• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread Time...

Lions have their GM, Rams happy AF they get two third round comp picks.

Know nothing about Holmes, guessing better than Millen and Quinn.

Marvin Lewis still in play as HC lol

Have a feeling college coaches think recruiting their own athletes and job security is much less stress than managing egos of athletes under contract.
There’s no offseason though, and many schools don’t get who they want.
Recruiting at these football factories and the politics involved is unimaginable.

It’s harder to “make it” in the NFL as a successful coach though if that’s what you mean. Have to have a very good front office usually.

There’s no offseason though, and many schools don’t get who they want.
Recruiting at these football factories and the politics involved is unimaginable.
There's no offseason in the NFL though either, it's why we get shows 365/year on NFL and instead of booster politics, it's owner/GM politics, managing salary cap, etc. If NFL were easier, you wouldn't see such turnover from top to bottom (well, figuratively speaking sans a couple poorly runs orgs) every year which really isn't the case in college. Coaches can sell programs, history, recent success to recruits in college. In the pros they can't really sell that unless your name is Jack Elway or Archie Manning.

It’s harder to “make it” in the NFL as a successful coach though if that’s what you mean. Have to have a very good front office usually.
That’s why I said this part. It’s 30 teams.

It’s easier to be Gary Patterson or Kirk Ferentz, I agree.

there are also Marv Lewis and Jeff Fishers though

GM/Front office take a lot of the burden off that part of coaching in many organizations

So excited for urban. He will take no prisoners. Love this for the jags. He's definitely not a system guy anymore. Totally evolved his offense over the years. Great hire. Home run.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
When it comes to NFL, I root for entertainment so this is a huge win as was gruden coming back as was chip going to the eagles.

So glad Saleh didn't come here. Rah Rah guys blow balls. Will probably keep darnold. He is a great fit for the new offense.

Urban will wreck the league in 3 years. Set scoring records. He is a genius.

Lions need to stop falling in love with defensive coach backgrounds. Seriously.

The one offensive minded coach they had in last 3-4 coaches did just fine. I'd rather have Bevell or Campbell than Lewis or Bowles.

If it has to be a DC the Rams guy is pretty astute and young at least and would bring Rams offense concepts with him. Rams and New Orleans are two organizations you want to emulate as far as modern nfl. They both have been long term winning analytical teams and know what they are doing.

I think Holmes knows wtf he's doing though as far as drafting at least.

Last edited:
@VirginiaCavs

is it a coincidence that Urban can draft a buckeye at #1?

I think he took the job just to draft Fields. He lost the CFB championship, gotta give Fields a consolation prize.....:)

@VirginiaCavs

is it a coincidence that Urban can draft a buckeye at #1?

I think he took the job just to draft Fields. He lost the CFB championship, gotta give Fields a consolation prize.....:)

Brewers, it‘s enough that you make the same joke 10 times on your own account. Now you have to use your alternate account to say the same thing?

Wait.......Jacksonville doesn’t need to draft Fields......they can get Haskins........Meyer to the rescue..........

Oh, no, JT Barrett is still alive somewhere. They're going to get Barrett, for sure. Hey, Meyer was also a Florida guy. Maybe he takes Tebow instead?? Which do you find more likely??? I can't wait to hear your expert take on this.

Obviously I do not like the Saleh hire but there is one positive I can take from it and that is there is no way they are drafting Fields to run a WCO. Zach Wilson is perfect for this style of offense but I think they will stick with Darnold and waste another season.

Obviously I do not like the Saleh hire but there is one positive I can take from it and that is there is no way they are drafting Fields to run a WCO. Zach Wilson is perfect for this style of offense but I think they will stick with Darnold and waste another season.
Don’t we need WR for west coast offense? Will the Heisman fit the system?

Back