• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread Time...

fair point

I don't think it would have been much different is what Im saying....He is limited in what he can do, Reid is an aggressive play caller , the chiefs were limited with Smith
I seriously think his talent was already ruined by circumstance well before he got to Andy Reid

Wilson had inflated stats due to playing a high school schedule this year. Most of their games were scrimmages. His overinflated belief in his arm will lead to picks at the next level. I'll be back to admit I was wrong if he proves it but I doubt I will be.
The schedule stuff is nonsense when he is playing with players no better or worse than his competition.

Whatever let the Jets waste another year with Darnold. As long as they don't draft any QBs other than Wilson I will suffer in silence.

Alex smith was a #1 pick so obviously some ppl smarter than us at talent evaluation saw something in him!!

He made all the throws. Big arm and he fits it into tight windows. Its ok if you hate BYU but Wilson is an outstanding prospect.
I don't hate BYU. I also root for kids from the state of Utah to be successful. Read my post about what I think is best for Wilson, I stand by that. There's a scenario where he could have a great career, going to a shit jets team where he'll be set up to fail isn't one of them.

Reactions: KJ
at talent evaluation yes I assume they prob smarter than us. Suppose it the realist in me.
Some are and some aren't. I'm not saying that I am a better evaluator than Ozzie Newsome but I for sure know I am a better talent evaluator than former Jets GM Mike Maccagnan.

Not meaning to attack you but have you actually watched Darnold play since entering the league and if the answer is yes what positives have you seen. He was the lowest rated QB in the league in his third year and had an embarrasingly low 9 TD passes.

Darnold had the sixth-best clean pocket completion percentage this season. Just give the man some time to throw.

John Harbaugh
Ron Rivera
Doug Pederson
Sean McDermott
Matt Nagy
Brad Childress
Todd Bowles
Steve Spagnuolo

some iffy branches but pretty damn solid tree with 3 SB appearances and 2 wins.
A few reaches on the coaching tree no?

Rivera wasnt a HC till a decade after he was ever with Reid
McDermott arguably more a Rivera guy
Bowles was already in the league for a decade before his 1 year spent with reid in philly

Spags and chilly failed as head guys
Nagy doesnt look that great

Pederson and harbaugh won chips so cant complain

it's especially iffy with former OCs though in today's world, Pedersons offense isnt something teams are clamoring for, nagy and childress aren't it either

I wonder who all these sources are , player reps /agents or owners side

my guess the former

trading Watson turns this league into the NBA , while interesting for twitter and hot take shows not great for the league as a whole

Well it's already been compromised by the Elways and Mannings of the world

Hard to blame someone for wanting out of dysfunction AFTER they've experienced it

What Elway did to the Colts and what Archie did the the Chargers is reckless to the game imo

Way way different league now , with the money thiat QBs make in any market

did Watson not sign his massive extension after the Hopkins trade . Am I supposed to believe this massive dysfunction just appeared after he signed this extension?

Way way different league now , with the money thiat QBs make in any market

did Watson not sign his massive extension after the Hopkins trade . Am I supposed to believe this massive dysfunction just appeared after he signed this extension?
It sounds like it's all come in the last few weeks from everything I've read, probably doesn't help that every recent good Houston player stands by his side, even JJ

Well it's already been compromised by the Elways and Mannings of the world

Hard to blame someone for wanting out of dysfunction AFTER they've experienced it

What Elway did to the Colts and what Archie did the the Chargers is reckless to the game imo
But it worked out for both players quite well.

You signed the contract now live with it. I hope they don't give in and trade him.
Getting 3 first rounders, couple other picks/players including pick #2 this year while getting out of contract may be what they want to rebuild. Hard not to consider it. Get a QB on rookie deal. Rebuild roster.

But it worked out for both players quite well.
It did but if we're trying to protect this culture of "parity" you simply can't allow that to happen

Manipulation by players has been happening for a long time, just in different ways. Houston having to unload the Watson contract is no Spring breeze, receiving team is gonna have to pick up a bunch of that signing bonus

Getting 3 first rounders, couple other picks/players including pick #2 this year while getting out of contract may be what they want to rebuild. Hard not to consider it. Get a QB on rookie deal. Rebuild roster.

This would be such a Jets move ,

the Jets need a QB on a rookie contract in order to build up that roster, not the second ? Largest contract in the league

Oh Watson has a no trade clause , well that’s interesting , you think he signs off on Jets ?

It did but if we're trying to protect this culture of "parity" you simply can't allow that to happen

Manipulation by players has been happening for a long time, just in different ways. Houston having to unload the Watson contract is no Spring breeze, receiving team is gonna have to pick up a bunch of that signing bonus
I don’t agree with it either and was very glad Burrow didn’t take that route. You really can only do it too if you’re completely confident your kid/client/self is going to be a star, otherwise its complete disaster.

The fact it worked out so well for Elway and Eli always amazes me though. That’s a lot of extra pressure.

Reactions: KJ
I don’t agree with it either and was very glad Burrow didn’t take that route. You really can only do it too if you’re completely confident your kid/client/self is going to be a star, otherwise its complete disaster.

The fact it worked out so well for Elway and Eli always amazes me though. That’s a lot of extra pressure.
Only thing comparable I can think of is JD Drew but that's apples and oranges obv

5-6th best player in a big market is still signing a guaranteed 9 figure contract in bases

The Jets have an expansion roster and it would make no sense to make that deal.

I've only gone back a couple of pages, but has Emkee come in and said the Eagles are going to fuck up this coaching hire yet? Because the Eagles look ready to really fuck up this coaching hire.

Some of it will be fate though, apparently they've mismanaged the cap beyond just Wentz. So in essence they're probably looking at a year or two of being pretty shitty as they turn the roster over. That is unless Kafka or McDaniels comes in and works miracles with Wentz. Which it's kind of looking like the direction they're heading.

Although maybe Wentz steps up and says he'll restructure his deal and they can send him to Indy (doubtful). And even then, what's their cap look like. Anyway, if you were going to fire Pederson, you probably should have fired Roseman as well.

All of this is crazy, of course. With the sixth pick in the draft you can have a shutdown corner like Surtain, or pretty much the best player at any position other than QB or OL. You would think with that, combined with getting guys back from injury, this team could be good. More and more it looks like, however, that will not be the case.

I've only gone back a couple of pages, but has Emkee come in and said the Eagles are going to fuck up this coaching hire yet? Because the Eagles look ready to really fuck up this coaching hire.

Some of it will be fate though, apparently they've mismanaged the cap beyond just Wentz. So in essence they're probably looking at a year or two of being pretty shitty as they turn the roster over. That is unless Kafka or McDaniels comes in and works miracles with Wentz. Which it's kind of looking like the direction they're heading.

Although maybe Wentz steps up and says he'll restructure his deal and they can send him to Indy (doubtful). And even then, what's their cap look like. Anyway, if you were going to fire Pederson, you probably should have fired Roseman as well.

All of this is crazy, of course. With the sixth pick in the draft you can have a shutdown corner like Surtain, or pretty much the best player at any position other than QB or OL. You would think with that, combined with getting guys back from injury, this team could be good. More and more it looks like, however, that will not be the case.
Division also awful, won’t take much to win it.

Back