• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel -- Updated Gus

Losing Nielsen sucks. If Payton wanted him that bad he had to be a homerun. Too leaked and to not know the contract situation? Weird

Sounds like Doug Marrone as Alabama OL coach should become official in the next few days. I think O'Brien and the school are still working on terms, but as of right now he's expected to be OC.

Multiple Level 1 Violations by Pruitt
He was fired and Tennessee owes him $0.
must be pretty bad to not get your buyout.
Apparently he was paying players to pay other players among other things not being reported yet
Why do the names Cofer and Minor keep running through my head?

Mattison retires at tOSU. Freeman would’ve been the move before he went to ND.

This was expected Buckeyes?

Michigan going into a major overhaul on both sides of the ball with coaches....I personally love it. Getting younger, more minority coaches, all about recruiting. Dudes that go hard on the trail. Adopting the Urban approach...it's how you win in CFB. Recruiting.

Michigan going into a major overhaul on both sides of the ball with coaches....I personally love it. Getting younger, more minority coaches, all about recruiting. Dudes that go hard on the trail. Adopting the Urban approach...it's how you win in CFB. Recruiting.
They need to do something with it though. They have had good classes no?

Maybe they can finally play offense like it’s not the 1950s.

They need to do something with it though. They have had good classes no?

They have had good classes but the qb play under Harbaugh has been spotty at best. Qbs and offense win with recruiting. Young team last year. I think they'll be overlooked this coming year.

Coombs is the main DC. He calls the plays. They have co-coordinators on defense.
Really liked having Mattison and his experience to help Coombs. It was his first year as a DC. They need to bring in someone with Pete Carroll experience and show them how to run the 2 high safety look more.

As for Freeman, he actually primarily runs cover 1, so that’s not the main issue. It’s that he’s a 3-down, stack guy, whereas OSU wants to be a 4 down team.

My take here...

Overall, solid hires. There was potential to do better but this is much better than what they were going with last year.

There was bad chemistry with the staff.

Some staff members barely recruited.

Don Brown as stubborn as it gets.

The best part of this, is even if it doesn't work out, the next coach will be set up pretty nicely.

My take here...

Overall, solid hires. There was potential to do better but this is much better than what they were going with last year.

There was bad chemistry with the staff.

Some staff members barely recruited.

Don Brown as stubborn as it gets.

The best part of this, is even if it doesn't work out, the next coach will be set up pretty nicely.

Agreed. Absolutely re next coach. As long as it is Matt Campbell or Michigan fans will revolt

I was doing some research.
He has had a Top 5 offense in the last few years.
Is not recruiting and landing 4-5 star recruits as the Largest School in Florida good or bad?
OR
Is it he able to do more with less?
get the 2-3stars and Coach them to be those 4-5 Star players
Looks like Heupel to Tennessee is happening.

I was doing some research.
He has had a Top 5 offense in the last few years.
Is not recruiting and landing 4-5 star recruits as the Largest School in Florida good or bad?
OR
Is it he able to do more with less?
get the 2-3stars and Coach them to be those 4-5 Star players
He recruits at the same level that Frost did there if not even slightly better - and Frost has been an excellent recruiter since leaving. Tennessee still recruits itself. Just needs to win. Needs to surround himself with some good defensive staff and good recruiters. At least Tennessee should be fun to watch again. So many times I wanted to claw my eyes out in the Pruitt era. Losing is way more fun when you score.

Jim Leavitt left Fla Atlantic and took the DC job at SMU. Good move by Sonny Dykes to get him. He's done a good job in the past.

Fla Atlantic replaced him--and this sounds like the perfect Willie Taggart move--with none other than Mike Stoops. Who knows, maybe Mike learned something magical from being one of the retainers Nick Saban keeps around, but I expect FAU to have the worst defense in school history next year

Back