• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Deshaun Watson Sweepstakes...

I think a lot of teams being mentioned by nfl media people as interested in watson, should go after stafford

Miami makes the most sense for that, dont think cost would be high either

Imagine staff and then picking chase or slim reaper or waddle you could probably trade down like 4 or 5 picks and get chase, further for the bama guys.

They right now have 4 top 50 picks I think, say you trade down from 3rd overall to like 8 or 9 so the broncos or Panthers could move up and get a qb. You grab their 2nd rounder and futures (2022 1st + 3rd or whatever). Now you have 5 picks in top 50

Team becomes a top 5 super bowl favorite imo

Could even spin it and keep tua that way if you are worried about optics or 'giving up' on him

I mean the whole point of drafting any player is the value they add to your franchise: if you can move Tua and a couple picks for watson, or Tua and maybe 1 pick for stafford then you got lots of value out of him!! I don’t think it matters if that value came as a player for your team or as a trade piece to get you a franchise qb? Imo Doesn’t make any sense to want to hold onto Tua in the hopes he becomes somewhere close to what those guys already are!! If you can flip Tua for a franchise qb it eliminates the chance he is a bust! He wouldn’t have been a bust for them, it would have been a great pick if he nets them either of those QBs.

Not to even mention I liked Tua out of college But I think it already pretty obvious he gonna be the 3rd best qb in that class no matter if he improves or not.

yea when they say that, I'd assume he's being traded pretty soon.

Same shit they say with all the coaches and you get the point.

I'm just laughing at the ppl saying how good he is. He is NOT that good. Saying hes a generational player...ummm no he's not!
The only reason he even had the most passing yards this year is because they were always down in games and HAD to throw. Their run game sucks as well

I'd take Tua and the 3rd pick in a heartbeat for Watson, but if they can squeeze more out, the better. This team needs draft picks

he has looked pretty good going all the way back to college where he destroyed bama’s defense twice! He did have them out to a huge lead on eventual sb champ kc. If we gonna discredit those numbers this year cause he was trailing dont we have to at least say the completion percentage was very impressive as he was throwing mostly in spots the defense knew he was throwing? Plus he had very little support from a run game or play action. How many QBs would you take ahead of him?

I mean the whole point of drafting any player is the value they add to your franchise: if you can move Tua and a couple picks for watson, or Tua and maybe 1 pick for stafford then you got lots of value out of him!! I don’t think it matters if that value came as a player for your team or as a trade piece to get you a franchise qb? Imo Doesn’t make any sense to want to hold onto Tua in the hopes he becomes somewhere close to what those guys already are!! If you can flip Tua for a franchise qb it eliminates the chance he is a bust! He wouldn’t have been a bust for them, it would have been a great pick if he nets them either of those QBs.

Not to even mention I liked Tua out of college But I think it already pretty obvious he gonna be the 3rd best qb in that class no matter if he improves or not.
Tua is a left handed Bridgewater best case scenario. No team is winning anything with him as the QB,

don't trade him
I don't think they do really. Everything I know about him since his days at Clemson has been pillar to the community (although so is DeAndre) and not sure they don't just decide to stand pat. Is what it is league.

It's why I'm pretty sure there had to be some real bad shit behind the scenes, more than we already know, for him to demand a trade. You mentioned, he signed that extension after the Hopkins blunder, hell an offseason of blunders but was still committed. Beginning to think the Houston situation is as bad or worse than Detroit/Cincinnati/Jets etc with ownership.

Im sure the other 29 or so team league owners are really telling Houston to hold the line here, this is not a precedent they want to have

He should have held out on signing that extension , bottom line . He should see if he can make it work with the new coach and GM

wasn't he also upset that he didn't get a say in who they hired as GM?

Why would Houston ownership even say they would make him a part of that? When you do that you basically are telling Deshaun and his agents they will hire the next GM

wasn't he also upset that he didn't get a say in who they hired as GM?

Why would Houston ownership even say they would make him a part of that? When you do that you basically are telling Deshaun and his agents they will hire the next GM
They're certainly far from competent

yea when they say that, I'd assume he's being traded pretty soon.

Same shit they say with all the coaches and you get the point.

I'm just laughing at the ppl saying how good he is. He is NOT that good. Saying hes a generational player...ummm no he's not!
The only reason he even had the most passing yards this year is because they were always down in games and HAD to throw. Their run game sucks as well

I'd take Tua and the 3rd pick in a heartbeat for Watson, but if they can squeeze more out, the better. This team needs draft picks

I think you make a good point. Where does he currently rank ? I know he has been a top 5 Fantasy QB the last 2 maybe 3 years, and I know this sounds stupid but I think some fans are not able to separate fantasy from reality

I think you make a good point. Where does he currently rank currently ? I know he has been a top 5 Fantasy QB the last 2 maybe 3 years, and I know this sounds stupid but I think some fans are not able to separate fantasy from reality
This is true but successfully passing with zero running game isn't some fictional stat, that takes a lot

Neither team has the picks to get Watson. I don’t think Houston wants a bunch of picks in the late teens best case.
No trade clause. He can say no to all teams to land where he wants. But Stafford > Watson and i could see him in SF or IND.

Watson overrated.

If a team wants to goto the super bowl in 3 years on the cheap, they would draft Trey Lance. The value over Watson is an order of magnitude (10x).

Scouting Trey Lance: North Dakota State QB similar to Andrew Luck
After Lawrence career gets wasted in Jax, Lance should hope his doesn't with the Jets

He'd be my target if drafting after #1 easily if I need a QB. Not close. Someone's gonna get a steal even if it's at 4-7. Anything later than that is a heist.

Deshawn is physically gifted and real likable, but I feel there is something lacking, maybe too emotional, idk, I just dont really trust him. Could be ridiculous Texan situation with Obrien and Smih. I wouldn't sell the house for him but I'd be happy to have him, mostly. He seems to have big ego to me on the field

After Lawrence career gets wasted in Jax, Lance should hope his doesn't with the Jets

He'd be my target if drafting after #1 easily if I need a QB. Not close. Someone's gonna get a steal even if it's at 4-7. Anything later than that is a heist.
I'm glad you feel this way. I feel exactly the same. I wish I could be the gm with this opportunity. He is going to be special.

Reactions: KJ
Neither team has the picks to get Watson. I don’t think Houston wants a bunch of picks in the late teens best case.

colts wouldn’t get watson will all the picks in the world, no way they trade him in division. I still like colts futures, they a SB contender with Stafford imo amd that seems fairly likely.

I'm glad you feel this way. I feel exactly the same. I wish I could be the gm with this opportunity. He is going to be special.

no clue how you can be certain? He obviously looks pretty talented but no competition and very little film, who knows if he has it between the ears? Hope he a star, more good QBs the better.

no clue how you can be certain? He obviously looks pretty talented but no competition and very little film, who knows if he has it between the ears? Hope he a star, more good QBs the better.
There's plenty of film that we don't see. Every game he's every played in college is filmed.

Sometimes you just feel it when you see it. People that saw Mahomes at TT knew he was special. I will look to bet on his success until people figure it out.

Sometimes you just feel it when you see it. People that saw Mahomes at TT knew he was special. I will look to bet on his success until people figure it out.

playing at Texas tech and having shootouts with the baker led sooners is much higher competition level than anything lance has faced. Doesn’t mean or I’m not saying he won’t be great, I just think there have to be obvious questions as raw talent has never been the key to a qb having success, if that was the case Jeff George would be a HOFer!! I have seen nothing but a few clips of lance, obviously you can make any qb look good with those, and he most definitely looked great!! Whether his skills translate or he turns out to be a great leader of men is a very hard thing to figure out!! Should be good for him tho, cause it appears he might slip into the back half the top 10 which give him much better chance to succeed than going to jets! Panthers would be a ideal spot for him imo! Great coach, great OC (for now), lot of talent around him, a very young defense you would think ready to grow with him! Plus he can learn a year under teddy b who a pro’s pro! I’d love for him to be everything you think and to see him end up a panther!!!

playing at Texas tech and having shootouts with the baker led sooners is much higher competition level than anything lance has faced. Doesn’t mean or I’m not saying he won’t be great, I just think there have to be obvious questions as raw talent has never been the key to a qb having success, if that was the case Jeff George would be a HOFer!! I have seen nothing but a few clips of lance, obviously you can make any qb look good with those, and he most definitely looked great!! Whether his skills translate or he turns out to be a great leader of men is a very hard thing to figure out!! Should be good for him tho, cause it appears he might slip into the back half the top 10 which give him much better chance to succeed than going to jets! Panthers would be a ideal spot for him imo! Great coach, great OC (for now), lot of talent around him, a very young defense you would think ready to grow with him! Plus he can learn a year under teddy b who a pro’s pro! I’d love for him to be everything you think and to see him end up a panther!!!
Would be a good fit in Denver or Vegas too imo depending on what direction those two choose to go with QB, Minny too

Would be a good fit in Denver or Vegas too imo depending on what direction those two choose to go with QB, Minny too

like Donks weapons but hate their coach. Agree with vegas. You would think anyone could be great in minny with those wrs and cook!

Niners don’t need watson, even tho it would be pretty amazing to watch him in shanny offense. I think if they got Stafford they be the best team in the nfc, assuming they stay healthy for a chance!

If Matt Ruhle and Carolina draft Trey they will be my favorite team. I dont have one now.

If he anywhere close to what you think he is panthers could be really good, really fast. I assume the defense is gonna improve rapidly with all the draft picks they spent on that side the ball last year. They have pretty good offensive weapons. They definitely a bandwagon I could see myself latching on to!! Lol

These tv ppl keep banging on how Texans run that franchise and while I agree the fact Is watson knew this and still signed the long term contract in freaking sept! After they had already traded Hopkins for a bag of balls!!

That Stafford trade is probably not what DeShaun wanted to see

you think? I actually look at it like rams setting the bar that ya gotta be aggressive to compete with them! Should bode well for watson, maybe it forces other teams to think bout giving up the farm! Should also make houston at least consider huge lions model where they get not only picks but a qb they can work with! They be much better served finding one on their rookie deal tho.

These tv ppl keep banging on how Texans run that franchise and while I agree the fact Is watson knew this and still signed the long term contract in freaking sept! After they had already traded Hopkins for a bag of balls!!
Well if it's true that they told him and his agent that they would have a say in the hiring of GM/HC to goad him into signing and then back tracked after, he should be pissed off.

Well if it's true that they told him and his agent that they would have a say in the hiring of GM/HC to goad him into signing and then back tracked after, he should be pissed off.

Im not saying he shouldn’t be pissed, I’m just saying he should have known what a dumpster fire they were when he signed on long term.

Im not saying he shouldn’t be pissed, I’m just saying he should have known what a dumpster fire they were when he signed on long term.
Yeah but that's more than being a dumpster fire if it's true, it's full blown bait and switch.

Yeah but that's more than being a dumpster fire if it's true, it's full blown bait and switch.

I’m just not sure it should have surprised him. They have a asshole preacher with way too much say in football operations!

I think this gonna get super ugly. It shouldn’t cause some team should come at them with a offer they have to take but I can’t see it happening. Teams gonna try to lowball them thinking they have to make the move. I don’t think they gonna do it, we gonna see how much resolve watson has cause if I’m the owner I am gonna see how far he willing to take it, unless of course a team offers me a young qb I like along with 4 1s!!

No one forced him to sign the contract. Watson needs to end his complaining and play out the deal that he chose to sign.
Not if they lied to him about the terms, screw them. And yeah, I'm sure you want a pissed off franchise guy playing for you who's been betrayed by ownership (allegedly). That oughta work out well.

It's business, nothing personal.

Not if they lied to him about the terms, screw them. And yeah, I'm sure you want a pissed off franchise guy playing for you who's been betrayed by ownership (allegedly). That oughta work out well.

It's business, nothing personal.
No player should ever choose the coach and GM. If the organization promised him that they are stupid but once you sign a contract you should play it out.

Watson chose to accept the guaranteed money in his contract after they traded his best receiver. Its now up to him to live up to his end of the deal that he willingly signed.

No player should ever choose the coach and GM. If the organization promised him that they are stupid but once you sign a contract you should play it out.
Legally to get paid, he'd have to obviously.

Personally, if they screwed him with empty promises, they'll get theirs. Poor business pretty much ends with poor results regardless of any of our takes on shoulda/woulda/coulda.

Back