• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Oh Canada

Teapot9

Booster for Missouri Athletics
A2A873F1-7297-48AE-93BE-462B39DA6225.jpeg

I stand on guard for thee
This may not impressive my hockey homies north of the border but I had to special order the beers. Got 2 cases. One is in the fridge.
If my bets keep going the way they’re going I may open the whiskey to forget about tonight.

Ok @pb278817 just poured a dram.....
Smell: softer than an American rye and not as spicy which frankly I think is just fine. Cinnamon is the dominant spice I believe. This is definitely made for cold weather. Soft vanilla notes, maybe some caramel. Oak.

next I chew it and I’ll read other reviews for the nose. See if I’m anywhere close.

PB this smells like the perfect pour if you like your brother in law or you’re having a drink with your friend on the back porch while it’s cold out or in the basement bar

PB this smells like the perfect pour if you like your brother in law or you’re having a drink with your friend on the back porch while it’s cold out or in the basement bar
Or after a 1 reb short bet. Shoulda poured me one too

I got it on.
I gotta little patch of hair over my asshole the boys called it my ass toque
I played beer league with a guy who had a random patch of thick-ass black hair on his shoulder blade...we called it Nerpal.
If he was digging for the puck in front of the bench, we'd yell "rub Nerpal in his face!"

Labatt really outsells Molson down there?
I have no idea. The lady at the store tried telling me none of the distributors had heard of Labatt and I keeled over laughing. Hence why my note was written for a dunderhead. I think the lady forgot to ask the reps so she tried to cover herself. But then again after having met plenty of west coast people maybe they don’t actually know what Labatt is.

Don't burn any calories trying to hunt it down...I'll buy you one at the 2022 Stampede.
This could be quite the ambassadorial mission... PB, Chip, Teed, GSRO, and Tea all getting together for stampede!!! Ladies of Calgary watch the fuck out!!! Means I’m keeping the mullet for another year it appears.

Can I bring US money into Canada and they just translate it for me? I forgot how that works. Or do you do that at the airport?

Can I bring US money into Canada and they just translate it for me? I forgot how that works. Or do you do that at the airport?
A bank would exchange it for you, if you're close to the border, most places like gas stations would have a set rate and take us cash, but that's probably only Ontario and BC where its relevant

Pre covid we used to go down to bellingham/seattle probly once every 2 months for shopping, and would always just exchange some cash at the bank to have walking around money, but easiest to use a credit card

A bank would exchange it for you, if you're close to the border, most places like gas stations would have a set rate and take us cash, but that's probably only Ontario and BC where its relevant

Pre covid we used to go down to bellingham/seattle probly once every 2 months for shopping, and would always just exchange some cash at the bank to have walking around money, but easiest to use a credit card
Vancouver doesn’t have nice shopping options? That looks like a very affluent city. Why would you come to US?
I haven’t been to Canada in probably 20 years. Are prices higher there? Going to stampede sounds like a riot.

Vancouver doesn’t have nice shopping options? That looks like a very affluent city. Why would you come to US?
I haven’t been to Canada in probably 20 years. Are prices higher there? Going to stampede sounds like a riot.
Mostly food, canada doesnt have a trader Joe's, so we would go there, also usually swing by the Bellingham Costco for some brands we dont have up here, only like a 2 hour drive each way, go on like a tuesday and theres no traffic on the roads or in stores

Not a price thing for that

For clothes it's a big difference, even with the exchange you can save easy 40-60% on designer stuff, plus more options, so roommate is a big fan, only issue is if you get an asshole at the border who makes you pay duty. Usually end up having to do that once a year, and it ends up being a weekend trip down to seattle

Back