• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ML Dogs Week 1

i dont see many ml dogs making my card this week. couple real short spreads where i like the dog, maryland and nevada both teams i think have a good chance to win.. as i already said i love san jose st with the +14 but dunno if im gonna play the ml? maybe a little sprinkle in a round robin with those other 2? i like rice and fresno with the points but i dont expect either to win. penn state/wiscy should be a game that could go either way so getting around 2 to 1 probably not a bad play. been waiting to talk to VC about the sparty/nw game, i dont like either those teams so not sure it isnt a toss up? so far that about all on my radar.

i just need them to slow down bruins rushing attack/not allow the 50+ yard home runs. as long they do that i think under should have a pretty good chance.. if their secondary is that good i would expect DTR to struggle, he is not very accurate, last week he was missing/sailing the ball to wide open guys!! What lsu offense gonna look like? they gonna go fast or be more traditional?
I think they will try and run the ball more this year. The back field is loaded on paper but we are still waiting for the number 1 back coming out in Emery to show out and some more from Davis-Price who was 6 RB coming out. Both LA boys.
Some people swear the Ohio kid Kiner is a beast and will be a dog. Goodwin a young gun too.

Many feel the latter 2 will shine as we wait for the star gazed guys to finally shine….

I think they will try and run the ball more this year. The back field is loaded on paper but we are still waiting for the number 1 back coming out in Emery to show out and some more from Davis-Price who was 6 RB coming out. Both LA boys.
Some people swear the Ohio kid Kiner is a beast and will be a dog. Goodwin a young gun too.

Many feel the latter 2 will shine as we wait for the star gazed guys to finally shine….

all that makes me feel good bout under.. if both teams offensive strengths gonna be the run game then 65 is def high! kicking myself for not grabbing sooner as i saw it 66-67 earlier in the week,

So looking at what I've already played, I'm thinking of adding one with Lousiville, UL-Laf, Rice, Fl. Atl 1st half, and Utah St...

:popcorn:

Read about Monmouth over in the Sagarin thread and I really like this idea so much that I think Monmouth might be the best dog play of the day.

Last one because I'm all out of money.....easy come / easy go however I have a helluva lot of action going on today....:oops:

BOLTA!!

3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:

parlay4.jpg

Read about Monmouth over in the Sagarin thread and I really like this idea so much that I think Monmouth might be the best dog play of the day.

I agree! I like Monmouth with the points for a potential close game and I wouldn't be surprised if they won.

MTSU is not an overly large DL and LB units so size shouldn't be an issue. Monmouth OL should be good. MTSU does have some decent players in that secondary that might be problematic. Monmouth does have a couple good WRs while Monmouth has some similar quality DB players.

I had mentioned elsewhere that MTSU is a team that saw a QB lead them in carries the last 3 years and now they switch to a non-mobile QB Bailey Hockman, who isn't especially good. Might MTSU have some growing pains in their offensive philosophy switch (new OC from Kansas of all places)?

MTSU is just 1-3 straight up as a favorite the last 2 years!

I think that Central Arkansas could maybe be another potential one. Butch Jones' first game in Jonesboro.

They played last year and Ark St did win 50-27 laying 15. Line today is about 13 (+425).

UCA has beat some FBS before. They beat WKU in 2019, Ark St in 2016 and WKU in 2009. Had some close games that includes losing in OT vs LaTech, and leading Ole Miss at halftime.

They return a decent looking team, same team that lost to Ark St by 23 last year...that game was just 16-13 late 2nd Q before the wheels fell off.

I think that Central Arkansas could maybe be another potential one. Butch Jones' first game in Jonesboro.

They played last year and Ark St did win 50-27 laying 15. Line today is about 13 (+425).

UCA has beat some FBS before. They beat WKU in 2019, Ark St in 2016 and WKU in 2009. Had some close games that includes losing in OT vs LaTech, and leading Ole Miss at halftime.

They return a decent looking team, same team that lost to Ark St by 23 last year...that game was just 16-13 late 2nd Q before the wheels fell off.
I know @M.W. likes them.....fwiw I'm done for the time being but I wish you luck if you play 'em!

:tiphat:

Central Ark lost last year like I said...but Charlotte lost by 34 last year and won the rematch last night. Some different variables at play for them than here. However, the turnover in Ark St (coaches, 2 of top 3 WR including an AA WR, lost top DL, lost top LB) provides some opportunity the more stable Central Ark competes better this time around.

I really wish that San Jose's receivers were back this year. I feel like the ability, familiarity and experience of Gaither and Walker will be missed today. San Jose can still do it, but they are weaker on paper this year in that regard.

Skip Holtz has played several Power 5 teams tough through the years with a couple upsets. And Leach has some troubling upset losses while at Wazzou. Throwing a little LaTech's way.

LaTech 10 to win 110
San Jose St 50 to win 250
Texas St 50 to win 225
UTSA 100 to win 170
FAU 10 to win 110
Utah St 50 to win 300
Monmouth 50 to win 130
Central Ark 50 to win 230

Skip Holtz has played several Power 5 teams tough through the years with a couple upsets. And Leach has some troubling upset losses while at Wazzou. Throwing a little LaTech's way.

LaTech 10 to win 110
Texas St 50 to win 225
UTSA 100 to win 170
FAU 10 to win 110
Utah St 50 to win 300
Monmouth 50 to win 130
That's a helluva great lookin' card!!

:shake:

LaTech 10 to win 110
Texas St 50 to win 225
UTSA 100 to win 170
FAU 10 to win 110
Utah St 50 to win 300
Monmouth 50 to win 130
Looking like a great call!

:shake:

we constantly have a nugget or 2 in this thread every week. Keep up the great work everyone, and keep em coming!

If you haven't seen the Weekly ML Dog Contest, jump on in, its never to late to make a run

Back