• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Funny because Mahrez had about 5 of the worst giveaways of the City season I saw today, but obv the 2 goals..which leads me to MOtM for me in order

1. Dias (for obvious reasons)
2. Ederson (that pass changed the match and literally resulted in Mahrez 1st goal, because...)
3. KDB drilled it and Mahrez was in the perfect spot to capitalize, but that was a great shot at a tough angle, but he kinda owned the pace of play
4. Mahrez (duh)

And Phil is so good, incredible poise at that age, mature pass for the 2nd
Only reason I wouldnt have ederson there is he should have cost them a goal, and that changes everything

Only reason I wouldnt have ederson there is he should have cost them a goal, and that changes everything
True but that was really poor by Bernardo

Who also by the way had a real problem with hitting the wingers in stride today, bunch of slow passes that made them slow or stop and killed some of the run. Not his best game by far.

Ya he did, what does that have to do with the money part

Every club spends, some do it within the means of their revenue (united, liverpool, spurs), barca and madrid do it with huge debts

Citys net spend on transfers since they were bought by the UAE is around 1.4 billion

City are the only club that pretend they do it in spite of the money, even pep said after the game today if people think it's just money they are wrong. So is he pretending he would have gone to the club in the Swales era?

Same thing with them and their fans taking this high road about the super league because they were hesitant... that's because it wouldnt have benefited them, they already exist in their own super league right now. You cant complain about money in football when you spend more than everyone else.

They are the empire and they want people to view them as the rebels, just own it
I don’t think I’ve ever said money doesn’t have anything to do with it, clearly it does. As does recruitment.
My point was, you didn’t say anything about the money a week ago. It was Pep vs Poch, and Pep being scared. But now that they are in the final, it’s the $$. Whatever way you want to go at it, be consistent.

Also fun how I've gone full circle on di Maria. Rex always loved that during the '14 WC when I'd bag on him in my sleep but he was poor and I didn't like him at RM either...then confirmed at MU.

Suddenly he goes to PSG and that really worked, spent time reassessing everything about him, but he was the worst player on the pitch today

Which I can only draw the conclusion that he succeeds with two exceptional/great forwards against less than stellar FBs

So he is what he is, should buy those around him some Isotoners

I don’t think I’ve ever said money doesn’t have anything to do with it, clearly it does. As does recruitment.
My point was, you didn’t say anything about the money a week ago. It was Pep vs Poch, and Pep being scared. But now that they are in the final, it’s the $$. Whatever way you want to go at it, be consistent.

They arent exclusive

He did put out his best lineup in a cup final where the 2nd squad would have won it, and he would have made excuses had he then lost the cl game, he has a history of it

That doesnt have anything to do with that they outspend everyone by a billion dollars over a decade

Also fun how I've gone full circle on di Maria. Rex always loved that during the '14 WC when I'd bag on him in my sleep but he was poor and I didn't like him at RM either...then confirmed at MU.

Suddenly he goes to PSG and that really worked, spent time reassessing everything about him, but he was the worst player on the pitch today

Which I can only draw the conclusion that he succeeds with two exceptional/great forwards against less than stellar FBs

So he is what he is, should buy those around him some Isotoners
If he liked di Maria it was cause the site he was copying and pasting his soccer stuff from liked him

If he liked di Maria it was cause the site he was copying and pasting his soccer stuff from liked him
lol not sure that he liked him as much as he enjoyed my comments about how he hadn't met a defender he didn't like on crosses

I mean we still had the English lads chiming in at that point and cunt was a very important term with several descriptive adjectives to describe him

lol not sure that he liked him as much as he enjoyed my comments about how he hadn't met a defender he didn't like on crosses

I mean we still had the English lads chiming in at that point and cunt was a very important term with several descriptive adjectives to describe him
Thats all tied to the history with the Argies from the 80s, hand of god and the falklands

If you haven't read it, the Jonathan wilson book, angels with dirty faces, about the history of football in argentina, is really good. Goes into how the culture breeds so called 'Angels with dirty faces', which is a translated saying from down there, I believe it's sort of meaning angel with a devils face

Basically means they create these angelic type of skilled players like diego, riquelme, Batistuta, all the way back to di Stefano, but they all have that devil inside of them who brings out a stamp here and there when they see the red mist

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Thats all tied to the history with the Argies from the 80s, hand of god and the falklands

If you haven't read it, the Jonathan wilson book, angels with dirty faces, about the history of football in argentina, is really good. Goes into how the culture breeds so called 'Angels with dirty faces', which is a translated saying from down there, I believe it's sort of meaning angel with a devils face

Basically means they create these angelic type of skilled players like diego, riquelme, Batistuta, all the way back to di Stefano, but they all have that devil inside of them who brings out a stamp here and there when they see the red mist
I've learned a ton about Argies since moving to my current spot, one guy won't miss a Boca match for the life of him yet doesn't know anyone other than Messi lol. They are by definition a herd at times

Curious to see how Sergio's kid progresses, baby momma is the daughter of Maradona and never know in that country, might not even want to play ffs

Takes a different sort of appreciation of sport to understand S American footy which is why I've just stayed away other than pieces like 30 for 30 on Escobar, hard to understand for me the life n death over it and obviously Brazil/Argentina/Chile/Uruguay etc aren't remotely at that level of Colombia back then but I have to believe there's still a ton of that going on

We sit here, when someone misses a shot, he gets booed at most. There, if you get booed you might get shot. Think there was a match a few years ago between River Plate and Boca Juniors where fans poured acid (can't remember which team) on the players going into the locker room. Maybe 4-5 years ago. Ya, I'm out on acid in my face.

Takes a different sort of appreciation of sport to understand S American footy which is why I've just stayed away other than pieces like 30 for 30 on Escobar, hard to understand for me the life n death over it and obviously Brazil/Argentina/Chile/Uruguay etc aren't remotely at that level of Colombia back then but I have to believe there's still a ton of that going on

We sit here, when someone misses a shot, he gets booed at most. There, if you get booed you might get shot. Think there was a match a few years ago between River Plate and Boca Juniors where fans poured acid (can't remember which team) on the players going into the locker room. Maybe 4-5 years ago. Ya, I'm out on acid in my face.
Remember utah in a thread a few years ago arguing with people saying college football rivalries were the most intense in the world

Not even close lol

The shit that goes on in south America

Ukraine and other eastern euro places too

Just a different life

Not even a single shot on target yesterday, and PSG didn’t have a shot on target since the 1st half of the 1st leg.

Immense.
Kyle Walker was exceptional last night.

Not even a single shot on target yesterday, and PSG didn’t have a shot on target since the 1st half of the 1st leg.

Immense.
Kyle Walker was exceptional last night.

Hes gotten so much better defensively and reading the game the past few years, I could see him moving to cb permanently in a year or two if he starts to lose some speed, like Ramos did

Leicester are tanking out of the cl again

Their last 3 are at chelsea, at united, vs spurs

If they drop any points in those and any of spurs, liverpool, or west ham win out they pass them

Easier run ins too

Spurs have leeds, wolves, villa, leicester
Liverpool have united, Southampton, west brom, palace, Burnley
West ham have Everton, brighton, west brom, Southampton

I think leicester are done

If spurs can win tomorrow they have a real chance
Liverpool beat united and they have a real chance
West ham get by Everton and Brighton and are looking really good

Chelsea kinda tough too

Man city, arsenal, leicester, villa

If they lose vs city and say draw arsenal or lester, who knows

They have the cl final as a path too

Still no clue where CL final will be due to quarantine and bunch of England team would be in quarantine til 5 days before Euros, pressure to move from Istanbul is real

Wembley is in use for playoffs, could be WHL but I hope it's not London. Glasgow would work.

Hadn't thought about Wales, I'd heard Dublin was being thrown around as well but I'm not familiar with the Irish stadiums at all

Hadn't thought about Wales, I'd heard Dublin was being thrown around as well but I'm not familiar with the Irish stadiums at all
Ireland isnt in uk technically, the republic is separate, so may be issues there

Cardiff has the millennium stadium its great

Reactions: KJ
I need pep to take tomorrow seriously

Step on Chelsea's throat and get a win

If he does that. I will support the idea of the oil mercenaries winning the champions league

I need pep to take tomorrow seriously

Step on Chelsea's throat and get a win

If he does that. I will support the idea of the oil mercenaries winning the champions league
City will be taking tomorrow seriously, virtual lock

HurriKane to the oil mercenaries? Gotta think he’s going to want to go somewhere, sometime soonish.

Chelsea need to be careful, if liverpool win tomorrow their last 3 are west brom, Burnley, palace

That gets them to 69 if they run the table

That leicester chelsea game next tuesday may be for a champions league spot, leicester could live with a draw, but chelsea legitimately need to win it or they dont control their own destiny

Chelsea finishing outside the top 4, and then losing the final to man city would be fucking incredible

Cant believe how close euros are too, 4 weeks from this friday

Started looking into teams a bit in preparation and I think it's just gonna be incredible

England, Belgium, France, Portugal all have unbelievable talent in attack, Germany and spain do too but are a bit of a mess. Netherlands and Italy with some great young talent after missing 2018. Croatia, Denmark, Wales, Poland, Sweden all have match winners. North Macedonia the only real minnow.

France, germany, Portugal in one group is awesome

Back