see them getting thru it. They are without their starting qb, top 2 rb, te, a few receivers, Sherman, and bosa among others lol

Seattle is the trendy pick. Everyone saying them or tb. I still think a dark horse emerges

I just don’t think any other teams in the nfc are all that good. I could definitely see Philly winning East w 6 wins but being more healthy at end (although they never get healthy) and causing one the favs some issues, maybe. I love me some zona and appreciate the guy who posted them but think they prob still another year away. I don’t think they trendy per say, I just think those 2 are clearly better than most the other nfc “contenders”. Assuming Seattle’s defense vastly improves as I suspect it will, if they continue playing d in the fashion they are they could def get knocked off by a zona (as we just saw) or a gb, I just can’t believe packers refuse to do anything to make a move when it feels like they so close yet so obviously needed a piece or 2!!! Just sad, I don’t even like Rodgers all that much but I think it sucks how they handling his last few top years!

I’m not discounting your titans in afc either, I’m done being dismissive of them even tho I think steelers looked the better team the majority of that game. Fact is titans still coulda easily stole it if they didn’t have the worst best kicker ever!

I’ve been on KC vs Seattle from the beginning. Will stick with it. But I’m definitely not discounting Tampa. They’re a lot better than I thought they’d be. Have never bought in on Lamar/Balty. Pittsburgh is KCs biggest threat. Tenny has too many issues and Tannehill may start regressing. He looked bad in Cincy last weekend.

I’ve been on KC vs Seattle from the beginning. Will stick with it. But I’m definitely not discounting Tampa. They’re a lot better than I thought they’d be. Have never bought in on Lamar/Balty. Pittsburgh is KCs biggest threat. Tenny has too many issues and Tannehill may start regressing. He looked bad in Cincy last weekend.
I think Tampa might look even scarier when AB takes the field this Sunday night. Seattle d gonna have to get better but I think it will.

I think Tampa might look even scarier when AB takes the field this Sunday night. Seattle d gonna have to get better but I think it will.
Oh no doubt. He’s a great addition if he can keep his shit together. I think Seattle will improve on defense too. And they still have the edge on offense because of Wilson.

Oh no doubt. He’s a great addition if he can keep his shit together. I think Seattle will improve on defense too. And they still have the edge on offense because of Wilson.

I freaking love DK metcalf, how the hell did pats pass on him for Harry? How the hell 8 other wrs go ahead of him? Lol. I understand a few of them at the time and they good but man that kid something different like the greats, size, speed, and will!! I like locket too, metcalf just a freak. And Russ deep throws are perfect for them!!

Man those two are perfect fits there. I saw DK play a few times live in college. He was a monster then too. And they had AJ Brown on the other side. Ridiculous.

After week 9, sticking with KC v TB. Obviously the performance tonight raises some MAJOR concerns about TB on both sides of the ball, and am tempted to switch to KC v NO... but not yet...
I can already picture the NOLA playoff loss in my head. I literally see the drive where they are down late and Brees is dinking and dunkin while time escapes while the entire in-game bitches.

I can already picture the NOLA playoff loss in my head. I literally see the drive where they are down late and Brees is dinking and dunkin while time escapes while the entire in-game bitches.
Hahahahahaha---but true......fml

Ok, I’m switching it up this week:

KC/Minnesota

I don’t see how anybody is going to beat KC. Only way to beat them is to outscore them or have an elite run game/defense. I don’t think anybody fits the latter in the AFC. Pit is 8-0, but their run game sucks and defense is a shell of last year and Mahomes will shred them in the playoffs. I still think Tennessee will be their biggest challenge in AFC.

I’m taking a flyer on Minnesota. If Cook can stay healthy, I think they can compete with anyone. After starting 1-5, I like the way they are trending and their remaining schedule is favorable. They can be the wild card team that catches lightning in a bottle. I thought their defense was bad, but after watching these NFC teams play for 9 weeks now I am not impressed with any of their defenses.

Ok, I’m switching it up this week:

KC/Minnesota

I don’t see how anybody is going to beat KC. Only way to beat them is to outscore them or have an elite run game/defense. I don’t think anybody fits the latter in the AFC. Pit is 8-0, but their run game sucks and defense is a shell of last year and Mahomes will shred them in the playoffs. I still think Tennessee will be their biggest challenge in AFC.

I’m taking a flyer on Minnesota. If Cook can stay healthy, I think they can compete with anyone. After starting 1-5, I like the way they are trending and their remaining schedule is favorable. They can be the wild card team that catches lightning in a bottle. I thought their defense was bad, but after watching these NFC teams play for 9 weeks now I am not impressed with any of their defenses.
That Minnesota offense though....predictable as can be...even with some very good skill position guys...

I've gotta hop off TB. I've seen enough over these past 3 or so games. Brady still can not deal when pressured, and that's not going to stop. I also am not too fond of their secondary. Can't see this team making it to the Superbowl. SO, I will stick with KC... really have no clue about the NFC rep... it could really be 1 of 5 or so teams.
For now, let's go with KC v Rams.

I've gotta hop off TB. I've seen enough over these past 3 or so games. Brady still can not deal when pressured, and that's not going to stop. I also am not too fond of their secondary. Can't see this team making it to the Superbowl. SO, I will stick with KC... really have no clue about the NFC rep... it could really be 1 of 5 or so teams.
For now, let's go with KC v Rams.
Yeah, I see my TB ticket slowly fading away right now...

The NFC is so open. A lot could depend on the draw to be honest.

Green Bay might be the team...at this point...

Back