• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Cam Newton

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Why did the Patriots resign this bum of a has-been?

1615767843434.jpeg
Patriots Wire - USA Today
Cam Newton sends a strong message about 2021 after re-signing with Patriots
2 days ago

I don’t think it’s a bad signing. At the least the team loves him, good locker room guy, and he really didn’t get a fair deal last yr. no training camp, no weapons to throw to, half their d quit bc of covid, and he had covid himself. Very low risk move, and I expect if he’s the starter, it’ll be a lot of smash mouth football w cam and harris, Edelman should be back and I’d imagine they would pick up a cook, Jonnu smith, Henry type at TE, and upgrade the wr position. They won’t ask cam to throw deep often just enough to keep a defense honest but it’ll be quick, short passes and a lot of running and rely on the d reverting back to form

I don’t think it’s a bad signing. At the least the team loves him, good locker room guy, and he really didn’t get a fair deal last yr. no training camp, no weapons to throw to, half their d quit bc of covid, and he had covid himself. Very low risk move, and I expect if he’s the starter, it’ll be a lot of smash mouth football w cam and harris, Edelman should be back and I’d imagine they would pick up a cook, Jonnu smith, Henry type at TE, and upgrade the wr position. They won’t ask cam to throw deep often just enough to keep a defense honest but it’ll be quick, short passes and a lot of running and rely on the d reverting back to form

i agree, I actually thought he did fairly well considering the circumstances last year. Sounds like they got him a top flight te in free agency so now they just need to get him some wr help!!! I would think more time removed from surgery and time in the system he could have a solid year.. I’d like to see him at least have a chance with a solid supporting cast before he hangs it up. I think he a better option than say mariota or whatever else was available, obviously Jets wouldnt have traded them darnold.

Didnt Cam have them driving to win game vs bills but then fumbled in red zone?? He looked really good in the early part of season before he got Rona. I know seattle defense was ass at that point but he was going toe to toe with Russ.

I think he still has one good season in him! If pats defense gets back to a top 5ish unit and offense adds a weapon or 2 on the outside, like a golliday or maybe ju ju in the slot to go with the te he could make them a playoff contender right behind bills in the division. They should draft or sign a real tall wr as Cam tends to like them big guys!!! All the other QBs in the div are or gonna be young, always been a hoody staple for his defenses to give young qbs a tough go of it.

I dunno what their schedule like but 9-7/10-6 doesn’t feel all that crazy, wouldn’t be a shock to see them make a playoff push. I think that probably their ceiling in the crazy good afc but nothing wrong with that while they retooling on the fly. Of course the problem is it tough to find yourself a long term franchise qb if you never bad enough to be drafting in top 5 or 10 at least!! Guess there not any QBs scouts high on in next years class anyways., give sCam a chance!!!

Pats went out and got another te! So they have 2 stud tight ends ala back in the day with Gronk and the gang banger!! I think this a great move to line up with Cams skill set.

O-line made Cam appear worse than he is also. Dude had zero time in the pocket.

Now pats just need to use the 15th pick to draft themselves a #1 wr and Cam be set!!!

with the niners making the move for the 3rd pick it seems like Jimmy g on pats all but a lock doesn’t it? Poor cam.

with the niners making the move for the 3rd pick it seems like Jimmy g on pats all but a lock doesn’t it? Poor cam.

shefty says niners plan on keeping Jimmy g this season, would lead me to believe they go Lance and let him sit a year or until Jimmy g gets hurt again!! If true Cam will get his chance with a pretty good group around him!!

Back