• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Early Super Bowl Predictions. Year long thread.

skanless13

We come in peace
Did this last year. I think it’s interesting to see who can nail the exact Super Bowl matchup the earliest. I’ll have to check last year thread to see who nailed it

Before week 1 my pick

Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

I've said NFC pretty open ..(at top)

Buffalo vs ... Hmmmmm....

My first one I'll say is Green Bay.

Browns vs niners

(I don’t expect either to look great right away so I’ll just stick with this for month or so at least! Lol),,

I think it’s a rematch from the last real season:

Chiefs vs 9ers

Homer alert but the roster is superior to the 2019 team that was once 8-0 and was up DD in the 4th quarter. The Trey package will prove too much and help them in the red zone where they failed miserable.

Chiefs hopefully learn to stop throwing Vegas wins. It was bad ju ju winning all those games and not covering. Made them have to play downs and minutes in the 4th they shouldn’t have had to. Resulting in the team wobbling into the super bowl.

I think it’s a rematch from the last real season:

Chiefs vs 9ers

Homer alert but the roster is superior to the 2019 team that was once 8-0 and was up DD in the 4th quarter. The Trey package will prove too much and help them in the red zone where they failed miserable.

Chiefs hopefully learn to stop throwing Vegas wins. It was bad ju ju winning all those games and not covering. Made them have to play downs and minutes in the 4th they shouldn’t have had to. Resulting in the team wobbling into the super bowl.

i picked niners so they doomed! lol. i do think they have the roster to compete with tampa and a better coach, dont worry bout packers at all if it comes to those 2, you right bout rodgers having nightmares bout that! his oline getting worse they cant block niners front.. im not sure how i feel bout the qb situation early in the year but i think eventually jimmy get hurt or trey simply win the job at some point and they take off.. i def understand having a trey package but i just domt like the idea of 2 qbs as i think it causes potential problems and/or just be tough for jimmy g.

Rams will struggle in division. Played 2 bottom feeders to start the season.

Bucs or 9ers vs the Chiefs

I actually think Bears D is still pretty good. Not sure about Indy
Hard to take anything from Rams/Indy game yesterday, most teams with a pulse would have beaten the Rams with as easily as Indy moved the ball but the execution and play calling in the red zone cost them a ton

We’ll certainly learn more, not everything but much more, regarding TB vs LAR this weekend. TB offense and run D are top notch, but their secondary is very shaky and injury ridden.

Might change this every week. Titans? Terrible.

Baltimore vs Cardinals

Cardinals offense is ridiculous. Ravens on a revenge tour.

Baltimore vs Cardinals

If cardinals coach would mysteriously disappear id feel better bout their chances! Not only from a x’s amd o’s standpoint but they could rally around him being lost! Lmfao.

I do love this squad tho, as you said the offense is scary good! the defense has bunch of studs at every level also! Feels kinda like them old Peyton colts teams where they can get a lead then pin their ears back coming after your qb! Made a statement today!

Ravens have no chance, harbaugh will get Lamar injured trying to break some stupid record. I’m losing some respect for him, that was just dumb. I don’t think the injuries they had in preseason/camp had anything to do with but he had them trying harder than needed to get that record also! Wtf wrong with him? Next week maybe they will try to kick some 70 yard Fgs! Lol

Last edited:
Browns vs niners

(I don’t expect either to look great right away so I’ll just stick with this for month or so at least! Lol),,

I lied. Bills all day! Think they actually finding a run game that not the qb and the defense seems to have fixed the pass rush?

We see if Jimmy g stays hurt long enough for Lance to get a chance to take over! If that happens I’m ok sticking with niners for now!! This look even worse next week after cards beat them! Lol. I’d change to cards but I don’t wanna be that guy (hunt! Lol).

If cardinals coach would mysteriously disappear id feel better bout their chances! Not only from a x’s amd o’s standpoint but they could rally around him being lost! Lmfao.

I do love this squad tho, as you said the offense is scary good! the defense has bunch of studs at every level also! Feels kinda like them old Peyton colts teams where they can get a lead then pin their ears back coming after your qb! Made a statement today!

Ravens have no chance, harbaugh will get Lamar injured trying to break some stupid record. I’m losing some respect for him, that was just dumb. I don’t think the injuries they had in preseason/camp had anything to do with but he had them trying harder than needed to get that record also! Wtf wrong with him? Next week maybe they will try to kick some 70 yard Fgs! Lol

Yeah, the cardinals only problem right now is kliff but it might not matter when you have that talent.

I agree that was dumb of Harbaugh to do today in those final few minutes. Especially the last 10 seconds. Shit like that will bite you in the ass. But... I like this team and Lamar seems really confident so far this year. I think beating kc kind of propelled them to another level confidence wise.

Cowboys and cardinals great bets right now for the super bowl right now if looking for an nfc squad.

Not seeing the cardinals losing more than 4 games this year.

Kyler and Lamar can go out with season enders any game because of how they play. It's part of the risk.

Yeah, the cardinals only problem right now is kliff but it might not matter when you have that talent.

I agree that was dumb of Harbaugh to do today in those final few minutes. Especially the last 10 seconds. Shit like that will bite you in the ass. But... I like this team and Lamar seems really confident so far this year. I think beating kc kind of propelled them to another level confidence wise.

Cowboys and cardinals great bets right now for the super bowl right now if looking for an nfc squad.

Not seeing the cardinals losing more than 4 games this year.

Yea, I wasnt serious bout ravens not having a chance, just annoyed at harbaugh as I had just seen that. I agree I love the way they built and while i got on Roman a bit to develop some better route concepts in passing game love his run game and did so when he constructed the offense for Kap! the defense can only get healthier.

Not sure I like the idea of Murray being their lead Rb but I suppose early on might as well use up what legs he has left? What happened to the rookie who started the raider game? He looked like he had potential but getting less run every week (don’t think he got one carry today!)., not a huge deal as assume they figure that out.

Cardinals been my new favorite team since about a month of watching Murray his 1st year! I agree Kliff prob don’t matter much as my dog could call plays for Murray, he will fix! Kliff might not even be bad. Just hard to shake the fact I didn’t think he was good in college. They did give the rb’s 30 carries today, addition of Conner was sneaky under the radar helpful. My biggest concern coming into the year was the run game was Murray dependent and we saw the fall off last year after he got banged up. The fact Conner pounding out some short yardage to go with edwards who can hit home runs (in run and passing game) they legit! Always been a fan of Kirk, added Moore, aj lookin more Spry every week. If playoffs started 2narro I wouldn’t bet any nfc team vs them! Long season tho. Lol

Kyler and Lamar can go out with season enders any game because of how they play. It's part of the risk.

As I just said before I saw this. I do think the Conner addition has helped get them a run game that not Kyler dependent. That’s a huge help in general and to his well being. I didn’t see much of today’s gams cause was watching Seattle, were Kyler runs just scrambles? Long as they stick to that and not designed stuff (outside occasionally pulling ball on the mesh) I think he be ok! Hope so anyways, Murray my favorite player to watch even ahead of Lamar, he throws such a pretty ball!

Key thing they finally did was bring in a suitable backup that can play the system much more than what was here before. Not that Colt is anything close to Kyler but he can run Kliff's system if shit hits the fan, much moreso than Hundley could. Highly doubt Kyler can stay healthy all season so be nice to have a backup that can at least run that type of system for a couple weeks if needed.

Key thing they finally did was bring in a suitable backup that can play the system much more than what was here before. Not that Colt is anything close to Kyler but he can run Kliff's system if shit hits the fan, much moreso than Hundley could. Highly doubt Kyler can stay healthy all season so be nice to have a backup that can at least run that type of system for a couple weeks if needed.

Man dude, why so pessimistic on Murray health? He have injury history outside the shoulder last year? He hasn’t been takin many hits has he? They don’t need him for designed runs anymore.

Think it strange for that pessimism but odd optimism for if he gets hurt! Lol. I’m not convinced Kliff system is great or he just has great parts? Surely don’t expect it to look good with colt! He got that noodle arm. I think cards good enough they could go 2-2 or so during a 4 game stretch without him if they leaned on run game and defense but does Kliff know how to do that? I have doubts. How bouts we just keep Murray healthy!!

Baltimore vs Cardinals

For real.

I think for now I’m sticking with Bills v Rams. Obviously there’s some concern with how easily AZ handled the Rams and how high powered the AZ offense is, and their D coming around… but not ready to abandon Rams yet. Every team has a stinker, and coming off an impressive SNF game vs TB and going against an opponent whose number you have had recently was almost a set up for this.
So I’ll stick with Rams vs Bills but keeping close eye on AZ, KC still, and maybe TB as well as GB, Cle, LV, and LAC lol

Man dude, why so pessimistic on Murray health? He have injury history outside the shoulder last year? He hasn’t been takin many hits has he? They don’t need him for designed runs anymore.

Think it strange for that pessimism but odd optimism for if he gets hurt! Lol. I’m not convinced Kliff system is great or he just has great parts? Surely don’t expect it to look good with colt! He got that noodle arm. I think cards good enough they could go 2-2 or so during a 4 game stretch without him if they leaned on run game and defense but does Kliff know how to do that? I have doubts. How bouts we just keep Murray healthy!!
I'm not pessimistic on his health at all. He plays so smart to avoid the big hits but it's a long season, all that shifting and zigging and zagging will be tough to make it through 17 games without some issue arising...not saying it's contact related. I think there was a proposal initially that didn't pass but said starting QBs would need to sit out 2 games. Hard for me to imagine that McCoy won't be needed at some point even if it's for a half or two.

I'm not pessimistic on his health at all. He plays so smart to avoid the big hits but it's a long season, all that shifting and zigging and zagging will be tough to make it through 17 games without some issue arising...not saying it's contact related. I think there was a proposal initially that didn't pass but said starting QBs would need to sit out 2 games. Hard for me to imagine that McCoy won't be needed at some point even if it's for a half or two.

I have heard some the talk bout how valuable backup qbs gonna become cause so many dont think lot of qbs will make thru the entire 17 (yet another retarded ass money grab idea by nfl). They be just fine w colt for a few long as like I said they go with run heavy and lean on d. Surely Kliff got some them dink and dunk spread plays colt be good with.

Has colt ever played a game? Dude has made a great living and managed to pick spots he rarely been needed! Lol. Maybe just having him on roster good luck for your qb!!

I have heard some the talk bout how valuable backup qbs gonna become cause so many dont think lot of qbs will make thru the entire 17 (yet another retarded ass money grab idea by nfl). They be just fine w colt for a few long as like I said they go with run heavy and lean on d. Surely Kliff got some them dink and dunk spread plays colt be good with.

Has colt ever played a game? Dude has made a great living and managed to pick spots he rarely been needed! Lol. Maybe just having him on roster good luck for your qb!!
Pretty sure he started in Washington didn't he? Not real sure I've ever actually seen him play

Pre-season I had Saints Ravens.

Now Cowboys Bills
As an Eagles fan I would HATE to see Dallas in the Super Bowl, but I’m also not an idiot and can acknowledge they are pretty good. I WOULD like to see how they do against some of the better teams because they’ve been beating up on lames including my Eagles, but that D seems improved and their offense is up there with the best.

Cowboys played Tampa tough all the way to the gun then beat Herbert at the gun. They get Mahomes in November and Kyler in January, so we'll have a good measure of them. Other than that though they have plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

Cowboys played Tampa tough all the way to the gun then beat Herbert at the gun. They get Mahomes in November and Kyler in January, so we'll have a good measure of them. Other than that though they have plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

Chargers really beat themselves or refs beat them depending how ya look at it. They had several tds taken off the board and ended up settling for fgs.

I’m not real sure how high I am on chargers? Some things about them I love, Herbert is obviously incredible, even if I think Staley might be a tad overly aggressive ill take that any day over a guy who never goes for 4th downs at midfield and always playing to trust kicker to win the game! Not sure i like the OC? Feel like Herbert bails him out a lot!

Really have issues with Staley defensive philosophy where they basically inviting teams to gash them in the run game playing light boxes so often to take away the pass. I understand the logic as there this new school thought that running the ball isn’t efficient so encourage teams to do it, tough to consistently drive the field without a drive killing penalty or turnover. Maybe there some merit to it but I’m old school so I still think there a lot to be said for being able to run and stop the run! We saw browns just abuse them in the run game last week, chargers were incredibly fortunate to even be in that game in the 4th imo, now they face ravens this week so we will see how that goes. Chances are they gonna see several these teams who love to run the ball in the playoffs! Just not sure they can keep beating teams if they getting gashed for 200+ on the ground frequently? Even if rushing the ball isn’t the most efficient way to score points these days it still a great way to control games and keep your stud qb on the sideline! I think they gonna have to adjust their philosophy a bit when they come up against the browns, ravens, Titans of the world in the playoffs! Don’t see them being able to show those teams these light boxes and beat them. Maybe they will prove me wrong but think there was some evidence to this in the Dallas and browns games.,this week vs ravens will be very interesting!

Back to Cowboys. They have a pretty easy looking schedule so I’d expect their odds continue to rise up the list of SB teams! I think they as legit as any nfc team outside the fact I don’t trust their coach at all! They gonna look like world beaters the rest the regular season imo but come playoff time he gonna make a mistake that gets them bounced!

still sticking with Buffalo vs Rams, despite Buffalo losing tonight. Arizona and Baltimore in the running too.

easy to stick when you made solid preseason predictions!! show off, lol..

it would be silly to knock bills for last nights loss,, lets be real, Allen gets that 1st down 99 of 100 times, even with the great job by titans dlineman i still think he gets it if he keeps his footing.

the top the NFC is shaping up to be stronger than i thought it was coming into the year. rams, cards, tampa, dallas all have cases to be the best team in the nfc imo.. transitive property kinda says cards the team to beat, they whipped the rams who whipped the bucs!! of course we know that doesnt work, plus rams were in bad spot just off beating the bucs, bucs were maybe in a bad spot with pats on deck, it goes on and on!! . Cardinals are really 5-1 in my head (and they been my new fav team since 1st time i watched murray prove me wrong about drafting him!! lol). Vikings pretty much beat them, doesnt make me think less of the cards but that wasnt even a long fg attempt! The important thing for cards is they still got a W for that and it could be the kick that decides who gets the 1 seed bye!!! already mentioned 4 legit contenders and havnt even brought up packers yet! i dont think packers are as good as those 4 but it be foolish to say they wernt legit contenders. Now we at 5 teams and i still think 49ers might emerge as a contender if Lance gets sorted out, dont think they are if they go back to jimmy g, he a fine game manager type but dont see him beating these other teams..

AFC isnt much easier,, Bills and ravens i think are the favs but still think KC just as capable. pretty confident saying it gonna be one those 3.

my problem with chargers is same as it was before ravens curb stomped them, i cant stand Staley defensive philosophy that invites teams to gash them on the ground, you would think dude would adjust against teams who want to gash you on the ground, but nope, still plays light boxes and lets everyone gash his defense! As much i like his aggresivness he takes it too far, you cant be going for it 4th and 2-3 yards in your own territory!! less than a yard i guess it ok, any more than a yard you gotta freaking punt or you giving away points!!!!! (once you cross mid field all bets are off im good with it). of course maybe you cant punt since you think it ok to allow teams to run for 6ypc!! as if those not enough gripes there more,, i dont think the OC doing a good job either, he getting bailed out by his QB being amazing on 3rd and 4th down, maybe just maybe you could call some good plays and help him out!! if not you run into a team like ravens who despite the defense falling off a bit are still excellent at situational football and getting off the field on 3rd downs!! you gonna see lot of that in the playoffs!!!

so right now i have Cards and ravens but i can change to one of those other 7 teams any given week!! lol..

easy to stick when you made solid preseason predictions!! show off, lol..

it would be silly to knock bills for last nights loss,, lets be real, Allen gets that 1st down 99 of 100 times, even with the great job by titans dlineman i still think he gets it if he keeps his footing.
I agree. They were about to win that game. He just slipped

Back