• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

***2021 Tokyo Olympics in-game thread***

And @Gandolf she should have kept on performing even shitty. They drop lowest score in teams anyways. She hurts the team worse by not competing
Not true. From Vox story:

In the Olympics team finals, teams have a pool of four gymnasts. From those four, teams pick three gymnasts to compete in each of the four apparatuses. Those three gymnasts’ scores — 12 in total across the four events — will count no matter what, but the wrinkle is that you don’t have to submit the same three gymnasts across all events. You can theoretically use the fourth gymnast as a substitute (again, see McKayla Maroney’s vault in 2012) to cover for a gymnast who might be weaker or to really play to your strengths.

Biles had planned to be in all four events. But if she was going to suck all day like she did in the vault then they were clearly better off without her. It was a tough spot for the other three to be put in but it did give them their best chance to medal.

So I can understand sitting out........as long as she's done for these Olympics. I mean 24 is old for gymnasts, maybe she really is done, maybe she finally hit that wall. Now if she somehow comes back and stars in the individuals then some hard questions will definitely be asked and rightly so.

In the Olympics team finals, teams have a pool of four gymnasts. From those four, teams pick three gymnasts to compete in each of the four apparatuses. Those three gymnasts’ scores — 12 in total across the four events — will count no matter what, but the wrinkle is that you don’t have to submit the same three gymnasts across all events. You can theoretically use the fourth gymnast as a substitute (again, see McKayla Maroney’s vault in 2012) to cover for a gymnast who might be weaker or to really play to your strengths.

Biles had planned to be in all four events. But if she was going to suck all day like she did in the vault then they were clearly better off without her. It was a tough spot for the other three to be put in but it did give them their best chance to medal.

So I can understand sitting out........as long as she's done for these Olympics. I mean 24 is old for gymnasts, maybe she really is done, maybe she finally hit that wall. Now if she somehow comes back and stars in the individuals then some hard questions will definitely be asked and rightly so.
performance is one thing, excuses another.
If you sucked, fess up.
+ she is getting the calls because she checks the boxes.

Ah, I guess I misunderstood the 3/4 thing.

But still, it’s bullshit. Keri Strug or whoever landed a vault with a broken ankle to win us gold. Biles was feeling a little blue. Buck up

If UFC ever ends up in this shit it needs to be abolished. I haven't watched a minute yet, this is awful to even try

Djoka losing after being up a set AND a break is arguably the greatest upset in any sport I've ever seen considering he's playing at the highest level we've ever seen currently

They act like they've been hit with a hammer and when they get the call all is good. Can't stand this shit from soccer.

Back