Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Bet at Betanysports.eu %ALT_TXT%%

2021 Texas Rangers - Entire Season

BringInTheLefty

I’m back for my fourth year of doing a daily recap of my beloved Texas Rangers
With Covid-19 numbers soaring who knows if the season will happen and if it does will it be a full 162 season?

BringInTheLefty

first off my 2020 Rangers were an AL worst 22-38
we hit 27 home runs in 30 games at Globe Life

here are a few of our positive moves we’ve made so far

Nate Lowe will be our starting first baseman, he’s 25 years old and has played in 71 games for the Rays over the past two seasons
Batting .251 11 HR’s 30 RBI’s in 245 AB’s

Kiner-Falefa is moving to SS
Elvis will be used as a utility player but will get quite a few starts at 3B
we are still looking for a “real” 3B
David Dahl will be starting in LF we acquired him from the Rockies
Nick Solak will be the starting 2B
Odor will get starts at 3B & LF

our starting pitching has improved by signing Japanese righty Kohei Arihara to a two year contract
Gibson & Lyles round out out top three starters
Kyle Cody, Kolby Allard, Wes Benjamin, John King & Joe Palumbo all will be trying to nail down the final two spots
We will look to get a “name” SP during Spring training
In a trade I despised was letting Montero go to Seattle for two players
If you’ve been sleeping since the WS we traded Lance Lynn to the White Sox in return for Lynn we got Dane Dunning RHP & Avery Weems LHP
We claimed off waivers Aramis Garcia C from the Giants, he will be our backup C
We resigned Heineman & Joe Gatto RHP

Willie Calhoun is a huge ????? what will become of him, TBD

I foresee a very long year for us & I hope we win 70 games

chipnotized

70 games may be a bit optimistic, although in the spirit of spring and the high hopes that come with it:
If we don't sign guys that get in the way of the young players getting reps and commit to the rebuild, perhaps we'll have something in a few years.

Committing means admitting that a few players are busts --namely Guzie, Roughie & Willie (although Odor will always have a place in my heart for the hard right he landed on that douche-knuckle Joey Bats...I got a t-shirt made that I don many times through the summer to piss off all the Jays fans up here north of the 49th)
..as well as taking a few chances on guys whose health is a question mark, like Dahl coming off shoulder surgery.