• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Clay Helton Gone

Ya I dont mean enrollment

USC is a brand, arizonas only brand is as party schools

Even in pac 12 I'd say arizona and Asu are near bottom in terms of job desirability
There is no doubt that ASU absolutely sucks in marketing their brand

It's not even a tough sell

there is no pressure on any coach for any team inLA from
Media except the Lakers . That’s it

Between Urban's background and Shelly's twitter presence the LA media would absolutely drag the two of them. This wouldn't be about sports and therefore would grab the attention of LA in a major way. And the very small and dying breed of win at all costs alumni living in OC wouldn't be a blip on the radar in terms of counteracting all the negative press. It would get ugly.

Urban needs a small market where he can toil in relative obscurity. Jacksonville is actually the perfect spot for him. Unfortunately, he's a shit NFL coach lol.

The studio is the best spot for Urban at this point. He was legit GREAT at that.

Reactions: KJ
Between Urban's background and Shelly's twitter presence the LA media would absolutely drag the two of them. This wouldn't be about sports and therefore would grab the attention of LA in a major way. And the very small and dying breed of win at all costs alumni living in OC wouldn't be a blip on the radar in terms of counteracting all the negative press. It would get ugly.

Urban needs a small market where he can toil in relative obscurity. Jacksonville is actually the perfect spot for him. Unfortunately, he's a shit NFL coach lol.

The studio is the best spot for Urban at this point. He was legit GREAT at that.
I like him in the studio

No chance in hell he could handle LA media...we see TMZ and laugh but it's that x 100

In a city with so many pro teams is the media in LA really that focused and tough on SC / UCLA? Seems like Plaschke has a perpetual burr in his ass. But, hell, he probably complains about 75 and sunny weather.

In a city with so many pro teams is the media in LA really that focused and tough on SC / UCLA? Seems like Plaschke has a perpetual burr in his ass. But, hell, he probably complains about 75 and sunny weather.
More so on USC than UCLA...private school with tradition

UCLA will always be a state school so not much scrutiny

I actually place USC above the Dodgers as far as media

Lakers will always be one obviously but USC is 2...wanted to call them 1A but they aren't close to the Lakers

A good point brought up by someone on Twitter: If you're going to fire your coach after 2 games, you should have fired him last season. No reason to let a coach start the year then fire him this quickly outside of scandal. What a mess the USC AD is
Eerily similar to the other USC.

Last edited:
When you crossover into societal issues, then yeah.

Urban and his wife got some serious baggage.

SC has already spent plenty of time getting dragged for non-football issues over the past decade. And I don't think they want any more of it.

When you crossover into societal issues, then yeah.

Urban and his wife got some serious baggage.

SC has already spent plenty of time getting dragged for non-football issues over the past decade. And I don't think they want any more of it.
They are a private school

Hire Aunt Becky

They won't ever do it but Hugh Freeze is the guy I would hire for any big time job. He's exactly who I want for Miami but neither of these programs cares about winning.

They won't ever do it but Hugh Freeze is the guy I would hire for any big time job. He's exactly who I want for Miami but neither of these programs cares about winning.
Hugh Freeze in Miami?

giphy.gif

Seems like the kind of gig Franklin would jump ship for

Surprised there isn't more talk of current NFL head coaches
Not too many want that "world" right now other than Coach Urban Meyer.

I just can't see CUM in LA as a head coach with all the paparazzi

Could see a splash move for someone like JACK HARBAUGH or Payton types but they'd have to embrace recruiting which would age anyone

I just can't see CUM in LA as a head coach with all the paparazzi

Could see a splash move for someone like JACK HARBAUGH or Payton types but they'd have to embrace recruiting which would age anyone
Cant see JACK and his wife moving from A2 where they live next door to a shitload of grandchildren and their son.

I think Tomlin would be great there but zero chance anyone willingly leaves the Steelers org for good reason

He's probably done the best crisis management that I can think of in recent history at PSU

I'd say Matt Rhule would be second
I think the guy he replaced at PSU would be a better choice. But that's just me.

Awful game manager

Lucked into one conference title

Solid recruiter.

About it.

It's funny how Franklin has built such a mystique amongst fans who obviously have never actually watched him coach a game of football.

It feels like his name has been perpetually linked with SC ever since they went toe to toe with PSU in the rose bowl. Why Franklin would then become inextricably linked with SC for that reason alone makes zero sense to me. But not much that goes on at SC makes much sense.

To be fair to Franklin though...putting together winning seasons at Vandy was a helluva accopmlishment. If you ignore the off field stuff, of course.

Last edited:
The worst thing about this is how it has ruined hours and hours of talk radio wasting time discussing hypotheticals over and over. I try and listen between all the Sirius college stations and the amount of time all 6 have spent on this day after day after day is beyond annoying.

Back