Significant Portal Moves etc..

So this is simply academics. Everything I read is he'll have to go Juco to start.
Don't believe it's academics alone. That's part of it. When you get behind in academics your first year in college that's a big red flag, but there are other issues as well.

He's a me-first guy and his ego is out of control. I don't think it was coincidence LSU had a better record after he left the team.

I know he contacted one top team and they told him, sorry, we don't have room,, but one of the coaches of that team told me they don't want anyone with his attitude in the locker room. They want team-first guys only and this kid is the opposite. .

LSU Maurice Hampton hits the portal. 5 star guy plays 2 sports but wasn’t seeing the field for LSU baseball.
He played some at Safety but was disappointing
I’m sure he can play somewhere tho, but what’s coming at that position for LSU it would be tough given past performance

Texas will get a stud in Xavier Worthy.

He's just out of High School... Committed to Mich twice and has been hanging here a bit this winter..but was supposed to be an early enrollment guy .. Michigan admissions fucked up again so he was not happy and gonna opt out of his NLI.

Texas is the spot apparently...Sark been recruiting him since he got there...

I saw that.

Wish him well... Tough situation he went into last year with injury and also that bad team...has tools...and work eithic is outstanding...
I'm thinking he has the inside track to win the starting job this Fall, but I suppose we will see.

Oklahoma took 9 transfers, the most of any team. I think all of them were heavily recruited by OU out of high school and had Oklahoma as one of their finalists

They also signed only 16 recruits this year which I think is the lowest of any Power Five team.

Riley was ahead of everyone else in understanding how to use the portal

Taking this guy tells me all I need to know about the development of our WR after Metchie. Going to be a rude awakening for some fans after how spoiled we've been at the position for the last 4 years

Taking this guy tells me all I need to know about the development of our WR after Metchie. Going to be a rude awakening for some fans after how spoiled we've been at the position for the last 4 years
Absolutely an incredible run with the receivers. A joy to watch.

Some good news for Clemson for a change: DE Justin Foster has decided to un-retire. He was one of three co-starters at DE two years ago before missing last season with complications from Covid-19.

Stats:

Michigan should be getting the big kid from USC for the DL... He's visiting this weekend...

Big need.

Current tally for Clemson defense:

Four players lost to the portal
starting SLB Mike Jones to LSU (28 games, 7 starts at Clemson)
2nd/3rd-string CB LeAnthony Williams to Marshall (29 games, 0 starts)
2nd-string DT Nyles Pinckney to Minnesota (55 games, 15 starts at Clemson)
2nd-string DT Jordan Williams to VPI (38 games, 3 starts at Clemson)

One lost to health-related retirement
DE Justin Foster, who started 10 games at DE in 2019 and then missed 2020 after having Covid complicated by asthma

One lost to discipline-related dismissal
starting CB Derion Kendrick)

Kendrick is now a Georgia Bulldog. :angrymob:

Not sure he can help. I haven’t looked but y’all gotta have better backs there
I was surprised to hear the rumors because I look at it the same way. Not sure how good the guy is but OU already has two excellent RBs and a couple of others on the roster.

Maybe they want this guy to replace McGowan, a pretty good RB who is on his way to prison for one of the most inept armed robberies ever attempted

If so, there's a comedy aspect to it because Bradford was arrested for shoplifting from Walmart while at LSU

Last edited:
The only good thing about it is LSU is one of the few schools in the country who can loose a starting tackle and just move another stud into his place
I definitely wouldn’t say stud…this can be a major problem in SEC play. LA rarely produces good linemen. We have a decent cycle right now and the future looks pretty good, but this stings.

While we returned all starters it was the gift and the curse….they are an average bunch

SMU added a good linebacker from Oregon. The guy is going to SMU because they hired Jim Leavitt.

Dykes is as good as any offensive mind in the country, now they add Leavitt--one of the best defensive coordinators in the country--so they are going to be tough on D as well

Starting to add a lot of talent too. Not surprising because SMU is a damn good school with so many rich alums that if you play there you have a ton of opportunities--especially in Dallas--after you graduate

Last edited:
WKU adds WR DeAngelo Wilson (Austin Peay) and RB Jamale Carothers (Navy)

Wilson, a 5-foot-9, 173-pound wideout, comes to The Hill after putting together a strong career at Austin Peay – recording 2,672 yards and 25 touchdowns over four seasons in Clarksville, Tennessee. He was the OVC’s Offensive Player of the Year last season after putting up 619 yards and three TDs through seven games.

Memphis adds DL Greg Emerson (9 starts in 2 years at Tennessee), former PS#9 recruit

WR Trevon Sidney signs with San Jose State. Had 16 receptions for 123 yards and 1 TD in one season with Illinois and 10 receptions for 139 yards in two seasons with USC.

South Carolina singed the Frosh AA KU DB last month Karon Prunty.

Prunty posted 26 tackles, 10 passes defended, a forced fumble and an interception in nine starts last season. He allowed zero touchdowns and opponents completed just 38.5 percent of passes thrown at him over 525 snaps played.

Former Frosh AA DT Lamonte McDougle signs with UTSA

The well traveled McDougle (5'10/295) was a Freshman All-American who recorded 23 tackles, four TFL and two sacks as a member of West Virginia's defense in 2017. The former three-star recruit then missed 2018 due to NCAA transfer rules after moving to Wazzou. In 2019 McDougle played in all 13 games and recorded 14 tackles with 2.5 tackles for loss on the season while earning a very respectable 74.7 defensive grade. He entered the transfer portal back in early November, but after less than two weeks on the open market he withdrew his name from the portal and decided to stick it out with the Cougars. Then in April he announced a transfer to Buffalo, before backing off that pledge and enrolling at UTSA. The perennially indecisive McDougle will now get to play out this season as a Roadrunner.

Back