• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2021 Masters Contest -- Cash Prize

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
1617682076396.png

A tradition unlike any other, THE MASTERS!

We will be using a Modified Stableford Scoring System for this contest. This will be the third Masters we have done this way but this format brings some more excitement in my opinion. The Masters has a lot of the same names each year, so it will also make things more competitive looking for guys who can go out and get birdies and eagles!

Here is what you will do:

Pick 6 golfers and arrange them in order of your preference (in case of ties)

At the end of the tournament, we will use the top 4 scores you have of your 6 golfers for the week. This is whether they make the cut(s) or not. I do not know if that will come into play but it will make things interesting along the way.

The total points of your best 4 golfers for the week will be added together for your final score.

Here is the scoring system:

• Ace/Double Eagle: 8 points
• Eagle: 5 points
• Birdie: 2 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 point
• Double Bogey or more: -3 points

This should be a lot of fun on Sunday as we get into holes 13 and 15 with the chance of Eagle plus always a potential hole-out on 14 with the usual Sunday pin position. I added 'Ace' as well for this tournament, because we all know 16 is there for the taking on Sunday.

We'll use a tiebreaker system as well in case it is needed.

Example Entry

1. Justin Thomas
2. Bryson DeChambeua
3. Corey Connors
4. Brian Harman
5. Jon Rahm
6. Jordan Spieth

Tiebreaker #1 = Total score in relation to par (i.e. -12)
Tiebreaker #2 = Lowest round of the tournament (i.e 65)

***If we still have a tie, the pot splits into equal portions
***Entries due 7:00am eastern, April 8th 2021
***Edits may be made till first tee shot
***Covid WD's may occur, that players score will count per tournament rules

Strategy:

This will be a fun test because you will need to mix your team with some solid guys, some guys you know will make the cut and also a guy or two who could help with lots of birdies and eagles.

Prize: 125.00 via Paypal (Member @takeit has added her squares winnings to the prize this year)

1. Xander Schauffele
2. Sungjae Im
3. Webb Simpson
4. Daniel Berger
5. Joaquin Niemann
6. Jason Kokrak

***denoted amateur filing after the cutoff, can't collect but going to fill out to see how I stand with everyone anyway (it was a nap turned into full night sleep situation)

B DeChambeau
D Johnson
P Casey
J Rahm
P Reed
T Fleetwood

T1: -15
T2: 64

Back