Bet at Betanysports.eu %ALT_TXT%%

Bet at Betanysports.eu

2021 UFC/MMA Discussion

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
I don't see the point. Usman I think moves up for an actual challenge
Covington is the number 1 rank in that division

Hes a very good fighter, you and spek both seem to have no rational thought on him, but on polar opposite sides

Reactions: KJ

Inspekdah

Friend of CTG
Usman vs. Covington would be near a PK so it's pointless to say it would be an easy win either way. Usman would certainly take damage and he wants none of it

KJ

KJ is my name, naps are my game.
Covington is the number 1 rank in that division

Hes a very good fighter, you and spek both seem to have no rational thought on him, but on polar opposite sides
Just playing the game

But I really see no reason he'd want that fight, wouldn't sell close to this and a move up is in the cards while he's still prime. We all can see how quickly the health can go in this sport, gotta go now.

Inspekdah

Friend of CTG
Just playing the game

But I really see no reason he'd want that fight, wouldn't sell close to this and a move up is in the cards while he's still prime. We all can see how quickly the health can go in this sport, gotta go now.

Sell close? Colbly probably most fan favorite next to the Notorious

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
Just playing the game

It would sell a ton

Covington is probly number 1 heel in ufc

KJ

It would sell a ton

Covington is probly number 1 heel in ufc
Really? I only hear of him on here I guess

He talks and has anger management but figure we all deal with that

I don't know one person that's itching to watch one of his fights

Bones, Khabib, Amanda, Conor, other than that it's gotta be a collision of epic proportions. This was well promoted but not just because of the main being a sequel, the entire card sold this with an enticing main event.

And it was a helluva night sans the Weidman thing, could do without that ever again.

KJ

Who buys this stuff anyway other than sports bars?

Been to maybe a couple parties in the last decade where someone ponied up for it at home

Teapot9

Mr Vegas
Who buys this stuff anyway other than sports bars?

Been to maybe a couple parties in the last decade where someone ponied up for it at home
Wrestling PPV, UFC fights, etc. It’s not breaking the bank and I can easily spend more sitting at the tables. Throw $20-$50 on each fight and have a fun night. I also pay for NHL TV. Great investment for the 24.99 price per month.

KJ

Think floyd v manny is highest ever at like 4 milly
We had a group that did that and obviously it was 5 years late

Guess I just don't know enough diehards like me who'd rather sit in on a Sat night and spend it rather than be out with the people watching it or doing something else. I'd have to explain who Usman and Masvodal are to most everyone. Not like these are Tyson fights in the 90s.

Teapot9

Mr Vegas

Guess I just don't know enough diehards like me who'd rather sit in on a Sat night and spend it rather than be out with the people watching it or doing something else. I'd have to explain who Usman and Masvodal are to most everyone. Not like these are Tyson fights in the 90s.
Well where I live this is the best option

KJ

Think about it...the match on the main card that lasted the longest was Valentina/Andrade which was a demolition

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member

Ya I guess me and roommate are old now, once we hit 30 we didn't need to go out every weekend, so if items s big fight usually s few friends come over, but lots of em just home alone, she watches sometimes too while on iPad or something

Sports bar scene isnt huge here either outside playoff hockey

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
Wrestling PPV, UFC fights, etc. It’s not breaking the bank and I can easily spend more sitting at the tables. Throw $20-$50 on each fight and have a fun night. I also pay for NHL TV. Great investment for the 24.99 price per month.
1 cable company up here has a sports pack for I think 35 a month and you get all nhl, nba, mlb, chl, ncaa baskets and foots, and redzone

KJ

Ya I guess me and roommate are old now, once we hit 30 we didn't need to go out every weekend, so if items s big fight usually s few friends come over, but lots of em just home alone, she watches sometimes too while on iPad or something

Sports bar scene isnt huge here either outside playoff hockey
Well they're naturally all over here and UFC is a huge draw but they do the $10-$20 cover but it gets applied to your tab deal. Several within 5-10 minutes and I'm not even close to downtown

Teapot9

Mr Vegas
Well they're naturally all over here and UFC is a huge draw but they do the $10-$20 cover but it gets applied to your tab deal. Several within 5-10 minutes and I'm not even close to downtown
Phoenix metro area is a perfect place to probably find tons of fight fans and it’s a good investment for the bar

GSlap

Colby had a broken jaw and almost won. I think in a rematch Colby has a lot to improve on and Usman can't do much better than he did. He doesn't want to get whooped like he did. Colby kicked his ass and Colby doesn't mind getting hit. Usman wants none of that again.

Usman in a lose-lose tonight. Play footsies and get hated on for the chump he is or stand up and fight and likely look like the flawed fighter he is.

This aged well lol

ProV1Colt

CTG Moderator
Staff member

Was Tyson Holyfield I the most anticipated fight we can remember or was it May Oscar. I mean the build up with 24/7 made Oscar May. I would have loved to have watched a 24/7 Tyson Holyfield

skanless13

still think the theme applies against Covington who has probably the best chin in the sport. Maz is outclassed by half the division and living off that fluke knee vs a guy who got whooped by a Paul.
I love Covington as a fighter and he actually did fairly well vs Usman comparatively, but I don’t see that fight going any different again. Usman is just too big and strong for that weight class.

Last edited:

KJ

Was Tyson Holyfield I the most anticipated fight we can remember or was it May Manny?
I mean the build up with 24/7 made Manny May. I would have loved to have watched a 24/7 Tyson Holyfield
I was in college for Tyson/Holyfield and we had 20 guys with the PPV and the cable company went dark that night. So pissed off, had to watch the round by round ESPN scoring on the bottom ticker. Couldn't get through to the cable co, obviously busy with pissed off people.

I'd say since I moved here it's been Tyson/Lennox, but Pac/Morales 2 and 3 were big too

But I'd have to say Conor/Khabib recently takes the cake

skanless13

Money may vs Paul is official. Can’t wait to watch him clown that fool

Usman called out jake Paul the other night and Paul accepts his challenge if dana lets him fight lol
It’s funny because at 1st glance you might think Usman would kill him given how much Usman’s stand up has improved. However, much of the reason why Usman’s striking has been so effective lately, is because fighters have to constantly be on guard for the takedown since Usman can be so dominant in the ground. In a boxing match, they threat is taken away. Not saying Usman wouldn’t win, but I don’t think it would be as much of a mismatch that people might think. Jake would be the bigger fighter and I’m guessing would have a reach advantage. I’m guessing the odds would be super inflated for this fight, anc would play Jake at anything over +270ish.
that being said, I don’t think this fight ever happens. Dana won’t let it.

Big daddy naught

It’s funny because at 1st glance you might think Usman would kill him given how much Usman’s stand up has improved. However, much of the reason why Usman’s striking has been so effective lately, is because fighters have to constantly be on guard for the takedown since Usman can be so dominant in the ground. In a boxing match, they threat is taken away. Not saying Usman wouldn’t win, but I don’t think it would be as much of a mismatch that people might think. Jake would be the bigger fighter and I’m guessing would have a reach advantage. I’m guessing the odds would be super inflated for this fight, anc would play Jake at anything over +270ish.
Usman has nothing to gain from this other than money. Like you said, yes his striking has improved, but a lot of that is bc his wrestling is so good. He’d still win imo bc he has power, and a chin, and insane cardio, but to take the risk in a boxing match makes no sense unless it was some mega boxing champion crossover fight like a Canelo or someone. I mean I guess it would pay well and bring him a lot of press and a following but seems me to me why do it? A win does nothing for him legacy wise

GSlap

This could be the most insane post in CTG history