• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2021

What’s the name of the penalty that’s like personal foul in NFL?

Something like “conduct offensive to the game” or something like that? I was trying to tell @cubsker while using my Canadian accent
I think 'Objectionable Conduct' is the one you are thinking of. Its only a 10yard penalty and is called for things that aren't necessarily safety related...like yanking a guy's show off or kicking the ball away after a play, ripping your helmet off after a big play. Basically being a dick.

Uneccessary Roughness is the 15 yarder that covers the more dangerous stuff.

Yeah exactly. And they don't seem to want him to throw over 5 yards. It was all slants and bubble screens last week. And with the rain? Forget it
My only concern is some kind of trick play where papi or tim white get a lateral and launch deep.

Watford likely needs around 40 attempts to get this tonight, with rain not worried about them falling behind big either where they go full pass mode

My only concern is some kind of trick play where papi or tim white get a lateral and launch deep.

Watford likely needs around 40 attempts to get this tonight, with rain not worried about them falling behind big either where they go full pass mode
Good point. And those plays where the QB takes the shotgun snap and then tosses the ball to the back passing in front are considered forward passes too so if they rip off one of those, it could be bad. Still 245 is a gigantic number.

Try as I might, I don't have a play I feel comfortable with tonight. I'll see if anything pops up live

Alright I'm doin it...

1.5* SSK / BC over 47 -107

I already leaned this way and after further investigation I think its a solid play. BC has clearly got the offense going and their line has been getting healthier by the week. I don't have any reservations about their ability to score 30+.

I was more concerned with the Sask offense vs a decent BC defense but a little digging I am less so. For starters, a lot has been made of BC's defense only allowing 2 TDs in the last 22 quarters but as 'teed pointed out, its been vs a string of malfunctioning offenses...Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa B2B and Montreal with VAj having one of his off days. I think this defense is good, just not top o' the league good like Winnipeg. Speaking of Winnipeg, if you take out the 2 games Sask played vs Winnipeg, they are averaging 29 points per game and 3/4 of those games were vs average or better defenses (HAM-BC-TOR).

Finally, this is the second and last game these two play this season and they are both 4-2, meaning if BC wins the tiebreaker will be H2H points. Sask won the first game by 4 so BC needs to win by more than 4 which means they could still be gunning for a late score instead of running out the clock if up 1-4pts instead on kneeling it out. So we have that in our favour as well.

This is still a low total by historical standards and I think the market is lagging the improvement in offensive play, especially with these 2 teams.

Dome game, no weather to be concerned about either.

Fire away syndicate!!

Took this the other day but forgot to post...

0.25* Hamilton to win Grey Cup +620

As banged up as the cats have been I think we are getting them at a low point here. By next game they are likely to have Masoli back. They'll have Evam=ns back a few weeks later. They're also close to having Devier Posey, Bralon Addison and Marcus Tucker back at receiver. And they're close to having Chris Van Zeyl back on the OL. The offense will rise again! The defense is sound and there's not a lot in the division to challenge them for first so they will very likely have a one-game path to the cup. Oh and the game is in the hammer this year too so no shortage of motivation and they will have the crowd heavily on their side if they get there.

Some rankings...would love to hear some agree/disagree to help me sharpen it up

Offense
1 - BC
2 - Saskatchewan
3 - Winnipeg
4 - Toronto (with MBT starting)
5 - Montreal
6 - Calgary (with BLM starting)
7 - Hamilton (with Watford starting)
8 - Edmonton (with Cornelius starting)
9 - Ottawa (with anyone starting)

Offensive Line
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Montreal
3 - Toronto
4 - BC
5 - Saskatchewan
6 - Calgary
7 - Edmonton
8 - Hamilton
9 - Ottawa

Defense
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Hamilton
3 - Edmonton
4 - Saskatchewan
5 - BC
6 - Ottawa
7 - Toronto
8 - Calgary
9 - Montreal

Offense
1 - BC
2 - Saskatchewan
3 - Winnipeg
5 - Montreal

Offensive Line
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Montreal
3 - Toronto
4 - BC
5 - Saskatchewan
6 - Calgary
7 - Edmonton
8 - Hamilton
9 - Ottawa

Defense
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Hamilton
3 - Edmonton
4 - Saskatchewan
5 - BC
6 - Ottawa
7 - Toronto
8 - Calgary
9 - Montreal
Ottawa should be below a Canadian University team. They’re fucking trash from an offensive standpoint.
Cody Fajardo has shown some serious TWTW. He’s like every white QB in a movie where they come back and win.
The bombers haven’t missed a step.
I think you’re a bit hard on Watford. He passed my eye test.
Just my thots on this rainy Monday in the great PNW.

Ottawa should be below a Canadian University team. They’re fucking trash from an offensive standpoint.
Cody Fajardo has shown some serious TWTW. He’s like every white QB in a movie where they come back and win.
The bombers haven’t missed a step.
I think you’re a bit hard on Watford. He passed my eye test.
Just my thots on this rainy Monday in the great PNW.

Watford has been better than I anticipated but he's still not a starter quality QB right now. His passes are all low risk and he executed the gameplan he was given and hasn't made any major gaffes. But anytime he has gone over 10 yards in the air the ball has been badly overthrown. He can win games vs bad opponents like Ottawa and like a Calgary team that turned it over 5 times but against the class of the league he would get buried in a hurry.

Ottawa is so fucking unbetable
Do we trust Edmonton on the road?
I think I do. Ottawa is just so terrible right now and they will be giving Caleb Evans his first ever start, backed up by another PR QB. Davis and Nichols won't even be dressed. This looks to me like a big white flag for 2021 as they get a look at what they have in the stable here. Other than their luckbox win in game 1, they haven't kept a game within double digits yet this year, much less a TD. Now they ask a raw rookie to go out there with a shitty OL and receiving corps versus one of the league's top defences.

The Elks have Trevor Harris back and even though their offense has sucked this year, they should have no problem winning this one by multiple scores. They won't be taking the RedBlacks lightly either after that week 1 loss. This looks like a 27-13 type of game.

1* Edmonton -6.5 -110

1* EDM / OTT under 44 -110

As I said yesterday, this looks like a 27-13 kind of football game.

Ugh looks like Trevor Harris won't be getting the start after all. Its Taylor Cornelius. Well that changes things somewhat.

Major books now open. Pinny et al opened at 6.5 but went quickly to 7. Total dropping as well. See 43/43.5 out there now

Wasn't expecting any other lines to come out until tomorrow at least but we have some.

1.5* WPG / BC under 53 -110

Huh? 53? Where in the name of hell did that number come from? I made it 47.5. 53 would have been high in 2019 and this year its way high. I get that offenses are opening up finally and especially BC but Winnipeg's D is the class of the league and defense travels. I don't see BC scoring 30+ against WPG and the Bombers ofensive style doesn't lend itself to that either. This is a crazy number.

1* SSK / CAL under 49 -110

Another high number although not quite as crazy. Of the 13 games these 2 teams have played this year, only 2 have eclipsed this number. I made it 46.5. Last time I checked, Calgary was struggling offensively.

The look ahead numbers on those last 2 bets were 43.5 and 42.5 respectively.

Now they've released a line for the MTL/HAM game and we don't even know who the cats are starting.

This is very weird.

1* Hamilton -2.5 -110

Nothing official yet but Masoli took the 1st team reps at practice and said his ribs felt good. Knowing coach O he won’t likely name a starter until he has to but I’d say the money is on Masoli. Getting Bralin Addison and Speedy back will help too. The cats finally have their offence back to go with the stellar D. They haven’t lost in 11 games at home and I dont see them losing this one either.

Offense
1 - BC
2 - Saskatchewan
3 - Winnipeg
5 - Montreal

Offensive Line
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Montreal
3 - Toronto
4 - BC
5 - Saskatchewan
6 - Calgary
7 - Edmonton
8 - Hamilton
9 - Ottawa

Defense
1 - Winnipeg
2 - Hamilton
3 - Edmonton
4 - Saskatchewan
5 - BC
6 - Ottawa
7 - Toronto
8 - Calgary
9 - Montreal
agree with almost everything, I would swap montreal with toronto on offense, they arent as consistent but they can be more explosive, and when they we humming they look as dangerous as the top two

I do think theres some tiers within their as well

On offense a big drop after 6, with those QBs. I still think in a month hamilton is up 2-3 spots on O, and maybe 4 on Oline

Defense is Winnipeg alone at 1, hamilton just below, then 3-5 grouped, before a drop

Read this morning that Caleb Evans is the first QB to throw for 3 TDs in his first start since Conredge Holloway in 1975

Lots of money coming in on BC. I have to say if I can get Winnipeg -1 flat I would be hard pressed not to take it. Theyre getting healthy and no one has shown they can solve this defense yet.

1* Winnipeg -1 -111

Had to take it. BC is everybody's darling right now but this will be their toughest test by far. Winnipeg is still the league's best team until they show they're not and coming off a bye and getting healthy, I think they have a better than 55% chance of winning this tilt

And why not a correlated parlay to make things interesting. Because if the Bombers win it, it will be with defense, not with a shootout.

0.5* Parlay Winnipeg pk / under 53 +237

Stamps receivers Kamar Jorder and Josh Huff haven't practiced all week. Calgary is so thin at receiver already they're in trouble if both of these guys are out

1* Hamilton -2.5 -110

Nothing official yet but Masoli took the 1st team reps at practice and said his ribs felt good. Knowing coach O he won’t likely name a starter until he has to but I’d say the money is on Masoli. Getting Bralin Addison and Speedy back will help too. The cats finally have their offence back to go with the stellar D. They haven’t lost in 11 games at home and I dont see them losing this one either.

I'm adding a half unit to this one. The more I look at it the more I think Hamilton is finally going to look like 2019 Hamilton. Masoli, Banks, Addison, Van Zeyl and punter Whitford all back in the fold this week. This is the healthiest they've been all year. The Ontario gov't has upped the crowd size limitations so there will be 18000 there for the first time in ages.

Full bet now...

1.5* Hamilton -2.5 -110

Tidying up a bit. Here's the full Fri/Sat card...

1.5* WPG / BC under 53 -110
1* Winnipeg -1 -111
0.5* Parlay Winnipeg pk / under 53 +237

1.5* Hamilton -2.5 -110

1* SSK / CAL under 49 -110

Looks like Van Zeyl still out for the cats after being at practice all week.

Alouettes without Antonio SImmons which is not going to help their already anemic pass rush. VAj starting despite a rib issue

Results after week 9

Sides 13-9 +0.22*
Totals 14-7 +4.78*
Live/2H 7-5 +0.265*
Tease/Parlay 1-2 -0.315*
Player Props 2-3 -0.175*

Overall 37-26 +4.775*

Advantage over Close
Sides +31
Totals +15.5

5-4 and picked up just under half a unit. I should never have gotten involved in that Ottawa game. Can't believe we're at week 10 already. Back to work.

LOL so BetRegal has limited my max bet to $17 on openers at least. I can see myself taking my money and going home after the season. But I will continue to hit them for every cent I can until I do. Fucking criminals.

Nevertheless, here are their early look ahead lines for week 10...

OTT @ TOR -7.5 45.5
EDM @ WPG -14 42.5
CAL @ SSK -2.5 43.5
OTT @ MTL -6.5 50.5
TOR @ HAM -4 42.5

I stand corrected. After trying to place a few $17 bets, the site tells me my limit is actually $6.67. What a joke.

Ouch. That’s gonna hurt the Leo’s
Yep, big blow

Bye this week helps a lot, just 1 less game without him, burnham needs to be the 1 option a bunch more, durant was hurt and hasnt really been great since healthy but he needs to be one now

Cottoy and Hatcher, big opportunity

Reilly is either 1 or 2 in the league, so they should still be ok offensively as long as they dont play that winnipeg front 4, but some explosiveness is lost

Yep, big blow

Bye this week helps a lot, just 1 less game without him, burnham needs to be the 1 option a bunch more, durant was hurt and hasnt really been great since healthy but he needs to be one now

Cottoy and Hatcher, big opportunity

Reilly is either 1 or 2 in the league, so they should still be ok offensively as long as they dont play that winnipeg front 4, but some explosiveness is lost
Yes Hatcher has been impressive so far. And whatever happened to Dominique Rhymes? I thought he would play a bigger part in the offence when they signed him but hes been non-existent

Yes Hatcher has been impressive so far. And whatever happened to Dominique Rhymes? I thought he would play a bigger part in the offence when they signed him but hes been non-existent
I thought hed be a bigger part than lucky

Wasnt he ottawas leader last season in receptions?

I'm not finding a lot to like this week.

I don't want to get involved in tomorrow's boring ass game. The numbers suggest Ottawa but there's no way I can take them off a win. Slight lean to the over but nothing more than that.

If the major books release Sask -2.5 or better that would be a play but I am guessing they come out with -3.5.

Tough week

Back