• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Divisional Round: Rams vs Packers Discussion Thread

No reason to bet this one early. Injury questions for the Rams. Green Bay weather would be nice to know. This total is 46 in some areas. Seems very low to me

Last edited:
Cant imagine danold can be real effective., did he break some ribs in Seattle? Sure looked that way. I don’t think rams d can keep packers out the 20s, I don’t think rams offense going into the cold and scoring 20.

GB against a Rams team that has been very low scoring the last half of the season. Aaron Rodgers doesnt make huge mistakes and GB's offense knows how to handle this Rams team.

Elite GB squashes the Rams

So I heard Donald ribs wernt broke but he had torn rib cartilage, imagine that not as bad but sounds painful, no clue what it means to the extent of how much he can play or how effective he might be? As mentioned even if he was 100% I’d like packers, if he can’t be his normal disruptive self I just don’t see how rams stay in it?

He'll be in a lot of pain every time he breathes because the cartilage allows the ribcage to expand & contract when someone inhales & exhales. The cold sure won't make it easier to breathe either. Weather is supposed to be mid to upper 20's with 10-15 mph winds.

The Rams d is very good, Ramsey vs Davante should be great to watch. but GB will find a way to get Adams free away from coverage at least a couple times. Tonyan might be the one getting the most targets- looking at the Rams losses, tight ends fared well. Allen threw 3 tds to tight ends, Kittles went over 100 1 td. I'll be looking at a Tonyan anytime td prop.

I have a hard time seeing this staying under. With the emergence of Akers, the Rams should be able to work off play action much better. GB has shown weakness stopping the run, but the Rams will likely have to score 27 to win.

lean over

The Rams d is very good, Ramsey vs Davante should be great to watch. but GB will find a way to get Adams free away from coverage at least a couple times. Tonyan might be the one getting the most targets- looking at the Rams losses, tight ends fared well. Allen threw 3 tds to tight ends, Kittles went over 100 1 td. I'll be looking at a Tonyan anytime td prop.

I have a hard time seeing this staying under. With the emergence of Akers, the Rams should be able to work off play action much better. GB has shown weakness stopping the run, but the Rams will likely have to score 27 to win.

lean over

I think adams has a much better chance to make some plays than DK (not counting the one busted coverage in 3 games where he got free). Love DK but at this point he not even close to adams when it comes to the route tree, relies on physicality which plays right into ramsey wheel house. Adams is so incredible with his feet, he doesn’t even get hands involved! Ramsey will have to get hands on him. More excited to watch ravens/bills but Ramsey vs adams prob the best one vs one matchup of the weekend!

I thought what packers did to Henry bodes really well for them here. Granted Akers should have way more opportunity considering there not much chance packers offense controls this game so easily. Goff at a 100% a problem and no way that thumb in good shape, it was so swollen last week! He didn’t play that well but hats off to him for even playing.

Starting to think the Rams are too well coached with too good of a D to just get blown out. I'm warming up to the points but still like that over. Weather looks to be pushing this line down a touch. I'm playing @ 45

If Green Bays offense attacks the Rams D like the Jets did by exploiting the MLBs trying to cover TE's, they might score on every possession. This will open up the running game. Still need to see injury report and weather.

If Green Bays offense attacks the Rams D like the Jets did by exploiting the MLBs trying to cover TE's, they might score on every possession. This will open up the running game. Still need to see injury report and weather.
You don't think the Rams will be able to get pressure with 4? The loss of Bakhtiari could be something that is being overlooked.

You don't think the Rams will be able to get pressure with 4? The loss of Bakhtiari could be something that is being overlooked.

really depends on Donald’s ability to be himself imo. He just wrecks offenses while demanding a double team!

Starting to think the Rams are too well coached with too good of a D to just get blown out. I'm warming up to the points but still like that over. Weather looks to be pushing this line down a touch. I'm playing @ 45

I agree I don’t think they get blown out. I am super tempted to play packers at anything less than 7 tho. Dunno if there be snow but pretty safe bet it gonna be cold!! 3:30 kick so even if there sun it be going down fast!!

I doubt he's going to be much of himself, with that injury, and that sort of temperature.

I agree, even if they shoot him up and he feels ok coming in, the minute he starts taking shots to the chops he gonna be in so much pain!! Maybe the cold numbs it?

tell ya one thing, if I’m the packers I come out and run Dillan big ass right into him the 1st 2-3 plays!!

Obviously all depends on AD99's health. Floyd over the newbie olineman who apparently was on the Colts oline last week will be a handful.
I've said this before, the Jets of all teams gave the blue print to beating this defense. Expose the MLB position. Reeder #51 is really a bad apple in this D. Make him cover a TE to expose him in space and remove the 2nd line of defense for big running plays. Why more teams haven't done this is beyond me but I have a feeling Rodgers could have a field day. GB would be wise to use DaVante Adams as a decoy and challenge the LB's.

Obviously all depends on AD99's health. Floyd over the newbie olineman who apparently was on the Colts oline last week will be a handful.
I've said this before, the Jets of all teams gave the blue print to beating this defense. Expose the MLB position. Reeder #51 is really a bad apple in this D. Make him cover a TE to expose him in space and remove the 2nd line of defense for big running plays. Why more teams haven't done this is beyond me but I have a feeling Rodgers could have a field day. GB would be wise to use DaVante Adams as a decoy and challenge the LB's.

I wouldn’t go so far as decoy, his footwork and route running a much tougher matchup for ramsey than DK limited routes and physical play that plays into Ramsey strengths. I have no doubt adams will be able to get free one on one vs ramsey a few times in big moments! obviously don’t expect adams to dominate but he will make some plays and I fully expect te Tonyan to cause problems, Lazard or Valdez-scantling will have chances to make plays as well!

Bottom line if Donald can’t be himself they screwed. I know it not really how packers would typically script early plays but pounding Dillan right at Donald would be a great move!! Tell him no cutting into a hole, run right into a collision wit Donald!!! Test his heart/pain tolerance right out the gates!! Then let him sit on sideline and stiffen up!!!

100% agree

Goff sucks. And Waffle gives the O a unique element with his running ability.

not to mention very little film on him, rams gonna need that extra element, packers pass defense is too good for Goff even at 100% which no way that thumb doesn’t swell up again! I could see him throwing a pick or 2.,

Packers lost their best lineman at the end of the year now they have another starter with Covid is now an issue for the Packers. Not exactly what Rodgers needs vs the #1 D. Its getting interesting.

Packers lost their best lineman at the end of the year now they have another starter with Covid is now an issue for the Packers. Not exactly what Rodgers needs vs the #1 D. Its getting interesting.
If Donald was close to 100% it would be a huge concern. I don’t think he gonna be tho.

I have torn muscle and cartilage between my ribs on my right side. It happened golfing over the summer. Doc said it can take up to 24 months to heal with basically no activity. One day of working out or being physical and the pain on every breath comes back instantly. Donald will be no where near himself. Watch the second half of rams game last week with him missing. Holding rams futures but they are toilet paper without him. Still figuring out how I want to play the game though.

I have torn muscle and cartilage between my ribs on my right side. It happened golfing over the summer. Doc said it can take up to 24 months to heal with basically no activity. One day of working out or being physical and the pain on every breath comes back instantly. Donald will be no where near himself. Watch the second half of rams game last week with him missing. Holding rams futures but they are toilet paper without him. Still figuring out how I want to play the game though.
That shit is painful and they can prob shoot him up to tolerate the pain but if it should shift or move, which I’d imagine sharp movements in a football game would cause it to do so, that’s next level pain

I see Rodgers record in Lambeau cold and snow and then contemplate a team from Los Angeles playing in that, especially one with an injured QB, and this is a no brainer.

Yes, a fully analytic and numbers-based take, I get it.
Agree if Goff, a so cal kid, with a busted thumb beats me in cold weather so be it. Unless the Rams d gets multiple turnover deep in gb territory I don’t see it

agree with I'll pay to see it attitude with me also.
I have 2 dimes on pack at the moment
7 pt teaser with pack pk, browns+17.5 and TB+10.5

think I'll be adding another dime on GB ml and Buff ML - pays 1.2x

I wouldn’t go so far as decoy, his footwork and route running a much tougher matchup for ramsey than DK limited routes and physical play that plays into Ramsey strengths. I have no doubt adams will be able to get free one on one vs ramsey a few times in big moments! obviously don’t expect adams to dominate but he will make some plays and I fully expect te Tonyan to cause problems, Lazard or Valdez-scantling will have chances to make plays as well!

Bottom line if Donald can’t be himself they screwed. I know it not really how packers would typically script early plays but pounding Dillan right at Donald would be a great move!! Tell him no cutting into a hole, run right into a collision wit Donald!!! Test his heart/pain tolerance right out the gates!! Then let him sit on sideline and stiffen up!!!
Reason why I say decoy is because he could cause confusion with what I think is a weak 2nd line of defense with the middle LB's. The Jets had them running the wrong way. Ramsey will be locked up with him but its not going to be 100% of the time. I believe it's when Ramsey relinquishes is when you'll see the confusion Adams will create. I'm amazed more teams aren't copying what the Jets did. MLB Reeder is too slow. Rodgers is going to make him look bad whether its clearing him out of the middle for the running game of throwing at him while he's covering a more athletic TE.
I really don't have a feel for what we'll get from Goff other than this glaring weakness he has. If he gets off to a bad start his already empty confidence tank will get the better of him. If he can have positive plays early and throughout the 1st half, there's a chance Rams could win. Packers are not a physical team and usually don't fair well when they get punched. Rams D is capable of making this uncomfortable for them.

Reason why I say decoy is because he could cause confusion with what I think is a weak 2nd line of defense with the middle LB's. The Jets had them running the wrong way. Ramsey will be locked up with him but its not going to be 100% of the time. I believe it's when Ramsey relinquishes is when you'll see the confusion Adams will create. I'm amazed more teams aren't copying what the Jets did. MLB Reeder is too slow. Rodgers is going to make him look bad whether its clearing him out of the middle for the running game of throwing at him while he's covering a more athletic TE.
I really don't have a feel for what we'll get from Goff other than this glaring weakness he has. If he gets off to a bad start his already empty confidence tank will get the better of him. If he can have positive plays early and throughout the 1st half, there's a chance Rams could win. Packers are not a physical team and usually don't fair well when they get punched. Rams D is capable of making this uncomfortable for them.

makes sense, thanks for clarifying. There was def a point where I thought you could bully the packers but think they did a fairly good job addressing that in the draft and I thought they showed a lot against the titans in that Sunday night game. I really like Akers amd think he gives them a rb element they havnt had since Gurley’s decline but when you don’t have to worry much about the qb there only so much a back can do when being keyed on. Goff was a liability at 100% and no chance he anywhere near that now!

makes sense, thanks for clarifying. There was def a point where I thought you could bully the packers but think they did a fairly good job addressing that in the draft and I thought they showed a lot against the titans in that Sunday night game. I really like Akers amd think he gives them a rb element they havnt had since Gurley’s decline but when you don’t have to worry much about the qb there only so much a back can do when being keyed on. Goff was a liability at 100% and no chance he anywhere near that now!
The game that comes to mind is when the Packers played the 49ers in the NFC Championship last year. It felt liked they got smacked around pretty good in that game. Im sure McVay has looked long and hard at that game for both sides of the ball. I just can't trust Goff but at the same time with no home crowd, the Rams have done really well on the road. I need to dissect the Packers D more. If they struggle to pressure Goff, maybe McVay can keep Goff clean.

The game that comes to mind is when the Packers played the 49ers in the NFC Championship last year. It felt liked they got smacked around pretty good in that game. Im sure McVay has looked long and hard at that game for both sides of the ball. I just can't trust Goff but at the same time with no home crowd, the Rams have done really well on the road. I need to dissect the Packers D more. If they struggle to pressure Goff, maybe McVay can keep Goff clean.

I do think regardless of no crowd packers still hold the biggest HFA due to footing and the cold. As I mentioned I thought the packers draft most ppl didn’t like (well namely the 1st round pick of love was stupid) but they did go and draft Dillan who really showed up big in that titans game, a road grader lineman, and a tight end. I think they absolutely brought more physicality to the offensive side of the ball and think it was a direct result of getting manhandled twice by niners last year. I truly believe they fixed those problems on the offensive side in particular and I thought it showed in the Sunday night game vs titans., I think the packers pass d is very strong so they should be able to dedicate more to stopping the rams run game. Imo this a total mismatch assuming Donald not 100% which there no way he can be!!

Saints or Bucs might pose a interesting matchup in the nfc championship game but I really don’t see either going up into those freezing temps and pulling it off. Packers are gonna represent the nfc and think they are without a doubt the best hope for nfc to hoist the trophy.

Back