• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2021

0.5* Live Montreal ML +120

Hamilton up 13-10 but Hamilton’s offence is in trouble. If it weren’t for some big kick returns and one big play they might not have scored at all.

Results after week 4

Sides 6-5 +0.90*
Totals 6-1 +4.93*
Live/2H 4-2 +0.465*
Tease/Parlay 0-1 -0.50*
Player Props 0-1 -0.575*

Overall 16-10 +5.22*

Advantage over Close

Sides +18.5
Totals +5.5

4-3 for a small profit in week 4

Results after week 4

Sides 6-5 +0.90*
Totals 6-1 +4.93*
Live/2H 4-2 +0.465*
Tease/Parlay 0-1 -0.50*
Player Props 0-1 -0.575*

Overall 16-10 +5.22*

Advantage over Close

Sides +18.5
Totals +5.5

4-3 for a small profit in week 4
Good stuff

Just keep on getting the winning weeks.

Lines back to coming out on Tuesday is a nice surprise although it caught me a little off guard. Lets hope that continues.

Ott +6 is nice but I am waiting for the line to climb. Who is/was excited to bet Ottawa? I think no one so it should climb? We will see.

Winnipeg +4 I have to. They are still tops and anything >3 is too good to pass up

Ticats -2.5 I am in now and hope this line climbs. I have the opportunity to middle or get out. After a terrible early schedule the Ticats have their QB back and are at home. Argo's have improved but still a ways to go for this line to be so low.

EDM +6 pure gamble here based upon line. This could goto higher but I have an early position. Can add or in game.

I think the overs will be strong this week. Holiday weekend in Canada should/could put on an offensive show.

Ott +6 is nice but I am waiting for the line to climb. Who is/was excited to bet Ottawa? I think no one so it should climb? We will see.

Winnipeg +4 I have to. They are still tops and anything >3 is too good to pass up

Ticats -2.5 I am in now and hope this line climbs. I have the opportunity to middle or get out. After a terrible early schedule the Ticats have their QB back and are at home. Argo's have improved but still a ways to go for this line to be so low.

EDM +6 pure gamble here based upon line. This could goto higher but I have an early position. Can add or in game.

I think the overs will be strong this week. Holiday weekend in Canada should/could put on an offensive show.

Agree on Ottawa. As horrible as their offence is, their Defence is good enough to keep them within a TD in most games and Montreal's offense is really struggling. VAj seems to be in his own head a little bit right now.

The cats OL is so terrible its hard to bet them right now. Line is about right IMO. Toronto at +3.5 or better probably has value but I'm not ruining the first football game I've been to in almost 2 years on a bet. I will be cheering for the cats loud and proud.

Edmonton is tough to take. I think they're up to 14 players testing positive and they just released their veteran guard for breaking protocols to wake the team up. We don't have a list of who tested positive but its entirely possible this game gets postponed or played with key starters missing. I think the line goes up over 7 as this news gets out there. Problem is I'm not sure I can take Calgary to cover this number against a good defense.

Agree on Ottawa. As horrible as their offence is, their Defence is good enough to keep them within a TD in most games and Montreal's offense is really struggling. VAj seems to be in his own head a little bit right now.

The cats OL is so terrible its hard to bet them right now. Line is about right IMO. Toronto at +3.5 or better probably has value but I'm not ruining the first football game I've been to in almost 2 years on a bet. I will be cheering for the cats loud and proud.

Edmonton is tough to take. I think they're up to 14 players testing positive and they just released their veteran guard for breaking protocols to wake the team up. We don't have a list of who tested positive but its entirely possible this game gets postponed or played with key starters missing. I think the line goes up over 7 as this news gets out there. Problem is I'm not sure I can take Calgary to cover this number against a good defense.
Good info and I appreciate your words to make me better informed. If Edmonton is that bad off maybe I should pass. I have not placed anything as of yet but I am excited to see the numbers appear. Appreciate you Hulu. Hope you are back home and had a good trip.

Good info and I appreciate your words to make me better informed. If Edmonton is that bad off maybe I should pass. I have not placed anything as of yet but I am excited to see the numbers appear. Appreciate you Hulu. Hope you are back home and had a good trip.
I made it home. Thanks

Vaj has completed less than 50% on the season. His TD to int ratio doesnt impress anyone either. In my opinion they are going to have to pound the running game or Vaj is going to have to elevate his game. Usually bad CFL QB's stay the same until they put a new guy in there. Tough matchup for Montreal here the way I see it.

So Edmonton hasn't had any positive tests in a few days now and are cleared to practice tomorrow. Once the post-practice injury report comes out we'll know if theyre missing any key p[layers

Calgary +7 (W)
Over 44.5 (L)

I can't believe that these games will keep hitting under the total too much longer. RIGHT?!?

YTD: 19-9

Calgary +7 (W)
Over 44.5 (L)

I can't believe that these games will keep hitting under the total too much longer. RIGHT?!?

YTD: 19-9
I keep looking for signs that offences are getting it together but so far defences rule as so many teams have OL troubles. Sask looks like the only team capable of scoring.

I keep looking for signs that offences are getting it together but so far defences rule as so many teams have OL troubles. Sask looks like the only team capable of scoring.
And also...I can only recall one special teams or defensive TD this year. That is very low by CFL standards and one would think it has to change.

Just look at 2019...the front half of the season was loaded with kick and punt return TDs and then the back half of the year had few. Maybe we see the reverse this year?

1* Teaser Toronto +8 / Calgary pk +100

Two teams I like this week but didn't like the number for each.

Even though I think Hamilton could well win the game, I see Toronto as the better team at this moment and their pass rush should make life difficult for Dane Evans. I think its a close game either way. And in Calgary, the Elks are in a mess with a short week of practice, on the road in a spot they rarely win and potentially multiple players missing due to covid protocols.

Labour day favorites do pretty well. I haven’t bet for Monday but I think some points will be good. Extra practice /rest and put on a better holiday game.

0.5* Live WPG / SSK over 38.5 -115

Taken at end of 1Q. This game looks wide open and the scoring will come. Both QB's slinging it all over

I'm glad I stayed off yesterdays game as I was "leaning" Saskatchewan +4.5 / Over 43

Monday Morning:
Hamilton -115 (W)
Over 44.5 (W)

Monday Afternoon:
Calgary -5.5 (L)
Under 43.5 (L)

YTD: 21-13

Last edited:
Results after week 5

Sides 7-5 +1.90*
Totals 7-2 +4.83*
Live/2H 4-4 -0.685*
Tease/Parlay 0-2 -1.50*
Player Props 0-1 -0.575*

Overall 18-14 +3.97*

Advantage over Close

Sides +17.5
Totals +8.0

2-4 this week. Really shot myself in the foot...not my finest hour. Back to the drawing board.

Early low-limit lines for week 6...

HAM @ TOR +4 45.5
SSK @ WPG -3.5 41.5
CAL @ EDM pk 42.5
OTT @ BC -7.5 43.5

I got about a quarter unit down on Calgary pk. I think they win the rubber match with Bo back at the helm.

This thread usually dies when the NFL starts so I'll post some thoughts in hopes of bringing back the discussion...

I'm not a fan of these rubber matches after labour day. They are tradition but I find them tough to cap. A B2B matchup tends to favour the team that lost the previous week since they will tend to adjust their gameplan more than the winner. Even moreso if the loser is heading home where they get the extra day of practice and their home crowd.

First up the cats visit the argos on a very short week for both, Mon-Fri. I think thats an advantage for the cats because how much can you really change in 2 practices? I suspect both teams will come out and play fairly similar to last week. Advantage cats again. And although this is a road game for Hamilton, its not much of one. Its a 45 minute bus ride the morning of the game, no plane ride, no travel day so this is one of those road games where both teams get the same amount of practice.

Last week the tabbies OL held up surprisingly well and LT Kay 'the pylon' Okafor had his best outing of the season. Mostly because Toronto has 4/5 top DL on the 6 game right now and could not sustain any pressure. Things are not getting any better this week for the argos as they had a couple of people hurt in the secondary last game and even had to drop a raw NAT rookie in at safety which cost them a TD. I'll be watching to see what the state of that defence is this week. Meanwhile Dane Evans is starting to look really good. He is actually moving the pocket better than Masoli and is even more inclined to scramble than he was LY. His arm strength is outstanding and he can throw on the run as good as anybody I've seen. If this line can give him evan an average level of protection, he should be able to score 30+.

Depending on the line, I may have some interest in the cats this week. Might even try to get to the game if I can.

eta...Forgot to mention...this cats defense is for real. I thought they would be a tick down from 2019 but they are better. DL is talented and very deep...at least 7 guys who could be regular starters. LB corps is great and Santos-Knox has been really solid in the middle. Secondary is solid across the board. This defense is right up there with Winnipeg's at the moment.

SSK @ WPG

As Willie Jefferson put it about SSK last week "They ain't played nobody special. Nobody with no heat, the way we're coming." And he was right. Sask are paper tigers...able to beat up on the teams they should but not up to hanging with the big boys. It wasn't surprising to see the Bombers defense completely shut this team down they way they have done to many others. So what happens this week? We don't have an injury report from WPG yet but Sask's is concerning. They are down 2 all-star DBs in Ed Gainey and Luchez Purifoy and they are both looking doubtful for the trip. The secondary is the strength of this defense so tht is a major problem for them. They will likely have DT Micah Johnson back which would be a huge help in stopping Andrew Harris, assuming he can be stopped at home.

All in all I think Winnipeg wins this but I wouldn't bet any big number here. The over might be more tempting if we get a really low number.

CGY @ EDM

The Elks finally looked like the team I thought they were to begin the year and I still love the over 5 RSW bets that I have on them. And they just signed NFL castoff and former Rider LB Derrick Moncrief which will really improve their play at the SAM position when he clears protocol. Their defense has been above average and their offense and in particular Ellignson have finally started to click. I still think this team finishes .500 or better.

Meanwhile Calgary is 1-4 and although Jake Maier has looked very impressive for a rookie out of UC Davis, he isn't a starting QB yet. He has shown he doesn't know how to finish games and makes mistakes at key times. He will be very good someday, just not yet. Also, their receiving corps has some talent, but not enough and they've been plagued by the dropsies recently. Enter Bo Levi Mitchell who the stamps pulled from the 6gm early last week but then didn't play him. Early pulls are limited and come with some financial reprecussions so they wouldn't have done it if they didn't plan to start him so I think its 90% he starts this game. And he will be the difference. Much like Tom Brady has the ability to make very ordinary receivers look like starting NFL talent, BLM does the same thing somehow and his group will get an immediate lift from him being back.

All in all, I think Calgary wins the rubber match in Edmonton but I wouldn't lay any real number on it. I am hoping the line is better than pk.

I saw Naylor talking about how passes over 30 yards were up around 40% last week on the season average so far

I wonder if the offenses are finally catching up to the defenses and we see a bit of an over run

Back