• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Baseball Capping Tools

nbafan88

I was asked by a couple of people on Twitter what tools I use for capping bases and when looking on here I didn't find a thread with everything in one place.

I wanted to have a thread for everyone to contribute what websites and such they use on a daily basis to research.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.j...e=st&statType=hitting&page=1&ts=1460689011763

- www.baseball-reference.com for pitcher/ump, pitcher/ball park splits, and other pitcher splits. Most important aspect of making a wager for me. Cannot bet baseball without knowing this.

- www.dailybaseballdata.com for weather and stats vs specific pitchers

- www.baseballpress.com/bullpenusage for bullpen usage

- various sites/Twitter for roof statuses

please contribute if/when you have time.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Fangraphs.com

For those into metrics; wrc+, xfip etc. As the sample sizes grow some easy search's can give you teams stats for LHP, RHP, Home, Away, for periods of time (7 days, 14 days, etc.) Ballpark tendencies by handedness and much much more!

Fangraphs.com

For those into metrics; wrc+, xfip etc. As the sample sizes grow some easy search's can give you teams stats for LHP, RHP, Home, Away, for periods of time (7 days, 14 days, etc.) Ballpark tendencies by handedness and much much more!

Sample sizes still pretty small but just wanted to illustrate some of the bells and whistles of what you can get from the aforementioned site:

Take J. Ross today, he's #6 amongst SP throwing 33% Sliders. Delving in to his opponent, the Marlins today, we can look up that they are the team in all of MLB that have seen the most sliders to this point, 21%, and have had the 4th highest success rate against sliders posting a wSL of 3.4 (that's 3.4 runs above average against a pitch type, in this case the slider).

As mentioned, 1) still early, 2) efficacy of stats (these guys are pretty good about dotting their i's and crossing their t's, but I am sure they rely on a lot of 2nd hand info for these stats) 3) at what stage does the paralysis from analysis creep in when capping.

Still worth keeping mind open about any advantage we can get. This is just one example of the stuff you can pull easily from the site.

VC I asked this in your thread on today's game but I'll pose it here in case anyone can help. Is there a source where I can see a pitchers velo by inning per start?

Sample sizes still pretty small but just wanted to illustrate some of the bells and whistles of what you can get from the aforementioned site:

Take J. Ross today, he's #6 amongst SP throwing 33% Sliders. Delving in to his opponent, the Marlins today, we can look up that they are the team in all of MLB that have seen the most sliders to this point, 21%, and have had the 4th highest success rate against sliders posting a wSL of 3.4 (that's 3.4 runs above average against a pitch type, in this case the slider).

As mentioned, 1) still early, 2) efficacy of stats (these guys are pretty good about dotting their i's and crossing their t's, but I am sure they rely on a lot of 2nd hand info for these stats) 3) at what stage does the paralysis from analysis creep in when capping.

Still worth keeping mind open about any advantage we can get. This is just one example of the stuff you can pull easily from the site.

Statcast savant is also good for numbers against a certain pitch and you can see whether a team is over- or underschieving against it by seeing ba vs xba and slg vs xslg

Anybody have a rather basic tracking sheet for plays? I could probably put something together, but I'm wouldn't mind just using one thats already been established. Nothing too crazy but just something simple in excel. Thanks.

Not sure if this is posted here or not.

Been messing around with round robin/parlays for dingers last few days and already hit one.

Last edited:
Anybody have a rather basic tracking sheet for plays? I could probably put something together, but I'm wouldn't mind just using one thats already been established. Nothing too crazy but just something simple in excel. Thanks.

4 years later but appreciate it!

:shake:

Always looking for odds tracking sites, especially free. Here's a few with links and screenshots. Anyone have any others they like?

Always looking for odds tracking sites, especially free. Here's a few with links and screenshots. Anyone have any others they like?

They’ve been dropping like flies, don’t have anything to plug that works on my iPhone so would love y’all’s

betstamp is very inaccurate and often times only has lines from one sports book that are outdated
I use them to track my action since I have so many plays over multiple books, so I've never really tracked how accurate or up to date their lines are. But that's good to know

I use them to track my action since I have so many plays over multiple books, so I've never really tracked how accurate or up to date their lines are. But that's good to know
i try to do that, but they just don't have numbers for a lot games or are using Bovada -105 when i played a gametime MLB ML at +117

Back