• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

United States Open @ Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We are right around the corner from another major and obviously off a historic one the buildup here should be tremendous!

We all know how things went the first time around at Torrey back in 2008... that one was kinda neat, right?

We know the ultimate storyline but we have others that are forming as well...

This should be a doozy...

I did bet Woodland months ago at 80/90-1....

Not that there is any reason to bet Kisner in the US Open particularly with his results this year, but if you think of doing so you need to watch from 3:15 to 3:42.

Kisner tells you about his chances of victory..

I love this so much.

Starting my card with Xander 22-1. Grabbed it last night on betonline before it moved to 20. It won’t get over 22. Dudes a local, he seemingly makes a push at every major, his US Open record is stellar, and he just finished second last time they played at Torrey. Gimme all the 22-1. I still think 20 is a good number and may even add.

I think he lost at Torrey by one shot to Reed. Patrick won the tournament by shooting 64 on the North course on day 1.

Xander 20-1
Mori 22-1 I’ll lock in later today

What else everyone like?

is JT done? 22-1 is nuts from where we were 2 months ago.

Why is Rahm always the prohibitive favorite?

very casual fan here, didn’t get into watching it until the rona hit last year...

Xander 20-1
Mori 22-1 I’ll lock in later today

What else everyone like?

is JT done? 22-1 is nuts from where we were 2 months ago.

Why is Rahm always the prohibitive favorite?

very casual fan here, didn’t get into watching it until the rona hit last year...
Rahm is always going to be a favorite at Torrey tournaments because everyone remembers his win there and he tends to play the course well, plays in SD all the time. Tend to notice guys that are from the WC play well on WC courses too, so Collin is an ideal wager, I'm sure he's taken on a lot of money at those odds.

X is from there and played at SDSU so he'll always be a favorite as well

What a couple of pretentious assholes....

What a couple of pretentious assholes....
Felt sleazy reading that, couple human stains those Smiths

I remember feeling like I was watching a Kung Fu movie. After the main event was over, one guy started flinging his irons at the other guy, who happened to be a golfing buddy. He in turn started throwing them back at the original guy, hitting his cart with some of the clubs breaking. Cart guy was pretty bloodied up and started pressuring my friend and I for his name. We pretended that we didn’t know him. He yelled at us and said he was going to get the cops. This was pre cellphone days… my buddy and I decided to call it day and head home. The walk home was about two miles in spiked golf shoes. We were 13 at the time…

I have kinda posted through thread but I have

Morikawa
Shauffele
Woodland

I played Gary months ago...

Collin last week and X this past weekend...

Otherwise, gonna wait to pull the trigger as we get going...

Obviously Rahm is a factor at this track but this plays soooo much different than in January for the Farmers IMO...

I hope it plays like 2008, that would be hella fun...

I do think that Phil will struggle this week. That is just too much to ask after winning in SC... he simply has struggled here since the renovations overall...

JT is such a great number but he cannot putt right now...

Gonna roll with my Asian brothers for the W-

Matsuyama 40-1
Morikawa 22-1

been having decent results on Thursday/Friday 3-ball edition, hoping I can pick/combine a few solid selections.

I have kinda posted through thread but I have

Morikawa
Shauffele
Woodland

I played Gary months ago...

Collin last week and X this past weekend...

Otherwise, gonna wait to pull the trigger as we get going...

Obviously Rahm is a factor at this track but this plays soooo much different than in January for the Farmers IMO...

I hope it plays like 2008, that would be hella fun...

I do think that Phil will struggle this week. That is just too much to ask after winning in SC... he simply has struggled here since the renovations overall...

JT is such a great number but he cannot putt right now...
Man I’m just staring at a 25 that I want to take. If he can even putt tour average this week he’s in play. I auto bet him at 20 for the players and he won. Might go back to him.

From a DFS perspective,

The high priced options I've eliminated from my player pool - Rory, JT, Reed, Hovland, Spieth(easily),
I want to eliminate DJ/Koepka because of their steep price, but still teetering on what to do.
I will have less shares of morikawa/xander than the field.

I will be overweight rahm/simpson/dechambeau(gulp)/cantlay, and probably zalatoris.
I'll own finau around average

Some low priced guys I'll most likely be overweight on, Hoffman (think he may be over owned unfortunately, but I have to have him), Clark, Ortiz, Niemann.

I'd say there's about 20~ other guys I'm still sifting through not mentioned above.

Total number of golfers under par:
Under 7.5, -115
This moved quickly, it's now -150.

I saw another prop late last night that I thought was a misprint. I figured I'd wait until this morning so I could think about it better, but that chance is gone.

Highest single hole score: Over 8.5 strokes was -160, but it's now -240.

From a DFS perspective,

The high priced options I've eliminated from my player pool - Rory, JT, Reed, Hovland, Spieth(easily),
I want to eliminate DJ/Koepka because of their steep price, but still teetering on what to do.
I will have less shares of morikawa/xander than the field.

I will be overweight rahm/simpson/dechambeau(gulp)/cantlay, and probably zalatoris.
I'll own finau around average

Some low priced guys I'll most likely be overweight on, Hoffman (think he may be over owned unfortunately, but I have to have him), Clark, Ortiz, Niemann.

I'd say there's about 20~ other guys I'm still sifting through not mentioned above.
I like Justin Rose for DFS. Former winner at Torrey (and US Open), has shown some form since leading the Masters the first couple of days

I like Justin Rose for DFS. Former winner at Torrey (and US Open), has shown some form since leading the Masters the first couple of days
I dont hate it, his ownership shouldn't be much higher than 5%~...but i know his putting has been unsustainably good though

One thing I like to consider in making golf bets are player interviews. Much of golf is mental attitude, form and positive vs negative vibe. I use interviews plus the player's on-course demeanor when things have not gone their way, taking into account each player is different.

I do not let these 2 factors make my selections, but they can keep me off a player and/or potentially make me reconsider players to wager on or against. As an example, these 2 'tools' have helped me avoid Justin Thomas for the past 3 months.

FWIW - My favorite pretourney interviews are Xander, Woodland & Spieth.

I have not put $$ on Spieth. I have on Xander & Woodland. I was going to put $$ on Xander anyway, but Woodland's comments pushed me to consider him this week.

We shall see. Best to all

One thing I like to consider in making golf bets are player interviews. Much of golf is mental attitude, form and positive vs negative vibe. I use interviews plus the player's on-course demeanor when things have not gone their way, taking into account each player is different.

I do not let these 2 factors make my selections, but they can keep me off a player and/or potentially make me reconsider players to wager on or against. As an example, these 2 'tools' have helped me avoid Justin Thomas for the past 3 months.

FWIW - My favorite pretourney interviews are Xander, Woodland & Spieth.

I have not put $$ on Spieth. I have on Xander & Woodland. I was going to put $$ on Xander anyway, but Woodland's comments pushed me to consider him this week.

We shall see. Best to all
I watched this interview with Woodland and also added him after I heard it. He said he loves the course and it fits his eye. Said his game is in good scale and admitted last year it wasn’t. I’m in.

Back