• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Deshaun Watson Sweepstakes...

Said it in the other thread

Dolphins make so much sense

Tua, Houston's own pick this year the dolphins own, and maybe another pick

Dolphins are set up for a run here, but need a qb

they could desperately use a playmaker or 2 on the outside but watson would make that less a issue. How awful would those optics be tho? Fish trade houston their own picks back for watson? Lol

Yeah, I figured an MVP candidate gets his own thread.

Obviously people jump out and say SF, Den, NE...

Interesting Miami though...

Team better have salary cap space to afford that contract which has to eliminate a bunch of teams. I guess I can get behind the Jets trading for him but with such a weak roster I would just pick Zach Wilson at 2.

Team better have salary cap space to afford that contract which has to eliminate a bunch of teams. I guess I can get behind the Jets trading for him but with such a weak roster I would just pick Zach Wilson at 2.

oh god no. You guys would still have good amount of picks even after trading for watson, bring in him and a competent coach and ya instantly a factor!! The afc East is all a sudden a tough division, fish on the rise and bills not going anywhere but up!! Who knows if the pats stay down?

Indy seems like the most perfect spot to bring in someone! They have cap space, very good coach, and a solid roster. They a instant SB contender with a qb like watson!

I'd give up a 1 this year and next year in 2 fucking seconds for Watson....if Mack and Cooper are players worth 2 one's...a QB that led the NFL in passing for damn sure is. And the Jets have the pieces to get this done. Think Miami won't quit on Tua so early and also may be gun shy after making such an awful deal in the Tunsil move between those 2 teams.

I'd give up a 1 this year and next year in 2 fucking seconds for Watson....if Mack and Cooper are players worth 2 one's...a QB that led the NFL in passing for damn sure is. And the Jets have the pieces to get this done.

without a doubt. You missing those great years of having the qb on rookie deal but worth the trade off to get a proven guy imo.

What really needs to happen is houston needs to hire a coach who can sell watson on the direction cause you don’t get better trading away a top 5-6 qb in his prime! Like seriously what the fuck is 2 draft picks gonna do for your team more than watson can?

I could see a situation where teams won’t give up what Eagles think they should get for him?
Eagles are in a terrible situation with the cap and if they don't think Wentz should play over a scrub like Hurts they will probably just be happy to dump him.

I'd give up a 1 this year and next year in 2 fucking seconds for Watson....if Mack and Cooper are players worth 2 one's...a QB that led the NFL in passing for damn sure is. And the Jets have the pieces to get this done. Think Miami won't quit on Tua so early and also may be gun shy after making such an awful deal in the Tunsil move between those 2 teams.
I would probably give the 2nd overall pick and the Seattle pick to get Watson but I would also be ok picking Wilson. To me these are the only two options that are acceptable. Just knowing the Jets they are going to hire Marvin Lewis and pick Fields at 2 which would be it for me as a fan of this losing franchise.

Contract isnt an issue

Any team that needs a qb would clear the space if needed

I would probably give the 2nd overall pick and the Seattle pick to get Watson but I would also be ok picking Wilson. To me these are the only two options that are acceptable. Just knowing the Jets they are going to hire Marvin Lewis and pick Fields at 2 which would be it for me as a fan of this losing franchise.
Complaining about never having a qb and not trusting drafting one, and then saying you'd only give up 2nd overall and a late 1st?

You're literal best case scenario at 2nd overall is Deshaun Watson, and theres like a what, 5% chance of a qb picked 2nd overall being an mvp candidate like him

But you're only willing to be throwing in a late 1st too?

Teams will trade up multiple 1sts and other picks, for the chance to scratch the lottery ticket to get a Deshaun watson, getting the real thing is worth way more

Complaining about never having a qb and not trusting drafting one, and then saying you'd only give up 2nd overall and a late 1st?

You're literal best case scenario at 2nd overall is Deshaun Watson, and theres like a what, 5% chance of a qb picked 2nd overall being an mvp candidate like him

But you're only willing to be throwing in a late 1st too?

Teams will trade up multiple 1sts and other picks, for the chance to scratch the lottery ticket to get a Deshaun watson, getting the real thing is worth way more
I totally get that he is worth more but this roster is beyond awful. I would probably be willing to give more to get a deal done but there has to be a point where they have to step away. No QB alone is turning this team into a contender anytime soon.

I think with the draft capital they have, they would still be able to add enough talent over the next two drafts, to be on the up and a playoff contender season after next

I think a lot of teams being mentioned by nfl media people as interested in watson, should go after stafford

Miami makes the most sense for that, dont think cost would be high either

Imagine staff and then picking chase or slim reaper or waddle you could probably trade down like 4 or 5 picks and get chase, further for the bama guys.

They right now have 4 top 50 picks I think, say you trade down from 3rd overall to like 8 or 9 so the broncos or Panthers could move up and get a qb. You grab their 2nd rounder and futures (2022 1st + 3rd or whatever). Now you have 5 picks in top 50

Team becomes a top 5 super bowl favorite imo

Could even spin it and keep tua that way if you are worried about optics or 'giving up' on him

Last edited:
Eagles are in a terrible situation with the cap and if they don't think Wentz should play over a scrub like Hurts they will probably just be happy to dump him.

yea I dunno wtf gonna happen there for real, they have turned into a train wreck since winning the sb. I can’t really see a situation where things work out for them at all the next several years. You would think wentz being their qb is the best case but that bridge appears burnt seeing how doesn’t appear anyone on the roster wants to play with him.

With his no trade clause he gets to pick SF or NO

I'm all for the trade, but I would tell him go fuk him self if he doesnt remove the no trade clause. But I'd take the Jets or Miami deals in a heartbeat for Watson. I'll take a shot with Tua and the 3rd pick, lol which should have been the Texans. Miami wins the trade regardless.

But trade, yes, get the best deal you can for him. The Texans were left in such a shit place cause of OBrien, its a laughing stock of what he gave away for peanuts, we have no fukn draft picks and we have nothing to show for it. NOTHING! Watson is not that good to where he can do anything with this team anyways, so trade him and get all those draft picks back and rebuild. JJWatt is done too, get rid of him, clean house and let get a 2nd rounder if some dumbass team will give that for him.

I'm all for the trade, but I would tell him go fuk him self if he doesnt remove the no trade clause. But I'd take the Jets or Miami deals in a heartbeat for Watson. I'll take a shot with Tua and the 3rd pick, lol which should have been the Texans. Miami wins the trade regardless.

But trade, yes, get the best deal you can for him. The Texans were left in such a shit place cause of OBrien, its a laughing stock of what he gave away for peanuts, we have no fukn draft picks and we have nothing to show for it. NOTHING! Watson is not that good to where he can do anything with this team anyways, so trade him and get all those draft picks back and rebuild. JJWatt is done too, get rid of him, clean house and let get a 2nd rounder if some dumbass team will give that for him.

Watson for Stafford and the 7th...LFG..waive the trade clause...come to Detroit and hang out with sup bro and his ladies.

Sadly they will not get the best deal for him since he can just say no.

I've given it enough thought to say that the Jets should stay away. Watson went 4-12 with the Texans and he won't do any better with the Jets expansion roster. Either pick Wilson or give Darnold one more shot.

The Jets have maybe 5 good players on the entire roster. Trading away 4 or 5 first round picks for a QB when the roster is terrible is just not the thing to do. Add in Watson making big money soon against the cap and the Jets would have no ability to build around him.

I am also against it just for the fact that I can't stand these pampered athletes asking out after signing huge extensions. Watson should make it work in Houston and the Jets should stay away from the latest primadonna crybaby athlete.

yea when they say that, I'd assume he's being traded pretty soon.

Same shit they say with all the coaches and you get the point.

I'm just laughing at the ppl saying how good he is. He is NOT that good. Saying hes a generational player...ummm no he's not!
The only reason he even had the most passing yards this year is because they were always down in games and HAD to throw. Their run game sucks as well

I'd take Tua and the 3rd pick in a heartbeat for Watson, but if they can squeeze more out, the better. This team needs draft picks

I'm just laughing at the ppl saying how good he is. He is NOT that good. Saying hes a generational player...ummm no he's not!
The only reason he even had the most passing yards this year is because they were always down in games and HAD to throw. Their run game sucks as well

I'd take Tua and the 3rd pick in a heartbeat for Watson, but if they can squeeze more out, the better. This team needs draft picks
I agree with most of what you said but you shouldn't want Tua unless he's a complete throw in.

imo there no way Tua and the 3rd pick (their own pick btw, not sure I could stomach getting my own pick back for a star qb!) will equate to what watson career will be. Guess we see but imo he a top 7-8 qb without question.

I’m just not sure I buy houston caving and trading him. In reality there nothing saying they have to trade him, depending how petty the owner and management is they could play a huge game of chicken with him. What watson gonna do? Not play till 2028 and lose a huge chunk the money he just got? No chance!

If I was houston id have to get a massive haul to do it!! no freakin way I trade him for a Tua or darnold and a 1st round pick or 2. You gonna have to give up the farm, the lake next to the farm, and a beach house before I even consider it!!! We can debate how good he is or isn’t all day cause it don’t matter, what matters is how he viewed and there no question w viewed as one the best 4-5 qbs in the league, he only 25, and already has the contract in place.

I’m just not sure I buy houston caving and trading him. In reality there nothing saying they have to trade him, depending how petty the owner and management is they could play a huge game of chicken with him. What watson gonna do? Not play till 2028 and lose a huge chunk the money he just got? No chance!
I make him sit out if I'm running that team.

damn straight, just said same thing above. It would take a huge package that just blows me away, they have all the leverage so no chance I would get low balled!!
This is a Woody Johnson special all the way. He will force the Jets GM to overpay. Just the latest disaster in waiting for the Jets.

I make him sit out if I'm running that team.

there no question if I owned a team no way I let this punk push me around and get his way! I can afford to run the team into the ground and still make money and that exactly what id be willing to do.

I’m not saying I think watson a punk, just saying exactly how I would feel if I was the ppl running the Texans!! Try me mfer, let’s see who stands to lose more!! Regardless what you do I still have generational wealth, you won’t if you don’t show up and do your job!!

This is a Woody Johnson special all the way. He will force the Jets GM to overpay. Just the latest disaster in waiting for the Jets.

that the one area watson does have a little leverage, he would be wise to decline a trade if the team getting him gives away their opportunity to get him good guys to play with!!

Man niners would be the favs in the nfc the minute watson plane landed!! If I’m Texans that another thing, he can use his no trade but I’ll be damned if I ship him to a team who contenders!! Unless I’m able to dismantle their roster in the trade!! I’m almost positive I’d call his bluff and see what he does next!!! I mean what can he do? Give back a whole bunch of money and pay fines out the ass? He gonna show up and suck on purpose? I guess that the one risk you run by doing this but so be it! Go out there and play like ass, I’d trade away the entire Oline and let you get killed!! Lol

I’d make this thing all kinds of ugly, I’m petty like that! Lol. gotta assume a billionaire owner even more so!! Not to mention a owner who already has a rep of his family being some racist assholes, he really gonna let a black employee dictate what he does? I don’t see it.

Back