• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFB week 1 wagers

redbearde

There is much to like, and for God's sake let's hope last year's constant fave covering doesn't continue... I think in terms of value plays, and I try to make my juice lower at the expense of a few points, so the lines I get may not be the best you'll see.

As far as write-ups or reasonings for picks, others around here do a much better job, and some of you may notice some tailing trends...heh.

but here's my card.

Temple +214
Nevada +420
Rutgers +204
Ark St. +238
BYU +243
Cal +114
FSU +144

Utah St. +11 (+113)
Syracuse +14.5 (-106)
FSU +3 (+101)
Nebraska -21 (+100)
Pittsburgh -5 (+104)
Hawaii +17 (-105)
Temple +6 (-101)
Nevada +10.5 (+105)
Rutgers +4 (+108)
BYU +5 (+109)
Ark St. +5.5 (+102)

Hawaii/Alabama U53 (-103)
Akron/Penn St. U45 (-105)
UAB/Oklahoma U43 (-105)
N. Texas/Texas U54 (-103)
Florida St./Miami Fl U39.5 (+104)

And I would be delighted to have Appst +10 or more against NCSU.

Good luck, guys.

I think you may well get 3 of those 7 ML's to cash. Two for sure.

Can't argue with the totals. They look great.

I will be on 5 of the sides.

Nice card, love the juices :)

very interesting slate

You've got them from all over the country, red. :wacka wacka:
I like that.
I'm big on Temple in this game myself. Likely to play BYU and listening closely on Hawaii and nevada.
I have a hopeful hunch that Army just might be the flat out better team and better coach.
GL:shake:

Cheers Nick. Really like your wolfpack against fresno. My wolfpack (ncsu) looks like limp tits to me this year. I like em, but there are so many others that feel better, you know?

bull, I think Army is likely the better team. But I'll go against em with ArkySt at home and +238. I do not think either of these teams touches on Good, though, and the value on the bottom of the barrel forces me to go with ArkSt. I'm not looking to win all my ML dog plays. I'd love to, but those are stritly value plays. I considered Stanford too, if that tells you anything.

as far as all over, yeah, I try to look around. With 50+ games per week, I think it'd be dumb for me to just look at the ACC and SEC.

WHEN WILL WE GET THE UTAH LINE BACK?

Interesting card, Redbearde. I like it -- definitely balsy on those ML, but not without good reason. Oh, and I also really like those UNDERS.
superbiggrin.gif

with you on Nevada, Syracuse, Rutgers and BYU...against you on Nebraska...GL redbearde...

Sooners, yeah, I thought you might recognize the unders...BYU/AZ didn't blow my skirt up, but the rest smelled tastey.

Thanks Pags; if we win Nevada, Rutgers, and BYU, I won't give a damn about Nebraska. =) GL to you too.

Also, I'm adding:

Utah +185
Marshall +21 (+106) and a tiny play on Marshall +1240

I think fading the wolfpack will lead us to profit. "Interesting" is a fan's assessment. I'm not a fan of anyone I bet money against.

I got an English degree in 2000. Any chance I know you, Wolfpack?

Thanks Tarheel, mind if I call you smurf?

I did not hear about him. I actually live in Vols land now. Did he off himself? Was he a degenerate gambler like us?

on calling me smurf.....as long as you can send me some of the corn they grow on rocky top.

no foul play.

I ought to put a pic of my youngin up here with yours!

Tarheel Brn&Bred said:
wolf and red,

u guys hear about the freshman found dead in his dorm yesterday? he was from Albermarle.

good luck on your card Red.

no i didnt...will have to read about it

Quote :"N.C. State Student Dead Of Apparent Natural Causes

POSTED: 2:08 pm EDT August 28, 2006
UPDATED: 6:09 pm EDT August 28, 2006

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A North Carolina State University freshman who was found dead in his dormitory apparently died of natural causes, officials said Monday.

Daniel Mann Whitley, 18, of Albemarle, was last seen alive at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday in a residence hall. His roommate called police around 1:20 p.m. Sunday, but Whitley was dead when paramedics arrived, university police Sgt. Jon Barnwell said.

His roommate, who believed Whitley was sleeping, had been out all night Saturday and found Whitley when he returned Sunday afternoon.

Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to have been involved, and no signs of foul play were found, Barnwell said. An autopsy may determine why Whitley died, but results were not expected until late next week."

okay, for the sake of completeness, I also have

App St. +21.5 (+100)
USC -9 (-102)

I didn't exactly get the cream of the crop on that USC line, eh? Alas. I thought it would only go up. You may now officially think less of me. I won't list my teaser at betdon tho, so you can keep some modicum of respect.

As time has progressed, I've liked my Cal +114 bet less and less. Then the line shifted...just a tad. LOL. So I just locked in Tenn +120.

It may not be exciting, but I like free money.

Yanks, thanks bro, and good luck to you too.

holy fucking christ!!! good luck man!!! love the logic here and looks solid (from a cbb capper's point of view)

GL redbearde :shake:

I agree with you on the no write-ups/reasonings. I deffinately don't know as much about this sport then Baseball, yet I do find a way to win more off of it. :shake:

Temple +214 - L
Nevada +420 - L
Rutgers +204 - W
Ark St. +238 - W
BYU +243 - L
Cal +114 - L
Ten +120 - W
FSU +144 - TBD
Utah +185 - L

3-5 - 37.5% the ML plays I have on FSU and had on Marshall were a tiny percentage of my other plays. I actually made a tiny bit of money on these.

App St. +21.5 (+100) - W
USC -9 (-102) - W
Utah St. +11 (+113) - L
Syracuse +14.5 (-106) - W
FSU +3 (+101)
Nebraska -21 (+100) -W
Pittsburgh -5 (+104) - W
Hawaii +17 (-105) - W
Temple +6 (-101) - P
Nevada +10.5 (+105) - W
Rutgers +4 (+108) - W
BYU +5 (+109) - W
Ark St. +5.5 (+102) - W
Marshall +21 (+106) - L

Hawaii/Alabama U53 (-103) - W
Akron/Penn St. U45 (-105) - L
UAB/Oklahoma U43 (-105) - W
N. Texas/Texas U54 (-103) - L
Florida St./Miami Fl U39.5 (+104)

12 - 4 - 1 70% wins!!!!

Um, yeah. Made money here, too. I also still have a couple more plays in Monday's game. We'll see how that goes.

=)

hope you guys did as well or better!

Last edited:
redbearde said:
I think fading the wolfpack will lead us to profit. "Interesting" is a fan's assessment. I'm not a fan of anyone I bet money against.

I got an English degree in 2000. Any chance I know you, Wolfpack?

I graduated in 04 so I dont think so. Looks like a terrible game by the Wolfpack. Nice call!

Well, wolfpack, our boys started 1-0, and they CAN win next week. Akron's looking tough, though, so do consider betting against the pack in Week 2. If we could get double digits, I might fill my britches again, but I'll likely bet anything over Akron +7.5.

oh, man. That INT really makes my weekend.

Okay, so I'm 14-4-1, and I'm 4-5 in ML dogs. Unfortunately, I can't really count that ML because I put a micro amount on it. Still, that increases my win $ total about 35% more for the weekend.

Geez, 73.7% wins on spreads and totals. Thanks go to this great board and the cappers on it. You guys are fucking smart as hell.

redbearde said:
Well, wolfpack, our boys started 1-0, and they CAN win next week. Akron's looking tough, though, so do consider betting against the pack in Week 2. If we could get double digits, I might fill my britches again, but I'll likely bet anything over Akron +7.5.

I will be heading to the game this weekend to check out the new addition to the endzone. Hopefully, we will do a lot better than we did against app state. I have read a lot about it on packpride and it seems that the defense was stellar as usual. We again had our turnover issues and kept the penalties to a minimum. Also, Stone still hasnt thrown more than 20 passes I dont think in any of his starts!!

I saw the line was in the dd when it opened. Now I believe it is at +9.5 +100 at pinnacle. I would definitely lean to Akron as I don't beleive we have covered at home in multiple games that I can at least remember especially as that big of a favorite! money;

Back