• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Coaching Carousel Thread Time...

No you guys did the right thing and lost out after winning the first game. The Jets were 3 games away from Lawrence and threw it away making them the dumbest organization in the league.

The players tried hard though. Like there were some decently close calls. Our team just sucked plus the injuries.

The players tried hard though. Like there were some decently close calls. Our team just sucked plus the injuries.
The bottom line is you got the job done. The Jets were 3 losses away from locking up Lawrence and gave it away. If they had won early in the season I wouldn't be that upset but once you are 0-13 and know you have to lose out to lock up a QB this good you do it.

The Jets going from Lawrence to Fields if they are stupid enough to pick him would be it for me with this team. For all the stupidity I have watched from this team nothing would top that turn of events.

The thought of hiring yet another defensive coordinator infuriates me. The Jets havent had a good offense since 1998 and I seriously doubt that Saleh will make it any different. Better him than Marvin Lewis but dammit hire Joe Brady and draft Zach Wilson so we don't have to suck forever.

The thought of hiring yet another defensive coordinator infuriates me. The Jets havent had a good offense since 1998 and I seriously doubt that Saleh will make it any different. Better him than Marvin Lewis but dammit hire Joe Brady and draft Zach Wilson so we don't have to suck forever.
Why do you think Wilson will be so good

Lol I think Lance in 2nd behind Trevor. Ppl sleeping on him. Mac jones may not be an all pro but he will be a legit starter in the league for a decade
I watched a ton of Lance highlights and he is constantly running when his first target isn't open so I want no part of him. Jones has no physical ability at all and was carried by an NFL level group of players around him like Dorsey was 20 years ago.

I think Wilson best case scenario is Aaron Rodgers and Fields best case scenario is switching positions to be Terrell Pryor.

The bottom line is you got the job done. The Jets were 3 losses away from locking up Lawrence and gave it away. If they had won early in the season I wouldn't be that upset but once you are 0-13 and know you have to lose out to lock up a QB this good you do it.
Well now that Khan wants to be Jerry lite isn't going to help at all

Well now that Khan wants to be Jerry lite isn't going to help at all
Khan is absolutely a complete clown but he won't screw up the obvious number one pick. There is definitely a good chance that they ruin the career of Lawrence but at least they have a possible franchise QB.

Reactions: KJ
I have a big bet with a friend about Joe Brady.
If he gets a HC job already I’m out a lot of money.
IF that happens, can someone tell me a more meteoric rise ever in football period?

The Jets going with another defensive coordinator is beyond disappointing. In the last 20 years or so they have only hired two coaches with an offensive background- Kotite who was a former tight ends coach that was just fired by the Eagles and Gase who was Peyton's water boy just fired from Miami.

Absolutely despicable organization from top to bottom and Douglas is proving to be the latest idiot GM. So thats now one more strike against this team and picking Fields will be the final one. Fuck this team.

I have a big bet with a friend about Joe Brady.
If he gets a HC job already I’m out a lot of money.
IF that happens, can someone tell me a more meteoric rise ever in football period?

sure does seem a little quick. Think I’d prefer he waited another year or 2. I’d be selective if I was him or the kc oc for that matter. Nothing can ruin ya quicker than jumping at a crappy job (not that any of them crappy jobs but ya know what I mean).

sure does seem a little quick. Think I’d prefer he waited another year or 2. I’d be selective if I was him or the kc oc for that matter. Nothing can ruin ya quicker than jumping at a crappy job (not that any of them crappy jobs but ya know what I mean).
Yeah it was a little quick for Sean McVay and how has that worked out. Brady is going to be a great coach and I would hire him a year too early vs missing out. Sure as hell rather hire Brady instead of the DC of the moment.

Jets fans are all jerking themselves off thinking this is the greatest thing ever. We have one incredibly stupid fan base.
It’s not a bad hire IF he brings the right OC, but it won’t matter unless they upgrade the skill positions. Darnold or any qb has no viable rb and a bunch of no 2 and 3 Wrs at best

It’s not a bad hire IF he brings the right OC, but it won’t matter unless they upgrade the skill positions. Darnold or any qb has no viable rb and a bunch of no 2 and 3 Wrs at best
They have a ton of cap room and some of that will go to a receiver. I've been through way too many defensive minded head coaches and it always ends up the same. Its hardly a coincidence that the Jets offense has sucked since 1998.

A Shannahan offense would not be a good fit for either Wilson or Fields. You better have a damn good oline to get that kind of play action, stay in pocket offense.

Yeah it was a little quick for Sean McVay and how has that worked out. Brady is going to be a great coach and I would hire him a year too early vs missing out. Sure as hell rather hire Brady instead of the DC of the moment.

Fair enough. I was kinda thinking that as I typed. Lol. He went to a place that being well run, I would hold out for that. Like I dunno if I’d jump at the Texans Job, maybe If ya can get watson on board but that a bad run team and they lacking draft capitol. Jags owner would scare me but again tough to pass up getting to work with Lawrence. Jets have lots of picks and cap space so think that a decent job. I’d jump at chance at the chargers gig!! I’d avoid Detroit and Philly and wait another year without a doubt!! Not sure bout the atl gig? They over the cap I believe and need some changes, also gotta figure out what they gonna do with Ryan. Not like their stars are gonna fall, saying no just makes them want you more!!

They have a ton of cap room and some of that will go to a receiver. I've been through way too many defensive minded head coaches and it always ends up the same. Its hardly a coincidence that the Jets offense has sucked since 1998.

there plenty of examples of good coaches coming from the defensive side. I think the ability to build a culture way more important than what side the ball you come from, you obviously gotta hire the right ppl regardless.

A Shannahan offense would not be a good fit for either Wilson or Fields. You better have a damn good oline to get that kind of play action, stay in pocket offense.
I actually think that Wilson would be a great fit in that offense. Fields would be a disaster but you could say that about any offense he would be in.

I actually think that Wilson would be a great fit in that offense. Fields would be a disaster but you could say that about any offense he would be in.

You such a fields hater! You somehow manage to get a shot on him no matter what thread about!! Lol. After watching him in the clemson game i think he might be a fine nfl qb. I didn’t see any the things he gets knocked for. He went thru progressions and didn’t stare down wrs, he def tough. I’m not gonna destroy him for the Bama game, no way he was close to 100% and nobody for osu played well. Certainly not saying I’d take him if I was jets, I’d stick with darnold.

I dunno what his work ethic like or what kind a kid he is? I damn sure don’t buy wilson as a top 5 pick like everyone else seems to. Very baker mayfield imo, which fine but don’t think he ever be anywhere close to the top guys in nfl. Not saying fields will be, I just don’t know on him.

You such a fields hater! You somehow manage to get a shot on him no matter what thread about!! Lol. After watching him in the clemson game i think he might be a fine nfl qb. I didn’t see any the things he gets knocked for. He went thru progressions and didn’t stare down wrs, he def tough. I’m not gonna destroy him for the Bama game, no way he was close to 100% and nobody for osu played well. Certainly not saying I’d take him if I was jets, I’d stick with darnold.

I dunno what his work ethic like or what kind a kid he is? I damn sure don’t buy wilson as a top 5 pick like everyone else seems to. Very baker mayfield imo, which fine but don’t think he ever be anywhere close to the top guys in nfl. Not saying fields will be, I just don’t know on him.
If Fields is drafted by the Jets I walk away. As for Wilson I see a lot of Rodgers in his game.

If Fields is drafted by the Jets I walk away. As for Wilson I see a lot of Rodgers in his game.

wow. I don’t see the arm talent or athleticism of young Rodgers. He thinks he more athletic than I believe he is which got him in some trouble against guys who won’t sniff the nfl, think it be a huge problem at the nfl level. I have no doubt he can be a piece of a good team but I don’t see him lifting a average team to new heights.

the one thing id say for him that might help him if he lands in a good spot, I don’t think the play calling or coaching did him any favors at byu!!

The Jets going with another defensive coordinator is beyond disappointing. In the last 20 years or so they have only hired two coaches with an offensive background- Kotite who was a former tight ends coach that was just fired by the Eagles and Gase who was Peyton's water boy just fired from Miami.

Absolutely despicable organization from top to bottom and Douglas is proving to be the latest idiot GM. So thats now one more strike against this team and picking Fields will be the final one. Fuck this team.

you really want another Gase? I truly don’t think it matters which side the ball they came up on. The best coaches become overseers of everything and delegate out where they weak. You bring a good oc with you it shouldn’t matter. Harbaugh and judge were both special teams coaches!

you really want another Gase? I truly don’t think it matters which side the ball they came up on. The best coaches become overseers of everything and delegate out where they weak. You bring a good oc with you it shouldn’t matter. Harbaugh and judge were both special teams coaches!
No I want Joe Brady who has shown he can coach up an offense.

Wilson is a spoiled, entitled bitch according to quite a few scouts. Questionable leadership skills I've read...I can't deny his accuracy, playmaking skills and moxie though. Definite boom or bust imo.
I’ve read those same hit pieces and the fact is his teammates all came to his defense. The accuracy, play making skills and moxie all describe Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.

Back