• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFB Playoff Rankings Discussion...

Oklahoma at 6 is a fucking joke. Why does Cincinnati even play games?

I see what you mean, but at the end of the day, the goal is to rank everyone in order of the best teams. If Cincinnati and Oklahoma were playing each other on a neutral field, Oklahoma would be favored without a doubt. So, the argument can be made that it should be as simple as that?

Hell, maybe that’s the system we should use moving forward. Just let Vegas come out with the lines and determine the rankings that way! LOL

I see what you mean, but at the end of the day, the goal is to rank everyone in order of the best teams. If Cincinnati and Oklahoma were playing each other on a neutral field, Oklahoma would be favored without a doubt. So, the argument can be made that it should be as simple as that?

Hell, maybe that’s the system we should use moving forward. Just let Vegas come out with the lines and determine the rankings that way! LOL

Vegas odds aren‘t predictive. They play on perception and the people who create them are trying to make money off of bettors, not predict games. OU would be favored because of this same bias towards Power 5 programs, this popular perception that they‘re going to be stronger than a smaller program. OU has lost games, Cincy hasn‘t. And Cincy has shown dominance arguably against more respectable opponents than at least some of OU‘s. We’ve even seen small programs beat some of OU’s opponents. These Power 5 schools are repeatedly being unfairly propped up in the rankings.

Vegas odds aren‘t predictive. They play on perception and the people who create them are trying to make money off of bettors, not predict games. OU would be favored because of this same bias towards Power 5 programs, this popular perception that they‘re going to be stronger than a smaller program. OU has lost games, Cincy hasn‘t. And Cincy has shown dominance arguably against more respectable opponents than at least some of OU‘s. We’ve even seen small programs beat some of OU’s opponents. These Power 5 schools are repeatedly being unfairly propped up in the rankings.

I hear you, 100%. I was obviously being a bit facetious. And yes, the smaller schools are not treated as fairly, but when it comes down to a Field of just 4, we aren’t going to see Cinderella stories.

I get that some of these points may seem to differ in relevance to OU being ranked a 6. I just think that people perceive a boundary between Power 5 and the rest ( the name implies a lot already!) that proves to be fluid!

1. Bama BYE

1/2 Games @ Home Team

5. aTm @ 4. ND
6. Oklahoma @ 3. Ohio St
7. Cincy @. 2.Clemson

1/9 Weekend @ Home Team

aTm/ ND Winner @ 1. BAMA
3. Ohio St @ 2. Clemson

1/16

1. Bama Vs 2. Clemson

1st and 2nd Round at the higher seeds Home

Keep the Championship Game Rotation