• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

MLB Off-season...

So cardinals finally made the deal for arenado. there been rumors of this trade for 2 years! I’ve always been a tad skeptical of how he will hit away from coors seeing how his drop off from blistering at coors to a meh .800 ops away doesn’t inspire all the confidence in the world. I do think he will be better than that, prob settle in around a .850 ops guy. Anything higher would be great for us!!! His defense is world class and considering what we were gonna go into the season with at 3rd this a huge huge deal!! Most importantly cards somehow pulled this off without giving up much of anything and getting Rockies to pay 50 mil of the contract! Lol. I certainly didn’t expect to get him without giving up any our top prospects and only one major league ready player in Gomber who should settle in as a good 3rd or 4th starter but we have plenty of those on tap!! I don’t even know who the rest the guys are!! Way to go Rockies! Held out to get less!!!

By the time I could make my bet the line had dropped from +240 to +200.

First Future bet

Cardinals to win NL Central

we are for sure gonna win the central. Although I sure woulda liked for them to grab joc pederson at that super cheap 1 year deal Cubs got him on! We could really have used a lefty outfielder with power! Much rather they did that and let yadi walk, kitzner a better hitter than yadi anyways. Oh well, middle our lineup is vastly improved with goldy, arenado, and young Carlson who came on strong at end of the year!! I still think Dejung is gonna end up being a all star short stop and his trajectory at the plate on the rise, im not worried bout the goofy short Rona season where cards had to sit in hotel for a month!

we are for sure gonna win the central. Although I sure woulda liked for them to grab joc pederson at that super cheap 1 year deal Cubs got him on! We could really have used a lefty outfielder with power! Much rather they did that and let yadi walk, kitzner a better hitter than yadi anyways. Oh well, middle our lineup is vastly improved with goldy, arenado, and young Carlson who came on strong at end of the year!! I still think Dejung is gonna end up being a all star short stop and his trajectory at the plate on the rise, im not worried bout the goofy short Rona season where cards had to sit in hotel for a month!

I was waiting for your Cardinals thoughts. They make me happy.

Who do you think wins NL East?

I was waiting for your Cardinals thoughts. They make me happy.

Who do you think wins NL East?

not sure, I havnt followed the off season much and the East is pretty loaded with teams I think feel fairly equal. Sounds as if phillies retained all their players but it just like something always off with them! I really like Marlins up and coming pitching staff. Mets have made some interesting moves but dunno how the gm thing plays into their season? Nats feel like the team who has been losing ground since winning the ws. I might take a deeper dive this next week.

Brewers wasted 18 million for 2 years for Kolten Wong who is a gold glove caliber second baseman who can't hit. Hiura who can hit will either move to first base or be traded further weakening a joke of a lineup.

Who we gonna bitch and moan about now?? @2daBank

bader? I’m thrilled no more Fowler but now we can compare all the young outfielders to Arozarena. Should be plenty of ammo to complain about!! Lol. Sounds like we paying almost all of Fowler’s salary for him to play for the angels!! I suppose I wouldn’t care that much long as im getting my 17 mil! Gotta be a big hit to the ego tho, a team willing to pay 14 of your 16+ mil for you to play somewhere else! Lol.

Of course Fowler will take that to heart and have his best season since leaving the Cubs! So we be paying for him to have a great season in another uniform, doesn’t get any more “cardinal like” than that these last several years!! Nothing jumps a outfielders career like cardinals giving up on him! Nothing nose dives a career like being penciled into cards lineup! Or we get a guy like Pham who produces and we put him on the 1st plane out of town! Dunno wtf has happened to the evaluation department? They havnt kept the right outfielder in years! They quick to bail on ones who on the cusp of greatness! They as bad at the outfield as they are good with pitchers!!

I thought about this, and I’m not sure his value was as good as it was maybe 2 years ago. Seems a little slower, and leaving the elevation might screw his production but that’s just from a first look aspect. Story is cheesed too
They need to establish an identity. If it's just offense, I get it in a division of pitching but you can't give away your pieces. If you're gonna try to compete with pitching :hypnosis: :hypnosis: they simply don't have a path to success and that's coming from a Snakes guy

bauer is one of the dumbest signings in mlb history. you're going to pay a guy that takes the field 1 out of every 5 days at most, who has a near-4 career ERA, 34 million per year? franchise management needs a real crash course on player valuation and how to distribute cash. these GM's are mentally impaired.

I hate the Dodgers. Make me sick.
yeah i've always hated them...glittering example of talent with underproduction every year. i'm glad they spent this much on bauer though. they're a good fit together and it will just be an anchor on the organization for a few years.

Really need a salary cap. The mlb network can slobber all over the dodgers about how smart they are like it’s difficult to win with those payroll advantages.

Really need a salary cap. The mlb network can slobber all over the dodgers about how smart they are like it’s difficult to win with those payroll advantages.
Be nice to give SD credit for drafting and cultivating a winning environment....but there's the real reality. Cash.

The game is escaping the sport very quickly

Be nice to give SD credit for drafting and cultivating a winning environment....but there's the real reality. Cash.

The game is escaping the sport very quickly
San Diego has really upped their payroll and still drafts incredibly well to go along with it. Still it’s a joke having to compete with teams like the Dodgers and yankees.

I am all for a long shutdown next offseason to get a salary cap in place. Too many teams have no chance to compete. I don’t know how Tampa does it they are quite the outlier.

San Diego has really upped their payroll and still drafts incredibly well to go along with it. Still it’s a joke having to compete with teams like the Dodgers and yankees.
And they're in So Cal, not like it's somewhere in BFE

Recap for the weekend:
Ozuna to Atl 65/4y ...rumor is that Doyers offered him 2 and he declined...guess he doesn't want to win?
Almora to Mets
Fiers to A's, 3.5/1y
Scoop to Tigers 4.5/1y
Correa 11.5 avoiding arbitration

Recap for the weekend:
Ozuna to Atl 65/4y ...rumor is that Doyers offered him 2 and he declined...guess he doesn't want to win?
Almora to Mets
Fiers to A's, 3.5/1y
Scoop to Tigers 4.5/1y
Correa 11.5 avoiding arbitration
BAR triples the 4th

Back