Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Bet at Betanysports.eu %ALT_TXT%%

Bet at Betanysports.eu

2021 UFC/MMA Discussion

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
ONE championships on tv tomorrow night. Anyone know stuff on these fighters outside of DJ and Alvarez?
No I don't. Just the ex UFC guys are all I know. I think I'll tune in though. What's bullshit though is it's supposed to be on TNT tomorrow, but in tape delay. WTF is that? I'd rather just watch on the sites we do for UFC.

Big daddy naught

No I don't. Just the ex UFC guys are all I know. I think I'll tune in though. What's bullshit though is it's supposed to be on TNT tomorrow, but in tape delay. WTF is that? I'd rather just watch on the sites we do for UFC.

Dang I thought it was live. Well that sucks lol

Big daddy naught

Not a good night for the ufc vets. Alvarez was pounding his opponent with ground and pound about to get a stoppage and ref DQs him saying he was hitting the back of the head, looked questionable and DJ got KO in round 2 w a knee while he was grounded, illegal in ufc, but legal in one

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Not a good night for the ufc vets. Alvarez was pounding his opponent with ground and pound about to get a stoppage and ref DQs him saying he was hitting the back of the head, looked questionable and DJ got KO in round 2 w a knee while he was grounded, illegal in ufc, but legal in one
I feel bad for Alvarez. He had top position on the other guy and didn't need it. Did the other guy turn his head? Maybe. Just a tough DQ.

Masvidal was pumping up his ATT teammate and he got it done over Mighty Mouse. I like ONE. Bellator too. Obviously UFC is the major leagues of MMA but these other leagues aren't bad.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Watching Alvarez speak after the fight he feels really bad about the opponent getting taken out on stretcher.

Big daddy naught

So hard to tell w that Alvarez fight, especially w how dominant of a position he was in. Still think it’s a questionable DQ

That knee was brutal, gotta wonder if just based on instinct and all of his time in ufc DJ isn’t even thinking about a knee there bc it’s not an option. Not saying he didn’t know the rules, I’m sure he did, but in a fight instinct takes over and his instinct is that when you’re grounded knees to the head or face aren’t something your opponent is throwing. Never heard or the guy he fought but his range gave DJ trouble. Long and lean

Andy

I don't like much of anything on this card. I may take a stab at Mike Perry though. It appears he's a little more focused, worked with a real camp, looks in shape. Kinda do or die for him here. He's gonna have more power, a solid gas tank, good wrestling, and he's tough to finish. Question is his mental game, perry has lost 3 of 4, though to very good competition. Rodriguez hasnt looked great lately, even in some of his wins. Rodriguez does have solid jujitsu and is more technically sound. Will be mulling this play over. Pretty much everything else is a pass...lot of tossups on this card. Or dangerous spots for some bigger favs...I don't tend to like to play bigger dogs though.

Gl anyone making plays.

Big daddy naught

We’re gonna see if Holland knows something we don’t. I get it, you lost, are eager to get right back in there, and you get paid, but to do it so quickly after you thoroughly had a major hole in your game exploited, not sure that’s smart. Don’t see how he’s gonna have all the sudden learned to defend a takedown or how to scramble off his back in that short period of time

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
I give Holland credit for being active though. Just looked up how many times he's fought.

2021- 2 so far this year
2020- 5
2019- 3
2018- 5

In this day and age when some of these guys milk their fights (1 every 2 years) he should be commended.

Big daddy naught

I give Holland credit for being active though. Just looked up how many times he's fought.

2021- 2 so far this year
2020- 5
2019- 3
2018- 5

In this day and age when some of these guys milk their fights (1 every 2 years) he should be commended.
He’s tough and has good standup but until he learns how to wrestle he’s not gonna be any better than he is now

Andy

Just finished watching all the fights on delay here. I didn't end up betting any. Lot of boring fights, though it's hard to fault guys who knew a path to victory and took it. Wrestling/grappling is still king in this sport, you can't have that hole in your game and go very far.

Hopefully next week's card is more entertaining and has better betting opportunities.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
What do you guys think of the Jake Paul/Ben Askren fight? The line has come down and it's more even. Paul was -160 before.

Obviously it's a boxing fight so no grappling/wrestling hurts Askren. And Paul looked good against Nate Robinson. But let's be real. Robinson wasn't a fighter. He was an ex NBA player. Anybody see a round total line? I think it can go the distance with neither one of them KO'ing the other. But I only see a line for the fighters.

Big daddy naught

What do you guys think of the Jake Paul/Ben Askren fight? The line has come down and it's more even. Paul was -160 before.

Obviously it's a boxing fight so no grappling/wrestling hurts Askren. And Paul looked good against Nate Robinson. But let's be real. Robinson wasn't a fighter. He was an ex NBA player. Anybody see a round total line? I think it can go the distance with neither one of them KO'ing the other. But I only see a line for the fighters.
Askren has the worst stand up in mma. But, he is an mma fighter. He’s got a chin but he has a very upright stance and is used to getting him and then engaging a clinch or takedown. He’s been training a Freddie roach, he’s got a lot of pride. Like you said, Paul beat a 5’7 basketball player who had never been in a ring. This is different. It’ll prob be sloppy and go the distance. Paul could win bc id expect he’s busier and throws more but doubt either is seriously hurt. 50/50 imo