• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2021

Montreal was up to 3.5 this morning and 5.5 now...
Once Pinny opened at -3 every other book followed and then the heavy action came in.

But honestly I have no idea what to make of how lines are being released this year. It always used to be pinnacle or bookmaker first but now We have square books releasing early lines and somehow 365 has come out a day earlier than pinnacle for the last two weeks. That’s awesome because 365 will take a decent amount of money on an opening line and they are nowhere near as sharp as pinnacle

1* MTL / CGY over 43.5 -110

Some of these historically low totals are going to go over and I think this is a good place to start. Montreal put up 30 last week and I think they can do it again against a weaker defence. All we need out of Maier and co is another 14 whicgh should be do-able.

1* MTL / CGY over 43.5 -110

Some of these historically low totals are going to go over and I think this is a good place to start. Montreal put up 30 last week and I think they can do it again against a weaker defence. All we need out of Maier and co is another 14 whicgh should be do-able.
Ugh 43 now. I HATE not getting the best number.

I got stamps live +1200 when it was 14-3 ALS & the stamps pick it off or it would been 21-3 ALS:eek: Me got real lucky tonight:tiphat3:

0.5* Winnipeg 1H -1 -110

Getting a good number here as most books seem to have it at 1.5 or 2. The bumblers love to play aggressive and get an early lead them clamp down. I think they can do it vs a Toronto defence that is missing 3 regular starting DL and their #1 receiver.

Its a concern that I haven't seen what Arbuckle can really do coming in as a starter yet but he'll be hard pressed to beat this defence.

Complete look ahead lines for next week...

EDM @ TOR -1.5 41.5
HAM @ MTL -1.5 46.5
BC @ OTT +3 42.5
CGY @ WPG -6.5 37.5

A 37.5 total in the CFL. I never thought I'd live to see the day

I like dogs that will be favorites the next week, and I dont like Collaros. Peg ran well in week 1 but didnt run well in week 2. Running will be helpful for Winnipeg.

The play on paper is Toronto. As of now my head is having a hard time submitting the play.

Complete look ahead lines for next week...

EDM @ TOR -1.5 41.5
HAM @ MTL -1.5 46.5
BC @ OTT +3 42.5
CGY @ WPG -6.5 37.5

A 37.5 total in the CFL. I never thought I'd live to see the day
To me if these are the real lines that means tonight is under. I mean if they score 60 combined they would have the number higher. Maybe they do this because there is no stats this week but that low total to me mean another under. We will see.

Yesterday sucked
Montreal-4 (L)
Montreal Under 45.5 (L)

Climbing on the Over Train:
Winnipeg over 45.5
Saskatchewan over 46.5

YTD:14-6

Results after week 3

Sides 4-4 +0.50*
Totals 5-0 +5.00*
Live/2H 3-1 +0.465*
Tease/Parlay 0-1 -0.50*
Player Props 0-1 -0.575*

Overall 12-7 +4.89*

Advantage over Close
Sides +12
Totals +4.5

4-2 for a small profit this week. Onward...

I hope the game does get cancelled because that will refund my EDM over 5 RSW bet for not playing the full 14. It’s not looking great if half the team is sick.

Play #1 will be the Ticats if they are a dog. I think that should be a guarantee, but an injury or anything can happen.
Agreed. This is a good opp for the cats to get right with Adeleke and Levels coming back in defence. They are still down a couple of stud receivers and their OL is suspect at best but I’m not sure Montreal has the defence to exploit those weaknesses.

SI has come out with the following numbers. How close these are to what we are from the big books is anybody’s guess.

HAM @ MTL pk 45.5
BC @ OTT +2 42.5
CGY @ WPG -5 43.5

Cal @ Wpg

How funny that before last week Calgary was+5 at home. This week playing the tough Bombers away they are only +5.5

Cal @ Wpg

How funny that before last week Calgary was+5 at home. This week playing the tough Bombers away they are only +5.5
Jake Maier looked better than most expected last week but I doubt he repeats that against a far superior defence on the road.

The prob with Winnipeg is their offence isn’t all that great either so I wouldn’t trust them to cover that number.

I made it 4.5 and doubt I’ll have a play in that game.

I think over on Friday too. With Evans back in and the Ticats being favorites provides a twist to my thinking. I can see a Ticats, but I already missed the numbers I was looking for.

Be quick or be dead.

With so many in game options I can wait on the side part of this and roll with the over for now.

I think over on Friday too. With Evans back in and the Ticats being favorites provides a twist to my thinking. I can see a Ticats, but I already missed the numbers I was looking for.

Be quick or be dead.

With so many in game options I can wait on the side part of this and roll with the over for now.

Agreed, I was only prepared to take the cats as a dog and that number did not last long. CFL openers used to hang around for a couple hours at least but not anymore. Now they move within minutes.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Evans is a better QB at this point in time (even though he has a higher ceiling IMO) and he is less mobile than Masoli so the OL play will be key. But theres a few signs that they will be better. Hamilton had a bye week and they released LT Tate and the OL had a players only meeting which I always love to back. Also, Montreal DL, although better than LY is still average at best compared to the first 2 fronts that the tabbies faced.

Beyond the injuries that they faced, I think the kitties started believing their own hype as the media pretty much crowned them before the season began with some even predicting an undefeated season (LOL). This has all the signs of a 'get right' game for Hamilton and I think they will be able to score here. And on the other side, VAj is coming off a bad game (even though the numbers were decent) and tends to bounce back, especially at home. Hence the over.

I do worry about Montreal at home but the cats were stung there LY in what looked like an easy win so they won't be looking past this team in any way. Not that they can afford to look past any team right now.

Ticats home to Toronto next week. I predict there will not be a lack of motivation look ahead this week because, like you said, they are 0-2. Next week to the Argo's with a better D they will have greater problems. Assuming the O'line is still bad. Kill em this week Ticats for a better Argo opportunity next week.

Ticats home to Toronto next week. I predict there will not be a lack of motivation look ahead this week because, like you said, they are 0-2. Next week to the Argo's with a better D they will have greater problems. Assuming the O'line is still bad. Kill em this week Ticats for a better Argo opportunity next week.

And the cats have won over 2/3 of those labour day games in Hamilton and covered about 60%. That game is cats or nothing.

Its a big deal in blue collar Hamilton although this will be the smallest crowd in years. Your humble correspondent will be there no matter what. I've only missed 1 labour day game since I was a kid. Highlight of my year.

And the cats have won over 2/3 of those labour day games in Hamilton and covered about 60%. That game is cats or nothing.

Its a big deal in blue collar Hamilton although this will be the smallest crowd in years. Your humble correspondent will be there no matter what. I've only missed 1 labour day game since I was a kid. Highlight of my year.
Awesome.

Agreed, I was only prepared to take the cats as a dog and that number did not last long. CFL openers used to hang around for a couple hours at least but not anymore. Now they move within minutes.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Evans is a better QB at this point in time (even though he has a higher ceiling IMO) and he is less mobile than Masoli so the OL play will be key. But theres a few signs that they will be better. Hamilton had a bye week and they released LT Tate and the OL had a players only meeting which I always love to back. Also, Montreal DL, although better than LY is still average at best compared to the first 2 fronts that the tabbies faced.

Beyond the injuries that they faced, I think the kitties started believing their own hype as the media pretty much crowned them before the season began with some even predicting an undefeated season (LOL). This has all the signs of a 'get right' game for Hamilton and I think they will be able to score here. And on the other side, VAj is coming off a bad game (even though the numbers were decent) and tends to bounce back, especially at home. Hence the over.

I do worry about Montreal at home but the cats were stung there LY in what looked like an easy win so they won't be looking past this team in any way. Not that they can afford to look past any team right now.
Week off negates the home factor imo for montreal

I love that players only meeting from the OL, I think this may be a game that if played in a few weeks would be a 4 point difference 'amiltons way

Offense gets going, like the over play because it does negate a VAj big game, but I really like the hamilton O this week

I was really hoping that the cats would be able to pull Addison off the 6 game early but its not looking like it. He's that second speed guy that can pull coverage away from Speedy B to let him operate.

They do get Marcus Tucker back this week though so that will shore up the receivers a little bit but this is still a very thin group.

I am also hoping they can get #1 overall pick Jake Burt more involved in the offense. For the CFL he is a physical specimen and has the potential to turn into a Fantuz-like receiver some day.

I liked Fantuz. Back in the day the Chicago Bears signed him but never used him in the pre-season. It was a tease and he never was the same. I would have lost my passion after being crushed like that too.

1* Hamilton +1.5 -110

1*/.5* Montreal +2.5/ML -110/+118

Don't often do this but I am reversing course here and taking Montreal with a chance to middle.

Final injury reports came out today and the cats are a MASH unit. Probably the worst they've been yet this season.

Marcus Tucker and Jake Burt are out. They only have 6 receivers left and among the starters will be such CFL stars as Tim White (who?) and Steven Dunbar jr (who?)

Chris Van Zeyl out again and players only meeting or not, I don't see how this young, inexperienced line keeps Evans on his feet. The new hope for LT they signed won't be out of quarantine in time to play in this one. Besides Revenberg its rookies and 2nd year guys across the board.

On the DL Jagared Davis, Dylan Wynn and Lorenzo Mauldin are out. Ted Laurent is listed as questionable. Thats 3/4 of the front gone along with their best depth guy.

Ratio issues all over the place. They had to relegate their place kicker to the PR to bring in a NAT to help solve it. This roster is such a mess right now not even a bye week can help them.

I’m keeping my position. I got a decent line and the strength of schedule so far favors Hamilton. I don’t like the look ahead with Toronto, but the possibility of going 0-3 there is still a high motivation for Hamilton. Some how some way I hope they get it done. I hate we’re opposites but that’s life. The good news is it’s only one bet.
Best wishes to you and all. :shake:

Plays:
Hamilton pick -125
Over 46.5 -110

Ottawa +4.5 -105 small
I lean Ottawa as well. I took the under because their strength is defence and I think the way they stay in it is to keep it a low scoring game. But the market has over-adjusted toward BC here IMO. I might join you at some point on this one.

Back