• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Carson Wentz sweepstakes?

Sounds like the Iggs
Taking on Wentz’ contract & giving up first rounder? I dunno.

Wentz one of the least accurate passers in league this year. Behind Darnold, and only ahead of Haskins & Lock.

Not to mention reports he not a great leader.

Taking on Wentz’ contract & giving up first rounder? I dunno.

Wentz one of the least accurate passers in league this year. Behind Darnold, and only ahead of Haskins & Lock.

Not to mention reports he not a great leader.
There's a lot to the whole thing

What we do know is he doesn't just suck, there's a reason he was MVP for half a season. We also know by many accounts he's an asshole

The big question for me is how much of that was the fit in Philly and Pederson, maybe he couldn't handle that market in conjunction with that coach...I get it that they are all supposed to be professionals, but he went from MVP to having his scrub backup win the SB, fragile egos are still egos

I would roll the dice on a change of scenery doing him well, several teams would benefit me thinks

I can imagine how the Eagles front office is laughing their asses off right now... “can you believe ryan pace actually believed us when we told him Denver offered us 2 first round picks for Wentz?! Hahaha what an idiot”

Also, Wentz said he will restructure contract, take pay cut to get out of Philadelphia.

There's a lot to the whole thing

What we do know is he doesn't just suck, there's a reason he was MVP for half a season. We also know by many accounts he's an asshole

The big question for me is how much of that was the fit in Philly and Pederson, maybe he couldn't handle that market in conjunction with that coach...I get it that they are all supposed to be professionals, but he went from MVP to having his scrub backup win the SB, fragile egos are still egos

I would roll the dice on a change of scenery doing him well, several teams would benefit me thinks
I like the move for Chicago. Where else are they getting this much upside at QB.

I like the move for Chicago. Where else are they getting this much upside at QB.
Agreed, coming into last year most people had wentz as like a top 6 guy

I'd take a chance, bears seem to have some weapons on offense too, way more than wentz had in philly lately

The risk/reward is large, but I'd rather bet on upside than any qb available outside watson

Worst case, wentz is cooked, and they can draft howell or slovis

New rumors are Wentz and 2nd for 1st, cohen, foles

seems to me Philly starting all those rumors in a attempt to try and drive the price for a player nobody wants all that much! Lol. Last I read was anonymous gm saying it was hilarious what they were asking for. They think they can get 2 1’s? They be lucky to get any 1 and should take it and be incredibly grateful if anyone gives them that. He damaged goods, makes too much money, and everyone knows Philly totally fucked if they don’t deal him. They not exactly in a position of strength! Hence they making shit up, it been 4 days since I heard him being traded was imminent in the coming days! Lol

What?! Why would he do that?

maybe cause he wants to leave Philly and that prob the only way to get it done, can’t imagine any team real interested in shelling out the money he makes for what he has been!

And/Or could be realization he doesn’t need another locker room full of guys who resent him before he even walks in! Might be a step toward gaining respect on new team if he restructures in a way that can get other guys paid instead of leaving no meat on the bone for others. It Says he interested in winning. Just a thought, I dunno if he actually that self aware? Could just be the 1st thing and nothing more.

New report is best offer to date is Colts offering 2 2nds. Philly should quit fucking around and take it.

New report is best offer to date is Colts offering 2 2nds. Philly should quit fucking around and take it.

yea, I heard 2 2’s and like a 3-4 down the line. I agree they better stop playing and cut their losses now, longer this lingers the better chance any team looking at him decides to look elsewhere and we know Philly has to move him. Whether hurts the guy or not it will never work with Wentz in Philly! Longer they drag it out the more risk they take being stuck in mud for another season, he not that covered, the offers not gonna get better imo.

Sooner Eagles realize he is the Jared Goff of the Lions Rams deal the better.

you mean like rams had to give up a extra 1 in the deal for lions to take Goff contract? Lol. Sounds bout right, Eagles want some 1s but in reality they gonna have to give up a 1 for someone to take him! Lol.

They keep saying he days away from being moved, feels like that been reported for several weeks!! I just don’t think they close to getting what their delusional asses want! Until they come off that pipe dream of getting 1st rounders he not going anywhere. It would be so Eagles for them to drag it out then the 2 teams apparently interested moving on, I could def see the colts looking at other options. Bears might be desperate enough to continue talking and bidding against themselves?

I heard today that bears wouldn’t trade for him if he doesn’t want to be in Chicago. Philly really fucked then, Indy can just sit back and wait till they out of options then give them a 3rd or some shit! Lol

So stoked to hear about this trade from the H8ers

Philly got fleeced, if those picks turn into first rounders they will be late anyway. Wentz is gonna love having an offensive line and a running game.
Wentz didn’t help that offensive line either though...eagles beat writers attributed 14 sacks to him

Wentz didn’t help that offensive line either though...eagles beat writers attributed 14 sacks to him
They hate him, I can't take anything Philly media says seriously about Wentz. And not like I give him a pass, he just isn't built for that environment. He's pretty much a dbag too...think Indy is perfect for him.

They hate him, I can't take anything Philly media says seriously about Wentz. And not like I give him a pass, he just isn't built for that environment. He's pretty much a dbag too...think Indy is perfect for him.
Yeah Indy is a great fit. I’m just saying he definitely held on to the ball far too often last season, he was mentally broken in philly. Change of scenery and Reich will be huge for him, think all parties benefitted from this deal

Kinda figured Indy or Denver would be great for him, wear people aren't dissecting every misstep he takes on a Tuesday afternoon

I heard today that bears wouldn’t trade for him if he doesn’t want to be in Chicago. Philly really fucked then, Indy can just sit back and wait till they out of options then give them a 3rd or some shit! Lol

bingo. They got fleeced.

Jalen Hurts is a starting QB in the NFL. Wow did I never expect that to happen and its why I lost so much last draft bettng on him not going in the second round.

So stoked to hear about this trade from the H8ers

Philly got fleeced, if those picks turn into first rounders they will be late anyway. Wentz is gonna love having an offensive line and a running game.

I think only next years 2nd the only one that can potentially be a 1st. Believe it turns into a 1 if he plays at least 75% the games or something? I dunno if that the only stipulation but as you said that most likely means Indy really good and it a bottom the round pick. Guy was one the top picks in draft few years back and they getting a 3rd and a future 2nd (possibly late 1st), ouch!

Jalen Hurts is a starting QB in the NFL. Wow did I never expect that to happen and its why I lost so much last draft bettng on him not going in the second round.

I have my doubts about him, we see, could be they take another qb in this draft.

Yeah Indy is a great fit. I’m just saying he definitely held on to the ball far too often last season, he was mentally broken in philly. Change of scenery and Reich will be huge for him, think all parties benefitted from this deal

I don’t see how Philly benefits much? Other than the fact they had no choice but to move him, they pretty much got screwed in the deal. He ends up being a franchise qb in Indy and Eagles going down a road that has them looking like the lions.

He might be ruined though as is.

I certainly don’t think it a lock he ever lives up to expectations but def a good gamble by colts and a disaster for Eagles however it shakes out. I’d say he has a better chance succeeding in Indy than anywhere else but doesn’t mean he will.

I don’t see how Philly benefits much? Other than the fact they had no choice but to move him, they pretty much got screwed in the deal. He ends up being a franchise qb in Indy and Eagles going down a road that has them looking like the lions.
I think it was a decent trade for them. Who knows if wentz rebounds? It’s still a risk. They certainly weren’t getting a stafford type return. Jury still out on Hurts but I think he showed enough for optimism

Market was pretty limited for Carson which I think is crazy. Sure he had a shit year but that whole offense was a mess, injuries to the OL and WRs. Low risk, high reward for indy. Worth taking a shot on him than other available QBs unless they were getting Watson which wasn’t gonna happen.

Back