• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel -- Updated Gus

It’s an odd fit and a retread. I would’ve chanced on an up and comer myself
Bingo.

So, they want to be like Iowa and Wisconsin... Well they'll still be a step behind those two at minimum.

Hire a young, exciting guy with a different style.

He wants to keep Illinois recruits home. Good luck Bert.

It’s an odd fit and a retread. I would’ve chanced on an up and comer myself

they shouldn’t have fired lovie! He had a nice season last year and they fire him cause a season lots of teams struggled? Ignorant. I know one thing, they won’t be any better off with this putz!!

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what happens in Tuscaloosa. Obviously we need a new OC. Appears that Bill O'Brein and Adam Gase have at least been approached. All season long it's seemed a foregone conclusion that Pete Golding (DC) won't be back, but I wonder if he stays for continuity sake. I also don't think he's as bad as most fans do, I just think we don't have as many good players on defense as we've had in the past.

Going 3-7 and now there's recruiting violations? Not good.
I think the violations are basically trumped up minor stuff to get out of paying a full buyout. I bet Fulmer gets ousted too, and they hire Hugh Freeze if Pruitt is gone. Hopefully he'll be our DC next season

I think the violations are basically trumped up minor stuff to get out of paying a full buyout. I bet Fulmer gets ousted too, and they hire Hugh Freeze if Pruitt is gone. Hopefully he'll be our DC next season
That setup at Tennessee was lunacy to begin with. Hiring Fulmer, who knows zero about being an athletic director, and letting him hire the coach was never going to work.

Fulmer wants to be coach again and I recall his original idea was to hire him as coach and he would get a young guy--I've forgotten now who it was Fulmer had in mind--and the young guy would do the actual coaching while Fulmer would have the title and run the program.

Even Tennessee is not that dumb, so Fulmer took the AD job. And Jimmy Haslam having a major influence just adds to the lunacy

I think you get your wish gps_3. No good coach is going to take that job with Fulmer looking over his shoulder.

And I've love to see Freeze go to Tennessee. The SEC would become even more of a monster

I'm interested to see what happens in Tuscaloosa. Obviously we need a new OC. Appears that Bill O'Brein and Adam Gase have at least been approached. All season long it's seemed a foregone conclusion that Pete Golding (DC) won't be back, but I wonder if he stays for continuity sake. I also don't think he's as bad as most fans do, I just think we don't have as many good players on defense as we've had in the past.
Gase lol.

Rumors that Pete Golding is headed to Texas with Sarkisian. If true I imagine it happened like this:

Saban: "Ok Steve, I'll give you my blessing to leave for Texas, but you have to do me one favor..."
Sark: "Sure, I'll coach the championship game"
Saban: "There's something else..."

Rumors that Pete Golding is headed to Texas with Sarkisian. If true I imagine it happened like this:

Saban: "Ok Steve, I'll give you my blessing to leave for Texas, but you have to do me one favor..."
Sark: "Sure, I'll coach the championship game"
Saban: "There's something else..."
The Florida game I think seemed like the final straw tbh, I just remember the defensive breakdown on a TD and Golding bending over with his hands over his knees and Saban bending down to get an answer lol was quite the scene

LOL because he'd be a bad hire, or because no way he'd go to Alabama?
Gase is a joke of a coach unless he has Peyton Manning propping him up. The damage he did to the career of Sam Darnold should be enough for Saban to stay away but he did work for him at Michigan State so who knows.

That setup at Tennessee was lunacy to begin with. Hiring Fulmer, who knows zero about being an athletic director, and letting him hire the coach was never going to work.

Fulmer wants to be coach again and I recall his original idea was to hire him as coach and he would get a young guy--I've forgotten now who it was Fulmer had in mind--and the young guy would do the actual coaching while Fulmer would have the title and run the program.

Even Tennessee is not that dumb, so Fulmer took the AD job. And Jimmy Haslam having a major influence just adds to the lunacy

I think you get your wish gps_3. No good coach is going to take that job with Fulmer looking over his shoulder.

And I've love to see Freeze go to Tennessee. The SEC would become even more of a monster
BAMA gets their D Coordinator too.

Looks like Bo Davis to Texas. That’s a good and smart hire

LSU wanted him badly I think

Going to be funny when they fire Pruitt for 'recruiting violations' and replace him with Freeze.

And bold they hire Glazier. Those violations are either massive, or he's there to get them out of having to pay the buyout.

Going to be funny when they fire Pruitt for 'recruiting violations' and replace him with Freeze.

And bold they hire Glazier. Those violations are either massive, or he's there to get them out of having to pay the buyout.

On a husker board, someone posted that the violation was they weren't paying the players. That got a good laugh.

I’m not sure LSU could’ve done it either with all the shit going on, but that would’ve been awesome imo

Hadn't posted but Ravens assistant MacDonald will be DC or Co- DC at Michigan once Ravens get bounced.

Zach Arnett from Messy St in BR interviewing after the Freeman whiff.

Ill take it at this point

Back