Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!
Bet at Betanysports.eu %ALT_TXT%%

2020 UFC/MMA Discussion

Big daddy naught

he deserved that after throwing the white belt at him at weigh ins. He brags about his black belt and doesn’t even try to use it. I know some are high on costa, I didn’t think he was in same class as Izzy and it showed. He had no gameplan but to eat kicks and plod fwd and taunt. Izzy’s accuracy is on another level.

shocked by Jan. I guess he’s got more power than I thought. I figured if he won it would be on the ground. Reyes thought had the striking adv. glad I stayed off that one

Theatrics to sell the fight before the fight is one thing but to disrespect an opponent inside of the ring who has already been beaten was just classless.

Big daddy naught

They know what they sign up for when they talk all that shit. Take it like askren did w masvidal. He talked. Jorge gave him a 1-2 after he was unconscious and ben simply said he had no issue w it he knew what it was

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Costa was too busy making strange faces and talking shit. His stupid tongue and bullshit.

Costa’s career is over. He got badly finished and showed he isn’t championship caliber at all.

He was never in the fight.

Big daddy naught

Yeah, question is, can Gaethje stop the take down. Nobody has been able to totally stop it so far.

no. I think it’s more a question of can he hurt him before he gets in the clinch to take him down and when he’s down is he able to get up or does Khabib just keep him grounded.

I give Justin a lot of credit for how good he looked vs Tony, but I will say I don’t think Tony was 100% mentally ready for that fight. Between all the covid shit, the build up of the long awaited khabib fight, back and forth whether it’s happening or not, then cancelled, then he was gonna fight Justin but Justin missed weight so it got cancelled, then they eventually fought. Just a lot going on that makes me wonder how ready he was to fight.

khabib physically will be ready, my only concern w him is not having his father there, how does he handle that. I can’t lay that number on him but I don’t see him eating the same number of punches and kicks Tony did.

Big daddy naught

Look at Costa. Bullshit something happened before the fight. If it did, say it. Looks like he's mad at the antics of Izzy after the fight.

what a bitch. There isn’t gonna be any rematch. It wasn’t even competitive. No one wants to see that. He’s gonna have to go out and dominate guys like Hermanson, Whittaker, Canonier, etc then maybe he gets another shot but Izzy will prob move to LH by then

Big daddy naught

I love how these guys make excuses. If something did happen before the fight, ok, if it’s legit and that bad and you’re not 100% physically or mentally you don’t fight. Once you get in that cage, whatever happened or didn’t happen before the fight means nothing, don’t talk about it after the fact.

skanless13

I loved everything izzy did during and after the fight. Costa deserved every single bit of it.
That's kind of how I'm feeling as well. I was very wrong about this fight and am SO IMPRESSED with Izzy.
If you are going to talk shit and be disrespectful, you better either back it up, or not be surprised when it comes back to you. I was huge fans of both Conor (not a fan of this Box) anymore and Paulo, and feel they both got what they deserved after their respective huge rivalry losses. If you're not prepared to take it, don't start shit.

Sammy Meatballs

That's kind of how I'm feeling as well. I was very wrong about this fight and am SO IMPRESSED with Izzy.
If you are going to talk shit and be disrespectful, you better either back it up, or not be surprised when it comes back to you. I was huge fans of both Conor (not a fan of this Box) anymore and Paulo, and feel they both got what they deserved after their respective huge rivalry losses. If you're not prepared to take it, don't start shit.

This is exactly it. If you run your mouth you better back it up.

There is a reason why the best course of action is to be quiet and humble.

Look at Khabib the mayweather of Mma and he doesebt talk and is quiet and respectful before his fights.

The strong champion ones are quiet.

The weak insecure fighters run their mouths off.

Connor Costa both are insecure dudes. They run their mouths all day long but then get dominated very badly.

Costa to me looked like askren vs masvidal. He would run this mouth like crazy when the cameras were on and then when the fight started he didn’t show up.

Not a big fan of Costa and his career is over. You can’t rebound from a loss like this.

Costa also lost on the ultimate fighter show and Romero beat him also.

I think Hermanseen submits Costa easily and Cannonier will Ko him.

skanless13

This is exactly it. If you run your mouth you better back it up.

There is a reason why the best course of action is to be quiet and humble.

Look at Khabib the mayweather of Mma and he doesebt talk and is quiet and respectful before his fights.

The strong champion ones are quiet.

The weak insecure fighters run their mouths off.

Connor Costa both are insecure dudes. They run their mouths all day long but then get dominated very badly.

Costa to me looked like askren vs masvidal. He would run this mouth like crazy when the cameras were on and then when the fight started he didn’t show up.

Not a big fan of Costa and his career is over. You can’t rebound from a loss like this.

Costa also lost on the ultimate fighter show and Romero beat him also.

I think Hermanseen submits Costa easily and Cannonier will Ko him.

Agree with 90% of this. However, I DON'T think Costa's career is even close to over with this loss. He did look like shit and didn't seem himself at all. I think that's more of a commentary on how good Izzy is, vs an indictment of Costa. Dude has MMA in his blood.

Sammy Meatballs

Agree with 90% of this. However, I DON'T think Costa's career is even close to over with this loss. He did look like shit and didn't seem himself at all. I think that's more of a commentary on how good Izzy is, vs an indictment of Costa. Dude has MMA in his blood.

I agree it’s only 1 loss but I really think Costas career is over for the exact reasons that Adesanya mentioned.

Adesanya said Costa is stupid which I believe is true.
He stands there like a deer in headlights taking leg kicks and keeps making stupid faces and sticking his tongue out. He did the same thing vs Romero.

How can a fighter be a champion when all he is doing is making faces and trying to tell his opponent that he isn’t hurt? Where is his focus?

Where are his Adjustments?

He seems like he has no game plan other than to try and pummel his opponent.

With this many holes in his game and a deep division Whitaker Till Cannonier Hermansen and now Chimaev, Costa has way too many holes on his game to crack the top 5.

Even vs Romero he looked like crap, same stupid faces and tongue?

skanless13

I agree it’s only 1 loss but I really think Costas career is over for the exact reasons that Adesanya mentioned.

He stands there like a deer in headlights taking leg kicks and keeps making stupid faces and sticking his tongue out. He did the same thing vs Romero.

How can a fighter be a champion when all he is doing is making faces and trying to tell his opponent that he isn’t hurt? Where is his focus?

With this many holes in his game and a deep division Whitaker Till Cannonier Hermansen and now Chimaev, Costa has way too many holes on his game to crack the top 5.

I guess we'll see if/how he bounces back. Definitely has holes but I'm not counting him out.

Big daddy naught

I guess we'll see if/how he bounces back. Definitely has holes but I'm not counting him out.

this is where we will truly see what he’s got. He had gotten by on pure power and his striking not having to be a full fledged mma artist. Now he saw he can get got, does he evolve and use other tools and become more well rounded or still the one trick pony?

wiseplayer

Costa is George Cooney after losing to Holmes. He's a fraud and its over for him