Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Bet at Betanysports.eu %ALT_TXT%%

2020 UFC/MMA Discussion

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
way too many fighters miss weight. Totally inexcusable and unprofessional. It’s your job. It’s not that hard to make weight. Stop eating like an asshole. Until there are more repercussions than just missing the fight or part of your purse it won’t change. These guys get too heavy and try to cut down so much in a short time. Not to mention totally unhealthy to binge cut rather than stay in a tight range and do it slowly
Exactly. Some of these fighters just need to bite the bullet and move up in weight class. Or be disciplined at all times with the eating. Not just the few weeks before a fight.

Big daddy naught

Exactly. Some of these fighters just need to bite the bullet and move up in weight class. Or be disciplined at all times with the eating. Not just the few weeks before a fight.
I think was a month or so ago they had a piece on hbo real sports about mma weight cuts and literally showed fighters cutting weight and going into renal failure bc the measures they were taking and amount of weight trying to cut in such a short time wasnt safe. I mean I get it they want to try and fight in the lowest weight class possible at the heaviest weight, but even if you make the weight these guys get so drained and have no fluid around their brain etc that one small shot can knock them out.

I’ve said it before, I’m not a fighter, but my weight stays within a 5 lb range, probably even less. I’m just consistent w my diet and training, if I needed to cut weight could I do it, sure, could I cut 10 lbs, yes, could I gain 10, if I had to maybe, but I never let myself get so far away from my “normal” weight that if I needed to do something like that it would be an issue and I don’t get paid to do it or have teams or coaches monitoring me. It should not be that difficult

Johnnyonthespot

CTG Regular
Bellator tonight has great card.

Cage Fury was pretty good last night

I built / bet 3 parlays.

They include Cauley, Jay Jay, and David

I played Jackson and Willis in 2 separate parlays with Cosce UFC 255

I feel kind of lame parlaying big faves but what can you do?

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
Think I'm gonna fade Mike Perry. Dude was undisciplined weighing 5 lbs over weight and still acted like a clown after. I don't think he's focused or motivated. And he might get cut soon. Don't think Dana likes him.

Big daddy naught

Think I'm gonna fade Mike Perry. Dude was undisciplined weighing 5 lbs over weight and still acted like a clown after. I don't think he's focused or motivated. And he might get cut soon. Don't think Dana likes him.
I saw that. Totally unprofessional like he didn’t give a fuck. 30% of your purse is a hit but make it higher and maybe fighters will stop missing weight

Johnnyonthespot

CTG Regular
Who yall like tonight.

I look forward to Buckley smashing Beverly Hills Ninja.

I'm still processing how much bigger royval looked.

I love Figeuroa but I'm telling Perez is equally intense, strong, and skilled. They are closer in build than one might think.

I put Cosce in parlays like most.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
And Mike Perry loses by decision.

Anybody have a record on guys who don't make weight? That's gotta be a winning side if you just flat bet the guy who did make weight.

Andy

The line cratered after he missed too. Usually that's what happens so gamblers seem to think missing weight is a big deal in general. I doubt many guys purposely do it for an edge so it usually shows that the fighters didn't train well or weren't focused or maybe had some other health issue. Hard to say if it would ever work as some kind of blind betting system but I at least think it adds something to a side you may have already liked. Perry just didn't look in shape to me.

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
The line cratered after he missed too. Usually that's what happens so gamblers seem to think missing weight is a big deal in general. I doubt many guys purposely do it for an edge so it usually shows that the fighters didn't train well or weren't focused or maybe had some other health issue. Hard to say if it would ever work as some kind of blind betting system but I at least think it adds something to a side you may have already liked. Perry just didn't look in shape to me.
Yeah some fighters are just undisciplined. Kinda embarrassing cause this is actually their job.

Johnnyonthespot

CTG Regular
I agree 100%.

Missing weight is bad and a fade, could add power in 1st minutes but ultimately the engine is running poor