• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Clay Helton Gone

A good point brought up by someone on Twitter: If you're going to fire your coach after 2 games, you should have fired him last season. No reason to let a coach start the year then fire him this quickly outside of scandal. What a mess the USC AD is

A good point brought up by someone on Twitter: If you're going to fire your coach after 2 games, you should have fired him last season. No reason to let a coach start the year then fire him this quickly outside of scandal. What a mess the USC AD is

Petros Papadakis was on a radio show today. He said the USC has like 50 board of trustees, double what normal schools have. They are all detached and want athletics to be what they want, doesn't necessarily matter if it is winning or not, it is a control and image thing. He seemed to think it was not solely up to AD Bohn, that Bohn gets it and if it was only up to Bohn Helton wouldn't have made it this long. I'm paraphrasing some. Petros is a tool, but he is close to the inner workings of USC.

Be awesome it they just said fuck it and hired Marinovich in true comeback fashion

Helton should have been gone 2 years ago; no way Bohn was going to fire him LY, just would not have been politically correct.

Keep an eye on Fickell; Bohn hired him when he was AD at Cincinnati.
That's an interesting option, no doubt.

Helton should have been gone 2 years ago; no way Bohn was going to fire him LY, just would not have been politically correct.

Keep an eye on Fickell; Bohn hired him when he was AD at Cincinnati.
Would be a good hire but after Helton I think they want to make a splash hire that generates buzz

I see people making point that firing now let's them court big names right away, not needing to do back channels or risk it getting out

It's a stretch but I see some merit

If you really want (wanted) Fickell, this is a horrible way to go about it -- even if this is his dream-job, it has to be tough to abandon the kids at Cincy mid-season....JFC, USC is just something else at times

If you really want (wanted) Fickell, this is a horrible way to go about it -- even if this is his dream-job, it has to be tough to abandon the kids at Cincy mid-season....JFC, USC is just something else at times
Don’t think it’s his dream job at all. It’s just the AD that hired him at Cincy. I’ve always imagined Ohio State as his dream job

Certainly making me rethink my Cincy bet this week though

He's a midwest guy through and through. Would be shocked if he heads to that clusterfuck in LA.

It's ND or OSU for him.
Good point as well.

USC plays in an average conference and can recruits itself....

But...

Not everyone wants to take on THAT job methinks...

The appeal of it seemingly is lessening each year.

Franklin makes a ton of sense, celebrity coach would make SC boosters happy, great recruiter

Softer conference for Franklin

Yep. Franklin is a fit.

Jeff Hafley would be a smart hire but SC isn't smart.

And I cannot believe anyone would fall for the Urban okey doke for a second time.

This is what people don't get. It's not half as good of a gig as people dream it to be. And the administration simply isn't committed to winning big.

Very similar situation to Miami.
Yeah,

Unless your administration is all in from the top, very tough to break through into the football factories right now...

Yeah,

Unless your administration is all in from the top, very tough to break through into the football factories right now...

Yep, there are no 'accidental' national championships right now.

You have to be ALL IN (financially and ethically) from every aspect of your program from the assistant coaches to the guy painting the end zones each week.

SC has a lot of other fish to fry right now outside of football. As fans sometimes we fail to recognize that.

Last edited:
The Trojans flat out quit vs Stanford the other night. Helton should have been fired two years ago. I understand why they stuck with him after the fiasco with Kiffin and the drunk Armenian. Helton is a nice guy but just isn’t head coach material. This is the most hopeful I’ve felt about this program in quite some time.

same thing they did with Kiffin

Whoever they hire as head coach, the coordinator hires will be just as important.

Look at all the top flight programs - we all know their OC and DC names off the tops of our heads.

One might say that was the biggest behind the scenes difference for Oregon vs Ohio State. Oregon has two really strong coordinators to work with Cristobol, Ohio State will be replacing their DC next year. Kombs is a solid position coach, but last year and 2 games this year shows why paying big time coordinators the big time bucks at the big time schools is necessary.

I feel USC doesn't need a splash hire. Dabo wasn't a splash hire but look who he surrounded himself with? Pete Carrol was panned when he was hired. Anthony Munoz was calling radio shows saying how bad of a hire it was.

USC doesn't need Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer. They need somebody like Kyle Whittingham, Gary Patterson, Kirk Ferentz not those guys but guys like who they used to be before they became who they are now.

there is no pressure on any coach for any team inLA from
Media except the Lakers . That’s it
I don't compare it to East Coast media

It's the batshit crazies that are worse and the flock to LA

I don't compare it to East Coast media

It's the batshit crazies that are worse and the flock to LA

this is not the USC of the Pete era

the care level just isn’t there , they are way down the pecking order in terms of sports teams

this is not the USC of the Pete era

the care level just isn’t there , they are way down the pecking order in terms of sports teams
No doubt but they are now competing against the Kardashians and Real Housewives

Maybe hire Lisa Rinna as coach?

Pete Carroll was brilliant he essentially brought showtime to USC football, I’d argue they at their height were more popular than Lakers

the program is dead , the coliseum is a funeral , the conference sucks , their top recruits are being taken out of state year after year

they don’t even need a name for head coach,they need a star player , preferably at qb

Pete Carroll was brilliant he essentially brought showtime to USC football, I’d argue they at their height were more popular than Lakers

the program is dead , the coliseum is a funeral , the conference sucks , their top recruits are being taken out of state year after year

they don’t even need a name for head coach,they need a star player , preferably at qb
They need to hire Ryan Leaf

You mean after slovis?

They should be playing up the NIL stuff to recruits

Just bring a song girl and an NIL PowerPoint and watch the recruits flow
Have heard it here for ASU for years but USC has the exact same complaint

With the trim, facilities, weather, lifestyle

How aren't you a top ten team every season?

Have heard it here for ASU for years but USC has the exact same complaint

With the trim, facilities, weather, lifestyle

How aren't you a top ten team every season?
Because one of them is USC and the other is arizona state

Because one of them is USC and the other is arizona state
ASU/Tejas/tOSU are always the top 3 for enrollment in the country

Bet you'll be shocked that UCF is 4th then you get into Wisky etc

Point being, you have a ton at you disposal and literally don't use the muscle to push others around here

Don't get me wrong, I don't live and bleed ASU

But this city is a lot more fun when the local teams are doing well

ASU/Tejas/tOSU are always the top 3 for enrollment in the country

Bet you'll be shocked that UCF is 4th then you get into Wisky etc

Point being, you have a ton at you disposal and literally don't use the muscle to push others around here
Ya I dont mean enrollment

USC is a brand, arizonas only brand is as party schools

Even in pac 12 I'd say arizona and Asu are near bottom in terms of job desirability

Back